Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which country with nuclear weapons frightens you the most?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BeBro
    North Korea, if they really have them. Not because I think they are belonging to the axis of evil, but because I can´t identify a rational policy with WMDs there.

If they really have them, they could negotiate without all the aggressive rhetorics and come to a kind of "quiet" agreement with the US. But they sound sometimes as if they think they have nothing to lose, which makes them most dangerous IMO.
    Read some game theory. It can be an effective negotiation strategy to convince your adversary that you are irrational. It affects how he deals with you. Of course, maybe they really are irrational. And the doubt makes that strategy so much more effective...

Comment

Huh? Now that's a standard of communication hard to beat.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Seriously Sloww, your comment didn't make any sense. What is it supposed to say?
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by GP

Read some game theory. It can be an effective negotiation strategy to convince your adversary that you are irrational. It affects how he deals with you.
          Yes, maybe. But since I´m from Eastern Germany I´m not convinced that Communist leaders in a crisis are close in touch with reality...

However, hopefully my fears are exaggerated
          Blah

Comment

USA and Russia

USA: see Spiffor's reasons

Russia : because of the large amount they have and the possible lack of control over some, due to financial reasons and corruption (but maybe i'm too much influenced by Hollywood about it )

NK : not really. Their nukes seem to be essentially a way to obtain what they want.

Others nuclear powers : their nukes are made for defense only, it is higly doubtful they would nuke first.
            However, the possibility of a coup d'etat in Pakistan is dangerous.
            "An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind" - Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
              And your posting here rather than making out?
              Hey, even I get tired of that.
              (Not often, but sometimes).
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

USA

Comment

Pakistan and India.

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer
                    Seriously Sloww, your comment didn't make any sense. What is it supposed to say?
                    I think he meant "Indians are stupid"
                    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Well, I thought so too, but I was hoping he'd clarify that. Sadly, it certainly would be in line with the horse**** he's always shooting all over this forums.
                      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

USA.

With its tendency to constantly get into fights with other countries and the refusal to rule out the use of nuclear weapons, it's the one country that's most likely to use nuclear weapons on another country.
                        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                          USA.

With its tendency to constantly get into fights with other countries and the refusal to rule out the use of nuclear weapons, it's the one country that's most likely to use nuclear weapons on another country.
                          Maybe if all you fear is "usage". But if you don't pull what the Japs did in WW2, you should be ok.

Comment

It depends on the intent of Horsie's question.

If he means, which country's possession of nukes (of the coutrnies whih have them) frighten you the most, I'd have to say it was a toss up between Russia (for the reasons GP listsed) and Pakistan. I list Pakistan because:
                            1) It's one coup away from becoming a Taliban state.
                            2) It gave uranium reprocessing technology to North Korea, i.e., it has exported nuke technology.
                            3) It's the country in the immediate future that is most likely to be involved in a war in which nukes will be used.

If, however, Horsie's question is, of the list of nuke owning powers, which scares you the most, I'd have to say it's my county. With or without nukes, the peace-loving USA has been involved in nearly a conflict a year since the end of WWII. Nothing holds us in check, not even the will of our own people.
                            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Pakistan, by far. The most dangerous country on earth.
                              KH FOR OWNER!
                              ASHER FOR CEO!!
                              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

USA

-Militaristic
                                -Exspansionist

By far the most dangerous

Russia

I don't fear their nuclear weapons, I fear the state of the nuclear plants

North-Korea, India, Pakistan

Very dangerous when mixed with American diplomats.

(American-diplomat, is that an oxymoron ?)

Comment

Working...
                                X