No announcement yet.

4th Apolyton CtP2 SP Tournament: 3 September - 3 November 2002

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This problem has beem reported before in Cradle, so this is not new.

The endgame requirements are different from the default game. Here are the Cradle requirements.

ENDGAME_GAIA_CONTROLLER_CORE {
    Wonder WONDER_THE_SOLARIS_PROJECT

TurnsToActivate 50
    }

ENDGAME_GAIA_COMPUTER {
    Building IMPROVE_GAIA_COMPUTER

MinNeeded 30
    }

ENDGAME_POWER_SATELLITE {
    Building IMPROVE_POWER_SATELLITE

MinNeeded 30
    MaxNeeded 45
    }

ENDGAME_PROCESSING_TOWER {
    TerrainImprovement TILEIMP_PROCESSING_TOWER

MinNeeded 10

PowerSource ENDGAME_POWER_SATELLITE

// use min radius when min power sources are built
    MinRadius 4

// use max radius when max power sources are built
    MaxRadius 7

// need to have 70% of the map area covered
    MinCoverage 0.7
    }

And here are the default requirements.

ENDGAME_GAIA_CONTROLLER_CORE {
    Wonder WONDER_THE_SOLARIS_PROJECT

TurnsToActivate 10
    }

ENDGAME_GAIA_COMPUTER {
    Building IMPROVE_GAIA_COMPUTER

MinNeeded 10
    }

ENDGAME_POWER_SATELLITE {
    Building IMPROVE_POWER_SATELLITE

MinNeeded 10
    MaxNeeded 20
    }

ENDGAME_PROCESSING_TOWER {
    TerrainImprovement TILEIMP_PROCESSING_TOWER

MinNeeded 5

PowerSource ENDGAME_POWER_SATELLITE

// use min radius when min power sources are built
    MinRadius 5

// use max radius when max power sources are built
    MaxRadius 8

// need to have 60% of the map area covered
    MinCoverage 0.6
    }

Nothing else was changed.

Could it be that changing the numerical requirements may cause a bug??? But as Locutus reported, sometimes a player has success on the same setup while other players crash.

So I'm confused
    Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
    ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

• Originally posteed by hexagonian
      Could it be that changing the numerical requirements may cause a bug??? But as Locutus reported, sometimes a player has success on the same setup while other players crash.
      As I tried to win by the science in the first tournerment I game crashed, too. I found out that when I completed the Solaris Project this problem occured. I had everything ready the needed controllers, satellites, computers and obelisks. Just the womnder was missing. I am not shure if I already started the activation sequence, maybe yes. Finally I was able to stretch the construction of the Solaris Project until I got the science victory.

-Martin
      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Locutus
        centrifuge,
        3700BC Amazing... you are either EXTREMELY good or EXTREMELY lucky...
        Well, I'm sure that you know which one I'd prefer it to be , but I think that there was probably some luck involved

Comment

• Plan No. 1 - Science Victory.

Plan No. 2 - Survival / Rejection of plan No. 1.

Plan No. 3 - Make a B-line for Nukes. I think this will be the only thing ultimately saving me, I'm just so far behind, but somehow 'just' holding on.
          3am...! Can't be, I just started...!
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Ahhh, my first Nuke!
          Now the fat lady's singin'...

Comment

• Locutus,

A very wise, Solomon like ruling.

Shadow,

I have had the same experience. Plan #1, a quick conquest victory, Plan #2, survival and hang on. Haven't decided on plan 3 yet, but Nukes sound good. I'm ready for a lot of revenge!!

Comment

• Trying for the nukes huh? Just don't let the UN weapons inspectors find out...

Comment

• yo man i need to start

Comment

• I'm having a problem with the system crashing every time an AI force tries to pillage in a city that I previously captured. Any suggestions?

Comment

• mnbryan37,

Yes, it's going to be sweet, sweet revenge...!
                    I was going to race to Eco Rangers, but Nukes will do the job just fine...

I had a problem in the last tournament of AIs pillaging my tiles and ALL my units activating. I realise it's not the same thing, and now that I think about it I can't really recall what I did about it...
                    I think one of the mod makers (thanks by the way) put up a new file to replace an old one in the game.
                    Make sure DEBUGSLIC=No is in userprofile.txt (hope that's right folks... mnbryan37, just check the Cradle readme, it says there), then bring up the dialogue box in the game (hit the apostrophe key) and type in /reloadslic and hit enter. Might work, i'm not guru enough to know much more than that I'm afriad.

Hope it works out!

HuangShang, glad to see you've finally joined us!

Shadow
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    Ahhh, my first Nuke!

Comment

• Originally posted by Locutus
                      The restart issue is a tough one. One the one hand it's not fair to the people who play the game once that some others restart 3 times and thus gain a huge advantage (
                      Yeah, it is a tough one. In these tournament I did my first restart of all tournaments, because Iám 2 turns before the video. Meanwhile I played the first game till thias video. With one little city I can´t maintain my army and can´t defend my city: The end.

I feel my restart as an tribut to craddle. I think, I´am playing not bad. In unmodded games I allways the winner, so that unmodded games are boring. That´s the reason for playing the tournament: Leraning new mods and haveing fun with the mod and the other players.

[SIZE=1] I don't want to have official rules on this (because they can't be enforced) but the an unofficial rule of thumb would be that you don't restart unless you've actually lost the game. Once you've seen that defeat movie, you're allowed to restart. (
                      I agree with this regulation.

Year 1.000 BC
                      Current Research: Tribunal Empire
                      Citys: 15
                      Military Status: At war with purple
                      - The persians sent one big stack of units after the next. I produce in 5 citys unit after unit to compense my losses in this war. I have never seen an persian city, they must be in the east. I pray for the day, when I can start my offence!!!

Problems: Half the production goes into the army. Sometimes barbarians destroy my farms and mines. Over all: Slow progress and fun with this mod!

So long

Jesper Portus
                      Ludo ergo sum!

Comment

• Shadow,

Thanks for the input. That's about the extent of my knowledge too. I had tried that, and also re-installed the Cradle software, but I'm still stuck.

Good luck, Nuke a few Greeks for me too!!!

Comment

• I don't think I'm going to make it folks...

I've stopped making armies 'cos I haven't even discovered gunpowder yet and they attacking me with Artillery and Machinegunners... so I'm going for mostly buildings to leverage any commerce or research I can.

Paying out huge for diplomacy and stealing tech. I'm about 40+ techs behind the AI and increasing...

Still finding new places to settle though... LOL
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          Ahhh, my first Nuke!

Comment

• One thing to the "restart-discussion":

If you restart, you have less more time to play this tournament. Normally you have than to play faster and therefore to play less more effective. For that restart is although an disadvantage!
                            (I mean "normal" restarts caused by the strong AI, not restarts to spy the world and use this informations.)

I don´t know, if I can finish this tournament with my normal speed in time. Therefore I´am playing fast without a good strategy. Just building armys and survive...

STATUS: The AI survived CHRISTIANNITY, arrghhhh! My temple of Salomon is no longer a wonder!

So long
                            Jesper Portus
                            Ludo ergo sum!

Comment

• argl..can't finish the game..i capture the last town..i see the end-movie..and then, the game crashes..thats really bad...i can't see the end-score...hmm..can anyone help with this problem?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dread_Doomfist
                                argl..can't finish the game..i capture the last town..i see the end-movie..and then, the game crashes..thats really bad...i can't see the end-score...hmm..can anyone help with this problem?
                                Try pressing 'Esc' when the end movie starts to skip it. If not post your save at that point and someone can try and finish it for you im sure.
                                Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                                CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                                One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Working...
                                X