4th Apolyton CtP2 SP Tournament: 3 September - 3 November 2002

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shadow
    Loc, what's the final date for submissions?
    For now I think I'll give everyone 1 week extra, so until October 10, to send in savegames. Depending on how things develop I might extend or maybe even shorten that (but shortening it is not likely).
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

• Originally posted by Locutus

For now I think I'll give everyone 1 week extra, so until October 10, to send in savegames. Depending on how things develop I might extend or maybe even shorten that (but shortening it is not likely).
      Phew, I am glad to hear that! I am only at about 1100 AD and I have a long way to go for the science win. This MP tournament took more of my CtP2 time than I thought. But I’ll squeeze in as much as I can for this SP tourney for the good of Apolyton!
      Last edited by ETB; September 23, 2002, 22:04.

Comment

• Originally posted by Locutus

Puh! Thanks.
        I´am at 1.000 BC, 27 citys an a big war with the persians. Maybe 100 units destroyed on each site!

So long
        J.P.
        Ludo ergo sum!

Comment

• Well, I'm going to start this SP tourney. Let's see how I go.

Comment

• i should be starting tomorrow

i hope to finish fast

Comment

• Okay folks, you are starting to scare me, so lets start seeing some more games rolling in!!!
              So far there are only two submissions, it would be a real shame if we had a repeat of the 2nd tournament, where there were only four, or God forbid if there are even fewer

Comment

• Be patient. Its a long hard game is Cradle! ... well for some of us. Ill be submitting, hopefully soon.
                Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maquiladora
                  Be patient. Its a long hard game is Cradle! ... well for some of us. Ill be submitting, hopefully soon.
                  Very hard! But very good!
                  I hope to submit in time.
                  I try my best!

So long
                  JP
                  Ludo ergo sum!

Comment

• I've got my game going again. I think Martin was right, that there is some problem in the Diplomod program, especially when you do a lot of Bloodbath's of captured cities. I went back about 50 turns, where I had started doing a number of Bloodbath's, and changed to Starving and Dispanding instead and I was able to play through the place that I started having the program crashes. So far so good. I may finish yet.

Comment

• Why aren't you selecting the "relocate" or "enslave" options upon city capture?

Comment

• I'm researching printing press... another civ is building the Internet and GlobeSat!!!

I'm still taking empty cities with my horseys, but I'm dodging the likes of paratroopers now.

Somehow I'm slowly bringing them down with my stealthy tactics though...

Hopefully I'll finish in time.
                        3am...! Can't be, I just started...!
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        Ahhh, my first Nuke!
                        Now the fat lady's singin'...

Comment

• Got to keep the total number of cities down, plus I very seldom use slaves, after all, I am a northern, not a southern plantation owner.

Comment

• Looks like I may have to pull out folks...
                            I can't finish within the allotted time. I'll submit an 'incomplete' if it's allowed, I guess everyone could take a look and see if they can finish it on top.

Shadow
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            Ahhh, my first Nuke!

Comment

• I may not finish either. It is a very long game. I have more than enough playing time in to have finished any other game, but am only at 500AD. A win is possible, but the tatics are weird. Instead of normal or historical tactics, one must take advantage of the existing AI weaknesses, as it is impossible to beat them by raw force. I have eliminated 2 AI's and have a third on the ropes. To accomplish this I had to lure troops out of their cities, rush in and destroy the city and then run like hell. This, to me , is not the way the game should be played. I am fighting with Legions, Catapolts, and even still some Archers. The next two AI's I need to take on have Infantry and Knights (which is crazy, gunpowder didn't exist in 500 AD), but the final AI (Pink) has Bombers, Fighters, Machine Gunners, and Artillary already!!. Pink has a stack of these approaching one of my main cities. I have no choice but to give up the city, as it would take at least 50 troops to try to defend it.

Comment

• My thoughts exactly mnbryan37. It's been an interesting game, but the interest is wearing thin... I just don't have it in me to put lots of hours into it when I'm playing with these kinds of conditions.

Can't wait for tournament No. 5 though!
                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                Ahhh, my first Nuke!

Comment

Working...
                                X