Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm damn glad the protestors were ignored...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sava
    Fez: A lot of your "points" skirt dangerously close to fascism.
    Name one.
    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Remember, 49.9 percent of Americans voted for bush, so of course they'd be for the war......
      C'mon now Tass, don't give him that much credit. Only approx. 48 million people voted for Bush... between 16%-16.5% of America.

What's funny about those "Do you support war" polls, is that they are very general and don't get in to specifics. Most Americans, pre-War, wanted UN approval, and proof that this war needed to happen right away. Such proof was never presented, and after the bombs started falling and our troops were in danger, most Americans simply supported our Armed Forces. The question "Do you support the war?" became synonymous with "Do you like America?".

Personally, I don't give a crap about what the average Joe's and Jane's think. Most of them aren't informed enough to make a credible decision anyhow. What is interesting though, is that if you look at the polls when cross-sectioned with education level, anti-war sentiment was much higher for people who were college educated.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dissident

Well if it were up to lefties, we couldn't find humour in anything. They are trying to take away everything we find funny.

Humour helps people make it through difficult situations in case you don't know that. But being a lefty, you probably don't know that.
        By stereotyping people into two groups, you are making a huge mistake. This may come to a surprise to you, but there are more than two political ideologies. And saying "lefties" are trying to take away humor is just stupid.

The Pope disagreed with the war. Is he a "Lefty" too?
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• between 16%-16.5% of America.
          So I suppose you would like to see 2 year olds going out to vote aswell? Just kidding yah...
          For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• yes the pope probalby is a lefty. I'm not certain of that.

You can't even make gay jokes in america anymore. There is a reason for that. Because some people think it creates a hate environment towards gays.

Comment

• [threadjack]What's wrong with fascism, Sava?[/threadjack]

Comment

yes the pope probalby is a lefty. I'm not certain of that.

You can't even make gay jokes in america anymore. There is a reason for that. Because some people think it creates a hate environment towards gays.
                Take your blinders off man. That simply isn't true. Listen to Chicago Sports Radio for about ten minutes.

The Pope a lefty... I hope you aren't serious
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuomerehu
                  What's wrong with fascism, Sava?
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

yes the pope probalby is a lefty. I'm not certain of that.

Great quote. I'll keep it
                    "An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind" - Gandhi

Comment

• Saddam just wanted his own little country. He wanted to build palaces and surround himself with beautiful things. He was predictable. And he didn't want to sacrifice his life for his beliefs.
                      Yes. He also wanted to, and did, kill a sh*tload of people.

Sava, you make Iraq sound like a goddam Club Med.
                      Lime roots and treachery!
                      "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

• Yes Saddam built all those things.. and one hell of a nice yacht. It was a Club Med for him and his innercircles. It was pure **** for the Iraqi people... years of starvation while Saddam and his men eat caviar. Stalin reincarinated.

Comment

• That was a kewl yacht...
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

• It was a Club Med for him and his innercircles. It was pure **** for the Iraqi people... years of starvation while Saddam and his men eat caviar. Stalin reincarinated.
                            Fear my -attack!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuomerehu

Fear my -attack!
                              Why?

Comment

• Comparing Saddam Hussein and Iosef Stalin?

Comment

Working...
                                X