No announcement yet.

Vetlegion (and ex-yugoslavs in general)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is from Hermann. He is author of post-apocalyptic comic "Jeremiah" (not long ago they fimed a miniseries about it, starring Luke Perry aka Dylan)

Comment

In English I think it's Tales From Sarajevo or something.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I've searched for the author's name at Amazon.com, with no matches. I'm not sure if it has been translated in English.
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

And I remember now. There was a big comic publishing house in sarajevo before the war. Many authors are friends with the owner.

I can not find anything by Bilal on Bosnia.. hmm, maybe I confused him with somebody. Bilal was born in Belgrade but is a famous French author.

Spiffor, here is a suggestion for you, if you haven't already read it (should be obligatory for commies): "Partie du chasse" by Bilal (The Hunting Party). Very dark comic, and crazy like all Bilal's comics. But it makes you think if it really happened that way.

Comment

For some reason, I thought Bilal was of Mongol origin

Is Partie de chasse about Bosnia too ?
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

Is Partie de chasse about Bosnia too ?

It is about the fall of communism. How it happened behind the scenes. Since you are French you should be able to find it in libraries. Worth reading

Comment

Oh and Hermann is from Belgium I think. I was not impressed by his "Sarajevo Tango" so don't bother to seek it

Comment

OK, I'll try to think about it next time I'm in France.

Comment

OK, I'll try to think about it next time I'm in France.

It will be worth it It is about how communism crumbled from inside, but not chaoticaly, there were old and wise men behind it... and the comic is full of symbols, the Hunt happnes somewhere in eastern europe during winter and all the high functionaries tell their tales... and then go to their last hunt.. very dark, but great anway.

This is I believe the comic about Bosnia by Bilal. I have not read it so I am not sure.

Comment

AH yes, I think I've read it some time ago. I remember it belongs to my uncle's collection, but I don't remeber precisely what it was about

Comment

I have just come backhome from Germany. I have recieved the comics, but I am way too drunk tonight to read it.
                        I'll give you my impressions tomorrow when I'll have absorbed alcohol. I keep your comic suggestion in mind, and I'll try to buy it at the library this weekend, before I go back to Germany

Comment

Well, I've read both books, and they rock, despite being very different.

Comtes de Bosnie is excellent, with very epurated drawings and storyline. It goes straight to the point, and shows the horro and absurdity of the war much better than any newspaper would do

Partie de Chasse is more artistic with the drawings consistently between sheer realism and a bit of abstraction every now and then. A great work !

Comment

I have not read the Bosnian one so I don't know.

About Partie de Chasse, I told you so

So, are you still a commie?

Comment

Naturally. I have never associated myself with the East bloc.

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion
                                paiktis don't call us ex-yugoslavians jeysus

it's creepy enough people across the pond think we are in africa, you should know better
                                And people don't want to go to the Baltics 'cause they think there's a civil war going on, with all the mass graves etc.
                                Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                                Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                                Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Working...
                                X