No announcement yet.

Taking the war protesting to the next level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Willem, true.. but the news itself is just so stupid that it's already funny . But, I feel this is a grave insult to American vets who fought there.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

These anti-Americans have much to learn before being even remotely interesting. Enlightened antiamericanism only comes after years, if not decades
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
        Enlightened antiamericanism
        Oxymoron?

Comment

I wonder if a protest would convince the UN to get off its ass and condemn the brutal English occupation of Wales? Probably not; we all know that the Bush Administration is run by a secret cabal of Anglo-Saxons, so any resolution condemning England would get vetoed.
          KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

[wrong thread]

Comment

Either this is a set-up for some kind of an elaborate joke...
              I'll be optomistic about my fellow man today and go with option A.

-Arrian
              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

You'll lose 9 times out of 10 with that attitude arrian.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                  Willem, true.. but the news itself is just so stupid that it's already funny . But, I feel this is a grave insult to American vets who fought there.
                  It's an insult to everyone who went through that war. My parents were in Holland during the occupation, and it's ludicrous to imply that they would have been better off without the help of America to free themselves. And since Canadians were fighting right alongside the Yanks, that also makes us accomplices. A protest like that demeans everything that so many people suffered for during that time.

Comment

Willem, I agree. But then again these folks are not very bright to begin with, so we will have to forget about them and let them have their own parties .
                    In da butt.
                    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Kropotkin,

I know that. But I'm in a good mood and figured I'd bet on the longshot.

-Arrian
                      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

My guess is : this is a trick by some pro-war people to show how stupid anti-war people can be. And it will be attended by real anti-war people.
                        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

urgh.NSFW

Comment

Hey! Stefu, you posted this at the SDMB! This is...is...recycled posts!
                            Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

I support this protests. America had no right to interfere with Europe.

Germany was a soverign nation who never attacked the U.S. Sure they declared war on us, but they never attacked. The only nation that attacked us was Japan. We had no right to lead an unprovoked invasion of the African, and European continents.

perhaps reparations are in order.

Comment

Re: Taking the war protesting to the next level

Originally posted by Stefu
                                Some folks in Belgium are apparently planning to have a demonstration against American invasion and occupation of Europe in 1944-1945.

Yes. Really.

Either this is a set-up for some kind of an elaborate joke or they are really putting something in those fries in Belgium.

http://belgium.indymedia.org/news/2003/04/58530.php
                                This is way too much, it has to be some sort of joke.
                                Donate to the American Red Cross.
                                Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

Working...
                                X