Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which country with nuclear weapons frightens you the most?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which country with nuclear weapons frightens you the most?

We've heard a lot about weapons of mass destruction recently.

Which nuclear power are you most afraid of and why?
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Oh, let me say it before anybody else!?!?!?!?

USA!!!!

Comment

The US is the only country to actually use them in a hostile act. They are also on the warpath (judging from recent events). Fortunately they use Australia for support, so they aren't really to be feared. They also mainly target the British for friendly fire incidents, so I don't really fear them.

No other country has used nuclear weapons in aggression, so they don't rate.
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Russia, reasons:

1. large amount of them. Enough to end the world.
        2. Intercontinental delivery mechanisms.
        3. Corruption rampant.
        4. Potential for slipping back into hostile dictatorship

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
          Oh, let me say it before anybody else!?!?!?!?

USA!!!!

Now why would you say that John?
          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

In comparison the other nuclear powers:

US: only 1 and 2 (save the trolls, tired Horsie)
            UK: half of 1 and 2
            France: half of 1 and 2
            China: half of 1 and 2, all of 3 and 4
            India: 3 and 4 only
            Pakistan: Do they have them? Can't remember if that test was verified? In any case, only 3 and 4.
            Israel: Do they have them? If so, probably doesn't match any of the numbers.

Comment

1. The USA, by far.
              They are the only ones who threaten to use them in an offensive way, and their current leadership is bigoted enough to actually do so. Besides, they have the power to create international crises, and won't hesitate to do so.

2. North Korea
              Nuclear power is their main asset in the current diplomatic crisis. Kim might have entered a suicidial path for his country and the ones surrounding. But their conventional potential is probably more fearsome as their nuclear potential, since their artillery could easily level Seoul

3. Israel
              They are fighting for their very survival. They won't hesitate to use their nukes if a conventional war goes badly.

4. Pakistan
              About as fearsome as India, but it adds the nice extra touch of being a tame Islamist country that could become radical if Musharraf fails. For some reason, I don't like the idea of a terrorist-supporting regime with nukes.

5. India
              Until now, the nuclear ability of these 2 countries has merely been chest-thumping, but the strong hatred between these two countries, and their propension to massacre each other, could lead to a degenrative situation.

Others aren't fearsome IMHO, since they don't intend to use them first, and should show some caution before using their nukes.
              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

none

Comment

Originally posted by paiktis22
                  none
                  That avatar hurts my head. Have pity on people who drank last night.

Comment

This thread has been voted most likely to end up under the moderator's carpet. Wine has nothing to do with this assessment. Especially not the three bottle of German reisling that have mysteriously been used up tonight by myself and my fiance.
                    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

push "Diakope" (intermission/stop) at your IE! and eat capari

Comment

North Korea, if they really have them. Not because I think they are belonging to the axis of evil, but because I can´t identify a rational policy with WMDs there.

If they really have them, they could negotiate without all the aggressive rhetorics and come to a kind of "quiet" agreement with the US. But they sound sometimes as if they think they have nothing to lose, which makes them most dangerous IMO.
                        Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                          Wine has nothing to do with this assessment. Especially not the three bottle of German reisling that have mysteriously been used up tonight by myself and my fiance.
                          And your posting here rather than making out?

Comment

India, because essentially they have the brains gave a beer can.
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                              India, because essentially they have the brains gave a beer can.

huh?
                              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Working...
                              X