What's Your Favorite Dinosaur?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's Your Favorite Dinosaur?

I've always like tyrannosaurs, ever since I was very, very young. I was impressed, I suppose, by their sheer size and power. And now they're trying to make us believe that Tyrannosaurus Rex was a scavenger. Please!
    Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

i like the birds, yep, the birds are my favorite dinosaur.
    <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
    Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

I like the Diplodocus.
      They are big, peaceful, but don't get bullied around too much by scavengers.
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Anklyosaurus with the turtle shell and the clubbed tail. That must've been one bada$$ dinosaur

Dave
        "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

Parasaurolop(h?)us of the duck-billed kind used to be my favourite.
          Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

I like this one too
            Attached Files
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Is that a tyrannosaur?

Comment

I'd probably say that my favourite dinosaur is the velociraptor. Small, fast, near impossible for its prey to escape.
                "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
                "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
                "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I used to like the Triceratops since it could often defeat Tyrannosaurs and they were only attacked when those big carnivores were really hungry.
                  Yet somewhere I recently read that those long horns they had were no weapons instead they were used to attract mates, in this case Triceratops would not be all that cool anymore.

BTW many Anklyosaurus skeletons have been found laying upside down, which suggests that bigger dinosaurs could sometimes turn them over and eat them then when they were pretty much defenseless.
                  Interested in creating a TBS game similar to Colonization?
                  Have a look here !
                  New C++ programmers needed!

Comment

Originally posted by chronocrator
                    I used to like the Triceratops since it could often defeat Tyrannosaurs and they were only attacked when those big carnivores were really hungry.
                    Yet somewhere I recently read that those long horns they had were no weapons instead they were used to attract mates, in this case Triceratops would not be all that cool anymore.

BTW many Anklyosaurus skeletons have been found laying upside down, which suggests that bigger dinosaurs could sometimes turn them over and eat them then when they were pretty much defenseless.
                    Ceratopsians are pretty cool. The one I like best (I can't remember its name) is smaller than the Triceratops and has spikes on the top of its head shield.

Do you notice that they seem now to want to downplay the degree to which dinosaurs used their attributes for hunting and fighting? Tyrannosaurs are now scavengers, Velociraptors are not efficient hunters but thinking animals, Triceratops uses its horns for "peaceful" purposes.

Just the fact that Ankylosaurus skeletons have been found on their backs doesn't automatically imply that they were turned that way by predators, but I'm sure that did happen since so much of their weight would have been on their back like a modern turtle.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. President
                      Is that a tyrannosaur?
                      Yep, tyrannosaurus rex.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. President
                        Ceratopsians are pretty cool. The one I like best (I can't remember its name) is smaller than the Triceratops and has spikes on the top of its head shield.
                        I believe you are talking about the styracosaurus.

Do you notice that they seem now to want to downplay the degree to which dinosaurs used their attributes for hunting and fighting? Tyrannosaurs are now scavengers, Velociraptors are not efficient hunters but thinking animals, Triceratops uses its horns for "peaceful" purposes.
                        Maybe it isn't a downplay but rather actual scientific research. Before, scientits who found a horn on a dinosaur might just have assumed that it is for fighting and the dino with the biggest, sharpest teeth was the greatest hunter of course.
                        I still think dinosaurs are cool, though.

edit: found the picture here: http://taggart.glg.msu.edu/isb200/dino.htm
                        Attached Files
                        Interested in creating a TBS game similar to Colonization?
                        Have a look here !
                        New C++ programmers needed!

Comment

I always liked the Dionycus. I don't know why.
                          "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                          "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                          "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                          "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

My father-in-law really likes dinosaurs.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Oh my! Did he make that!

Apocalypse is a cool screen name, congratulations on beating me to it.

Comment

Working...
                              X