Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Probablility to be completed in next 5 years?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tniem
    Ok, I think understand what you meant now but the problem is that you didn't understand what I was saying. I was mentioning that not because I thought that Firaxis would release the dino game just that once anyone came out with an exciting dinosaur game that it would be a winner. It is one of those things that everyone would be interested in. But the whole problem is that it is hard to have a fun idea for a dino game. So whoever comes up with a way to make the game first will be rich with a highly successful game.
    Oh, I understand you. I just don't think people are as into dinosaurs as you think they are.
    "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

I am as into dinosaurs as he thinks they are.

And I don't like to count Turok as a dinosaur game a) because most of the enemy characters are not dinosaurs, and b) because the only time you actually see dinosaurs is when you shoot them with weapons of mass destruction.
      Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. President
        I am as into dinosaurs as he thinks they are.
        My point is that no game developer in his right mind is going to look at a proposal for a dinosaur-centric game and think to himself "This is going to sell like hotcakes." Sid Meier didn't.

Sure, he likes dinosaurs, you like dinosaurs, even I like dinosaurs. Hell, everybody likes dinosaurs. We like to see them eat people, we like to see them fight each other, and we like to see them get shot with lasers.

But the vast majority of people out these have no interest in raising them from hatchlings. People cannot connect with dinosaur culture. Therefore, there will never be a true dinosaur game.

QED
        "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

If the gameplay is great, the subject matter is irrelevant. Something people "like" is sufficient for the game to sell well.
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

People can't connect with dinosaur culture but they're willing to swallow Civilization's technological advance system?
            Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Static Universe
              I just don't think people are as into dinosaurs as you think they are.
              Go to any natural history museum in the country and take a look at what people look at. I was in New York City last week and most people go in that museum to see the dinosaurs. I could walk the rest of the museum and there was no one looking at ancient civilizations. But dinosaurs? The place was packed. No where to move. I think people are into dinosaurs - the question is how to make an interesting game. And that is not as easy as for human stories.
              About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Working...
              X