• Time
  • Show
Clear All

limp bizkir is the only deceny rocker I know
    In een hoerekotje aan den overkant emmekik mijn bloem verloren,
    In een hoerekotje aan den overkant bennekik mijn bloemeke kwijt

Comment

Buck:

The White Stripes have released four albums so far, of those I highly recommend their first one (self-titled) and the most recent one, Elephant. Both brilliant in very different ways.
      What do you think of De Stijl? It's still, far and away, my favourite of theirs. Elephant comes close, but it's not quite the same. But that's just me.

As for rock'n'roll in general, there is only one answer: The Beatles. The Beatles, The Beatles, The Beatles!

Oh, and also George Harrison solo albums. Some of the best rock & roll ever, I'd wager.

And also Dylan.
      "I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
      "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine
      "I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours." -Bob Dylan

Comment

And Zappa!

How could I forget the Zappa? No other man could possibly produce THAT MUCH music, and have it attain an average quality that was impressively above par.
        "I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
        "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine
        "I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours." -Bob Dylan

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX
          i'm into heaver rock. Mudvayne, Spineshank, Slayer, et al. i draw the line at bands like Decide, where it's more screaming than music.

Linkin Parks new CD, meteora, rocks.

best. cd. ever.
          Meteora is indeed great, and I also like Spineshank.
          Nowadays I'm into Something Corporate, The Mad Caddies, and The Used among other bands. Good stuff.

Comment

those who got linkin' park "meteora" CD... any explanation why they named their new CD after one of the holy sites of greece?
            Last edited by Bereta_Eder; April 26, 2003, 20:45.

Comment

I'll have to give that linkin park another listen. The song they are playing on the radio I don't like that much. But I do like several songs from their first album.

I'm going to check out the stripes on kazaa. I need to listen to a few new bands. I'm starting to turn into an old geezer who doesn't like new rock . New bands I like a lot are Tool and System of a Down. Linkin park is cool. And I like godsmack as well. Creed is halfway decent. They will never top their first album though.

Comment

Good Metal:
                ACDC
                Judas Priest
                KMFDM (technoish)
                Rammstein
                Rob Zombie
                Freedom Call
                Grave Digger
                Hammerfall
                Helloween
                Clawfinger

Good Wimp Rock:
                Andrew WK
                Aimee Allen
                Bif Naked
                Puddle of Mudd
                Antiflag
                Distillers
                Me First and the Gimme Gimmes
                Offspring
                Sum41
                System of a Down
                Thrice
                Beatles
                Rolling Stones
                Queen
                Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Metal is wimp rock. Have you ever seen a metal fan that didn't have a day job as a bespectacled computer nerd?

cinch: Very embarassingly I lost my copy of De Stijl somewhere in my room the day after I bought it. After being reminded of it by this thread I've spent several minutes on trying to find it (for like the tenth time), to no avail. Oh well, I'm clearing out my room completely in a couple of weeks (moving), so it'll probably turn up then.
                  Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
                  Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Originally posted by Big Crunch
                    I have never heard of the band Evanescence. What type of music is it, and how quickly will they fade away?

Evanescence - a review I just had to share

1 star out of five

For the masses to devour

by bengotdafunk from Plano, Texas (USA)

why rate an album i would never give a second listen to anyway? because it hurt so much i'd like to give something back.

everything about this music makes me want to yank that narcissitic semi-goth-senator out of that album cover and eat her head. that obnoxious smirk--do you sense it too? gleaming at you as if she knows something you don't. as if her voyage into the doom-quarters has trekked a thousand miles further than yours. as if she KNOWS the sheer, blasting profundity of her album will blow you away into the foggy, unbearable land of traaaaaansient vaaaaaapor where only numbness and solidarity subside! ooooooooh! the sunless desert from which there is NO ESCAAAAAAAPE! where love is but a memory!

this music is worth 4 words: melodramatic, digressive, mediocre, and conformist. it are these qualities that make music such as this and say, creed, exhausting to endure.

what is the origin of a good migraine?:

1.) self-indulgent, pseudo-operatic wailing
                    2.) painfully cliche chord progressions
                    3.) laughably pretentious proclamations of despair
                    4.) awareness that each musician of evanescence will make a respectable load of cash off this album's single.

evanescence is linkin park, but a little less creative, led by a female power-ballad tornado instead of a young-angry-white-boy-tiger-roar of redundant furiosity.

evaneeeeescence, oooooooooh, vespers and vapors and ghosts, oooooh GHOOOOOOSTS and goblins and rainy industrial city nights! ooooooooh woe and fleeting hopes! oh this dreary life of western civilization, ooooooooooooh dark and dank and doleful and dismal and oooooooooh love is a dead corpse! just take me now, i can no longer withstand the burden of rock n' roll touring under this lonesome despair, this somber burden of the merciless gothic essence!

evanescence. this is a name a band chooses by turning off the lights and lighting candles and putting on black tape for a blue girl and flipping through the dictionary. i mean, c'mon, if they were really serious they would've at least spelled their name in true pop-form by replacing the end with a z.

here's a run of probable early name choices for the band that is now "evanescence":

pre-dictionary:
                    --edgar my guardian
                    --sylvia's oven
                    --creepy gaseous substance
                    --the incorporeal beings
                    --the melancholigraphers
                    --the alleyway urchins

dictionary-found:
                    --necrosis
                    --lachrymose
                    --disconsolation
                    --the disconsolates
                    --ignis fatuus

the only reason i give this album a star at all is because it is music and i'm glad that there's music.

perhaps i have way too much time on my hands.
                    i recommend jeff buckley's "grace" or bright eyes' "lifted..." because they possess all the qualities that "fallen" pretends to shine.

buckley drove his car into a friggin lake. this evanescence chick fell out of an imaginary skyscraper window in a digitally manipulated music video.

her dress flapped in the dewy air like a yearning vessssssssper.
                    Periodista : A proposito del escudo de la fe, Elisa, a mí me sorprendía Reutemann diciendo que estaba dispuesto a enfrentarse con el mismísimo demonio (Menem) y después terminó bajándose de la candidatura. Ahí parece que fuera ganando el demonio.

Elisa Carrio: No, porque si usted lee bien el Génesis dice que la mujer pisará la serpiente.

Comment

Originally posted by August Borms
                      limp bizkir is the only deceny rocker I know
                      /me suspects Bormsy of partaking of the alcoholic beverages.
                      But thats ok. I know I have.

To actually add content to this post though, I wouldlike to recommend Eddie's Den (or something similar) who are about to be signed up. They used to be named "Mayhem of Oz" but changed their name due to another band with a similar name already existing. They r0x0rz!

I realise that virtually none of you have heard of them, but that doesn't bother me much.
                      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Metal is wimp rock. Have you ever seen a metal fan that didn't have a day job as a bespectacled computer nerd?

That's my point. Anyone who isn't a geek and doesn't wear glasses is a wimp.
                        Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                        X