No announcement yet.

Iraqi Elections: Who Will You Vote For?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd love to see a communist party gaining power there. Then again, many people call themselves communist. just look at the russian communist party.
    urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel
      I'd love to see a communist party gaining power there. Then again, many people call themselves communist. just look at the russian communist party.

Almost as sickening as your avatar
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

I really wish I would stop getting this messgae whenever I try to vote:

The action you have attempted could not be performed as your session appears to be invalid. Click the below link to attempt this action again with a new session.

Constutional Monarchists.
        Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Assyria shall rise again!

Ashurbanipanal shall crush the thrones of the world beneath the wheels of his chariot!

Comment

Yeah, well, I've talked to lots of them "ancient identity" folks on the web. The rest of the people in Iraq have been converted to arabism for quite a while, but they continue to hold for their ancient identity. As a jew, I can only try and support their effort. (Them and the Chaldeans, another of those 'ethnic' groups.)

The damn *******s shouldn't have destroyed the ancient Israelites' kingdoms, though.
            Last edited by Az; April 28, 2003, 13:32.
            urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew1999
              Assyria shall rise again!

Ashurbanipanal shall crush the thrones of the world beneath the wheels of his chariot!

When he's finished killing that lion, of course.
              Only feebs vote.

Comment

They don't have much support now, but that can change with time. Che in his thread mentioned the Iraqis will be getting universal health care. If we improve the iraqis' situtation, if we see that they don't starve, if we see their kids get treated when they are sick.... we can gain pro-US sympathy and thus get more support for pro-US parties such as INC
                Our virtual abandonment of Karzai doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.
                "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                -Bokonon

Comment

The AECCP does not approve of this election. This is all a Imperialist trick. Yankee Dogs get out!

Except for AECCP members, who will rule Iraq.
                  Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

The INC is probably a suitable AECCP affiliate. Not only has its leader, Ahmed Chalabi, been convicted of a $200 million bank fraud in Jordan (http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story...936304,00.html ), it's the Pentagon favorite.
                    Last edited by Ramo; April 28, 2003, 23:24.
                    "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                    -Bokonon

Comment

Originally posted by Ramo
                      The INC is probably a suitable AECCP affiliate. Not only has its leader, Ahmed Chalabi, been convicted of a $200 million bank fraud in Jordan (http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story...936304,00.html ), it's the Pentagon favorite.
                      Ramo, I can promise you that most military folks do NOT want the INC there, especially those of us in Intelligence/Cryptoanalysis.

Donnie Rumsfeld, however...

Comment

Hmmm... I thought Rummy and the other neocons represented the military establishment (as opposed to the realists in the State Dept.).
                        -Bokonon

Comment

If Chalabi's out, who's the new favorite in the Pentagon?
                          -Bokonon

Comment

At this point, I'm not even sure what would be the best course of action. The situation is ****ed.
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramo
                              Hmmm... I thought Rummy and the other neocons represented the military establishment (as opposed to the realists in the State Dept.).
                              SecDef != Pentagon Brass!

When Rumsfeld took over he wanted to "transform" the military, okey dokey.

His idea of Transformation was getting rid of a Carrier Battle group, and removing the Army's Heavy "Legacy" divisions, because we wouldn't be fighting a war in the future that requires Main Battle Tanks.

So, two wars later, in which for the first one 95% percent of the Air missions were flown over a landlocked country from for CVBGs, and the second, where 90% of the sorties were flown from 6 CVBGs and extensively used weapons designed for a war that never happened, he still wants to hose around with the military. He wanted to delay the construction of CVN(x) by 4 years, which would have dropped the number of availible CVBGs by 2.

Incidently, 60% of the USN was deployed last month, so I know he pissed off a lot of sailors, and I know there are a lot of soldiers who wake up sweating thinking about fighting any organized military with light "Stryker" vehicles.

The Military hates Rummie. He also pulls Intelligence estimates out of his ass and doesn't tell anyone where he got them from. He gripes and moans when US Naval commanders try to open Dialogue with their Iranian counterparts to prevent misunderstandings ("It isn't the military's purview") and then goes off and thinks he's the Secretary of State.

Last I heard, strictly unofficially, lotsa people in the service want there to be a brief occupation force whereby the neighboring countries have a major say in how things are run, not the Coalition (although Britain and the US will still be ultimately in charge) and not the UN, the regional countries. Yes, even Iran, who we spoke with during a regional summit regarding Afghanistan.

Comment

Working...
                              X