No announcement yet.

Vetlegion (and ex-yugoslavs in general)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vetlegion (and ex-yugoslavs in general)

Remember that coimic writer who did a great anti war comic with some metalheads muslims and serbs during the yugoslav war?

Anyway, too bad I don't have a scanner, I'd scan it all and translate it from greek, it's that good.

So his name is TOMAZ LAVRIC, he also signs as TBC.

Do you know him? Have a website of his?

and his comic book I read an exrept from is, from what I found on the net, Bosanske Basni (Fables de Bosnie in french) Paramythea tis Vosnias in Greek which in engl;ish should be something like Tales from Bosnia?

Comment

heh logical there are only french referances apart from yugoslav. the frenchies know how to recognize good things.

Comment

Hrm, you've excited my curiosity. I think I'll order it.
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

If only I had a scanner... I could scan the excerpt I have and you'd understand. I can't describe it in english, I will not do it justice. My guarantee however that is truley, genuinly, greatly worthwhile.

Now that I know the title of the album (I have read only an exerpt in a greek comic magazine called babel) I'll go look for it in the stores. If I dont find the album here, I'll order it in french. (since my serbocroat are a bit rusty )

Comment

Well, I have just bought it. It'll arrive in my parent's home in France, so I won't read it before 2 weeks though
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

you will not regret it.

Comment

BTW can you give me the link from where you ordered it so I can order it too (using a friend's credit card since I dont have one by conviction ) if i dont find it in the greek stores?

merci

Comment

You shouldn't have any trouble having it sent in Greece thanks to the EU, but it might cost you more money than having it sent in France.

Comment

Thank you so much!

I don't mind paying more for things like these

Comment

The guy is Slovenian and lives in Ljublljana... but I never read anything from him yet... thanks for the tip
                      Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                      GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

major miss! highly recommended

Comment

paiktis don't call us ex-yugoslavians jeysus

it's creepy enough people across the pond think we are in africa, you should know better

Anyway, I have never heard of the guy. There are also some other comics about Bosnia by foreign authors (Enki Bilal, Hermann..). Seems to fascinate them quite some.

I have a scanner though. I will give you a taste of real Croatian artwork soon enough

Comment

VetLegion :
                            Do you show a Macedonian flag only to piss the Greeks ?

Comment

Spiffor, arent we in the same time zone? you should go to sleep

Comment

Working...
                              X