Morality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morality

Here is the Robin Hood morality test - http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/morality.htm

Who did you think was in the moral right or wrong? What result did you get?

I chose

MARION, LITTLE JOHN, SHERIFF, ROBIN -
    You are essentially a contented person, even if you consider yourself a little superior. You are moral by your own standards, for you believe that morality is what best suits the occasion.

You are sexually uninhibited, more romantic than you may appear,and more dependent on the approval of others than you care to admit.

I remember doing this test at school years ago.

I chose:

Little John, Marion, Sheriff, Robin

LITTLE JOHN, MARION, SHERIFF, ROBIN
    You are the slightly romantic realist. You respect truth, and are broadminded and flexible. Whether you are a man or a woman you are probably a happy person. You like people and they can readily make friends with you. You are not very adventurous, but this does not bother you.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

You are a fairly broadminded romantic and reasonably contented. You value kindness greatly and try to live by your ideals. You do not conceal from yourself, or from others, your strong need for security, which may be either emotional or material.

(Men) Perhaps you tend to idealise women and credit them with virtues they don't possess.

Not bad
      "Life is pretty simple: You do some stuff. Most fails. Some works. You do more of what works. If it works big, others quickly copy it. Then you do something else.
      The trick is the doing something else."
      — Leonardo da Vinci
      "If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
      "In vino veritas" - Plinio il vecchio

Comment

silly shrinks
        CSPA

Comment

MARION, LITTLE JOHN, ROBIN, SHERIFF
          We would expect you to be a happy, well-balanced person who likes people and is like by others. You question whether many conventional views on morality are valid under all circumstances.

(Men) Do we detect a sense of chivalry and idealism under the sophistication?

(Women) You will expect high standards form the men to whom you give your love.
          The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

What did you get Gang?

And this one is interesting -

SHERIFF, ROBIN, MARION, LITTLE JOHN

(Women) If you really believe this is the right order, you baffle us completely.

Comment

You are the slightly romantic realist. You respect truth, and are broadminded and flexible. Whether you are a man or a woman you are probably a happy person. You like people and they can readily make friends with you. You are not very adventurous, but this does not bother you.
              CSPA

Comment

I made the same choice as red_jon ... I chose Marion as the best because she was honest, ready to make sacrifices and yet could profit from a good opportunity. Robin, IMO, was a thankless jerk who clung to senseless morals. I ranked Little John higher than the Sheriff because he gave other people freedom of choice...

As for the test's evaluation of me...

You are essentially a contented person
                Definitely, I'm happy with life

even if you consider yourself a little superior
                Umm...

You are moral by your own standards, for you believe that morality is what best suits the occasion.
                Yep. Morality can be a very dirty and complex thing if you try to generalize it...

You are sexually uninhibited
                I would be sexually uninhibited if I was socially uninhibited ... but, er, as some people here do know, I have my... sexuality .

more romantic than you may appear
                I usually appear to be not romantic at all .

and more dependent on the approval of others than you care to admit.
                Dunno about this... I do not consider myself dependent on the approval of others... but... who knows?
                This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

LITTLE JOHN, MARION, ROBIN, SHERIFF
                  You are a fairly broadminded romantic and reasonably contented. You value kindness greatly and try to live by your ideals. You do not conceal from yourself, or from others, your strong need for security, which may be either emotional or material.

(Men) Perhaps you tend to idealise women and credit them with virtues they don't possess.

(Women) Your experiences of men have not all been happy, perhaps because you hope for a little too much?
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Marion, Little John, Sherrif, Robin

Comment

(Women) Your experiences of men have not all been happy, perhaps because you hope for a little too much?
                      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

"If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun." -Katherine Hepburn

Comment

Boann! Me too.

http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

"If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun." -Katherine Hepburn

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov

Me too!

Too bad we have too much in common.
                              We might make a hell of a couple.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                              X