Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Probablility to be completed in next 5 years?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lemmy: Here, some computer stores sell packages of six old SimGames. One of them has SimEarth. Maybe you can find it.
    Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

A cool little real-timer like the old game EVO would be nice.
      "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower
        does firaxis make RTS games though? I didn't think they did
        As already mentioned Gettysburg/Antitem were RTS games (although not your classical real time game). In that same sense SimGolf was real time in the same way that a simulation dinosaur game would have been. So I would not think that a SimEarth or SimLife or SimPlanet type game with dinosaurs at the heart of it would have been all that unthinkable for Firaxis to do. Nor do I think a game without that much opportunity for success would have been unthinkable for Sid to do. After all, he did make CPU Bach, a program that created music in the style of Bach and as far as I know, did not sell very well. So I think a dino game may have been possible by Firaxis.
        About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower
          Sid's not calling the shots anymore, InfoGreed is
          Umm, only on the games that Infogrames publishes and as far as I know, that is done after PTW. Then back to Firaxis' relationship with EA. There they have produced Gettysburg, AC, and SimGolf. Most likely that Firaxis will be heading back to them for future works.
          About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

True, Firaxis only dealt with infogreed due to the necessity of the situation. infogreed owns the Civilization brand-name, so they had to work with that publisher if they were to use the name.
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I doubt it will ever get finished and I can't say that is a bad thing.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

hmm, I guess it is time to bury this forum.........
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

i guess so, alva...

and the game is not gonna happen...

Comment

Not so fast, people.
                    "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Hmm...

Maybe after new version of Pirates or X-com get rereleased.

And that could take a while.

Comment

looks like a bumped this forum ...
                        “...This means GCA won 7 battles against our units, had Horsemen retreat from 2 battles against NMs, and lost 0 battles.” --Jon Shafer 1st ISDG

Comment

maybe we should top the hello there! Theard so people new to apoyon knew what happened!
                          “...This means GCA won 7 battles against our units, had Horsemen retreat from 2 battles against NMs, and lost 0 battles.” --Jon Shafer 1st ISDG

Comment

Dinos was not definantly going to be an RTS. Sid did mention that a TBS version was one of the three main ones he was partial to.
                            "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                            "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                            "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                            "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Apocalypse is right!

Comment

I haven't yet given up the hope. So I voted several months ago that the Dinosaurs would be seen in 4-5 years, despite my own estimate is even more distant than that.
                                "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Working...
                                X