CTP2 Files in the Apolyton Directory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTP2 Files in the Apolyton Directory

The import of the CtP2 files to the Apolyton Directory is complete.

We ask you to check the entries for errors. It would greatly help us.
    Thanks!
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Hooray!

Thanks Markos and Gramphos
    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Great timing, I was just about to start finishing this myself

NOW I can really start (persuading people to) add files to it (you know, all the stuff that was released in the past year or so...)
      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Re: CTP2 Files in the Apolyton Directory

Originally posted by MarkG
        We ask you to check the entries for errors. It would greatly help us.
        Thanks!
        OK, fortunatly the old file database is still online.

Let's start.

CTP2 DataBase: Maps: Text

Text Maps of uploads from Jan 16-19 2001 by Various Artists

In the dir:

Text Maps of uploads by OmniGod

I think this is acceptable as most of the maps in this pack are by OmniGod and probably he made this map pack.

CTP2 DataBase: Maps: Packs

28 Civ World Map is made by Palpatine not by root. I guess you used everywhere root where it should be unknown. So in this case it is Palpatine this user name is registered in the forum.

CTP2 DataBase: Maps: Binary

We have three maps entitled Map of the World in the Database.

The one with over 1700 downloads and with the file size 61kb is made by Palpatine and not by hexagonian.

The one with over 4000 downloads and with the file size 24kb is made by OmniGod and not by root.

The third one is exported correctly.

And again we have two maps of North America:

The one with 279 hits and a file size of 26kb is not made by hexagonian but by MrFun.

The larger map of North America with 648 hits is made by OmniGod and not by MrFun.

The CTP2 DataBase Official Section:

The CTP2 isn't created by root but by Activision as we all (should) know. I just wonder why we need an Official section if it just contains the patch. Maybe you should put the patch into the Miscellaneous category or rename it to patch.

The CTP2 DataBase Miscellaneous Section:

Most of the stuff here should be made by hexagonian, but this is only true for the newer wallpapers so all the wallpapers added in 2001 are made by Activion this is also true for the tech tree poster. Only the wallpapers added this year are made by hexagonian.

The CTP2 Modification Graphics Category:

Alternate Building Images are made By harlan, too and not by hexagonian.

The CTP2 Modification Units Category:

AeroSpace Cruiser is made by Geo and not by root. I guess this will be nevertheless a case for the nocontact emal link.

Satellite Unit is created by Steve. I guess this is a little bit too common to find the real creator.

Zulu Units is created by Electronic Boutique I guess again a nocontact case.

CTP2 Scenario Category:

It looks that Immortal Wombat has submitted a new version of his One City Challenge, so far it looks that it is an updated version, so that the old version can be removed. Let's wait for Ben's opinion about it.

Peleponnesian War is definatly not created by root it was in the temporary database, unfortunatly the tempory database is no longer online.

World War II Scenario is not created by but created by Activision.

OK the last one the mods:

AI Frenzy mod, Alternate Science Mod and Amazon Mod are created by BlueO (short for BlueOrange).

Concerning the Citysprawl Mod the import worked but actual this is not a working mod just a ressource for modmakers and should go into a the Modification category. Unfortunatly the according subcategory is missing: Slic and Text Files. Unfortunatly the suggest category button takes me to an error message, therefore I have to suggest this category here this would also be the proper place for my slic files, there are already part of the big mods, and most players have these mods, so call them mods is in my opinion a little bit too much also they can be considered as mods.

Fix Mod is created by Klaus Kaan this is right his Apolyton forum user name is kaan.

Leader Randomizer is created by Alexey Kravetski and not by PinkFriend. Actual I couldn't verify that Alexey Kravetski is PinkFriend. Even if it might be possible.

Public Works Mod is created by MrOrge actual also a ressource for modmakers, because this file was meant to show people how to make the AI use of user defined strategies. I was shure there to find this user finally I found a Mr Ogre as registered forum user.

So finally MedPack II (alpha) I think this link should rather point to Wes' homepage then to an obsolete version of his mod.

-Martin
        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

great work Martin!
          Locutus?
          Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Re: Re: CTP2 Files in the Apolyton Directory

dp (well, sorta)

Comment

CTP2 Scenario Category:

It looks that Immortal Wombat has submitted a new version of his One City Challenge, so far it looks that it is an updated version, so that the old version can be removed. Let's wait for Ben's opinion about it.
              I re-submitted the file to the directory, but it is the same as the old one. Only one is needed
              "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, Martin, makes my job a lot easier

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
                28 Civ World Map is made by Palpatine not by root. I guess you used everywhere root where it should be unknown. So in this case it is Palpatine this user name is registered in the forum.
                Is it the same Palpatine though? I thought it wasn't but I'm not 100% sure, and since Gramphos's script didn't link the two I decided to leave it (or not, I think it originally even had hexagonian as author)

We have three maps entitled Map of the World in the Database.
                Will check this out and correct as needed.

And again we have two maps of North America:
                Hmmm. Instead of edited, the file was duplicated And it still does't have the correct author

The CTP2 isn't created by root but by Activision as we all (should) know.
                The database is setup such that you can't have non-forum members as owners. So wherever you read 'root' you should read 'not a forum member'. Hopefully Markos will be able to do something about this in the future but I've complained about it several times already and it didn't help so fat chance But for all 'root' files the true owner will be (or already is) mentioned in the description field.

I just wonder why we need an Official section if it just contains the patch.
                It's tradition

Most of the stuff here should be made by hexagonian, but this is only true for the newer wallpapers so all the wallpapers added in 2001 are made by Activion this is also true for the tech tree poster. Only the wallpapers added this year are made by hexagonian.
                Aw, crap. I thought the hexagonian issue was fixed. About 80% of all files was on hex's name a few weeks ago. Quite a busy beaver

Zulu Units is created by Electronic Boutique I guess again a nocontact case.
                Yup, this one and all the others you mentioned.

Yes, I noticed this. I wanted to contact IW about it but then my ISP failed me

Peleponnesian War is definatly not created by root it was in the temporary database, unfortunatly the tempory database is no longer online.
                No, it was created by ASIER who sent it to IW (who forwarded it to me) by email. No ASIER or similar is registered on the forums (no surprise, the guy seemed to know less English words than I know Italian - and my Italian vocabulary is mostly based on visits to the local pizzeria ), so 'root' was once again the only choice. Well, actually, I could have put my own name down as I made the translation to English and packaged the whole thing for release, but that would be like crediting Infogrames for creating Civ3...

Concerning the Citysprawl Mod the import worked but actual this is not a working mod just a ressource for modmakers and should go into a the Modification category.
                Good point, I will change this.

Unfortunatly the according subcategory is missing: Slic and Text Files. Unfortunatly the suggest category button takes me to an error message, therefore I have to suggest this category here this would also be the proper place for my slic files, there are already part of the big mods, and most players have these mods, so call them mods is in my opinion a little bit too much also they can be considered as mods.
                Very well, I can agree to this. My original plan was to create a seperate database tool for all SLIC files and have some specialized search functions and stuff for it, but it will be a while before I get around to making that, it would be more useful for modmakers than for regular players and it would go against the philosophy of the file directory (namely to have all files in one place), so I think I'll create a category like that and let you and others add more or less complete SLIC features to it (something like Militia Units would be too mod-specific and require too much effort on behalf of the user to get it working, but the victory options thing or whatever could well be added here).

Fix Mod is created by Klaus Kaan this is right his Apolyton forum user name is kaan.
                Hmm, I thought this would have been fixed Oh well, it will be now...

Leader Randomizer is created by Alexey Kravetski and not by PinkFriend. Actual I couldn't verify that Alexey Kravetski is PinkFriend. Even if it might be possible.
                Yeah, I didn't know for sure either. Since Gramphos's script linked the two I figured I'd leave it at that until anyone can confirm or deny whether or not this is accurate.

Public Works Mod is created by MrOrge actual also a ressource for modmakers, because this file was meant to show people how to make the AI use of user defined strategies. I was shure there to find this user finally I found a Mr Ogre as registered forum user.
                Hmm, this should have been fixed already as well (how could we forget about *THE* Mr Orge ), I think. But it *is* a mod as (1) it was originally a mod and only later used as example for modding and (2) it can be used and many people did use it as a regular mod (now it's already in most major mods so it's not needed, but before those mods were around...).

So finally MedPack II (alpha) I think this link should rather point to Wes' homepage then to an obsolete version of his mod.
                Yes, this will be changed, but I we're still figuring out how. Markos doesn't want a link to Wes's homepage (unnecessary extra navigation) but I'm not sure if a mirror of Wes's own file is ideal either...

Once again thanks for your feedback I haven't changed anything yet but I will after the football
                Let me know if you find anything else

Edit: this crosspost with Markos work out quite nicely

Comment

Dammit, why won't the stupid thing let me edit my posts

Anyway, thanks Ben, I'll fix it...

Comment

weird double post there, with me in the middle. If you're still editing...
                    how could we forget about *THE* Mr Orge
                    Orge

Comment

The original Apolyton Pack (it's only v1.01 not v1.02 anyways) can be deleted. I submitted an edit for it, but it's probably better just to delete the whole old entry.

Comment

Markos, have the CtP2 links been checked through? There's at least 2 dead links (the AOL one and the CtP2 Temple), none of the links have been updated for ages (including mine ), with the sole exception of Apolyton.

My site has moved, to http://www.weaver1.btinternet.co.uk
                        and perhaps the Depot should be added?

Also, Dale's site, Hex's site and Martin's site are all missing.

Comment

Okay, I'm pretty much done now. Here's what I did:

- 1st World Map > owner changed to OmniGod.

- 2nd World Map > owner changed to 'root'. After some research I found that The forum user Palpatine is indeed the same as the map creator but unfortunately Palpatine has to update his profile before I can set him as creator of the file. Maybe Markos can help out (but probably not as originally the owner of the PW mod was set to hexagonian and it was Markos who changed it to root rather than MrOgre - another person who hasn't updated his profile in a while), but until then the creator will be 'root'.

- 3rd World Map didn't require change.

- Thaddeus Alexander's maps had creator changed from root to ThaddeusAlexander; line in description field removed

- Patch author set to blank (alternative for 'root', I like this better, especially when combined with the '[xxx] created this file' line for non-Activision files).

- all Wallpapers and other Activision stuff in the Misc section changed to blank.

- Alternate Buildings author set to harlan.

- CtP1 Minesweeper creator changed from blank to IW, line in description that credited both Activision and IW removed (from the rest of the text it should be clear that Activision made the actual sprite and IW just the conversion to CtP2)

- AeroSpace Cruiser and Satellite owners changed to blank, lines about creators added in the description field

- Mention (including link to www.ebgames.com) of EB added to Zulu Warriors, owner changed to blank

- WWII scenario owner changed from root to blank

- Peleponnessian War scenario owner changed from root to blank, line added that it was created by ASIER & Locutus (with my email address)

- merged the two OCC scenarios

- BlueOrange removed from description field, added to owner field for Frenzy, Alternate Science, Amazon mods

- MrOgre () didn't updated his profile recently so can't be added by me right now, so the owner of that file will stay at root for now

- owner of Fix Mod changed to kaan. Reference in description removed

- MedMod alpha version removed, a new version will be added later

- new category 'Text and SLIC' created under 'Modification' and CitySprawl moved; I expect many submissions for this category in the next few weeks

Martin,
                          I didn't have any problems suggesting a category, what message exactly do you get?

Dale,
                          I checked: the original Apolyton Pack had already been made invisible. Hmmm, how did you know it was there, Dale? Can I borrow your lasereye vision some time, superman?

IW,
                          The most comprehensive up-to-date list of CtP2 links in existance is probably the links section of the Depot. I'll see if this can be copied to the Apolyton Dir somehow in the near future (if you don't visit that part of the Depot often, I bet there is at least one link there you have never seen before - and I still add new ones from time to time).

Markos,
                          If you're reading this, is there any way to replace 'root' with 'Mr Ogre' and 'Palpatine' for the PW mod and Palpatine's maps respectively? AFAIK they are currently the only users in the CtP2 file section who have a valid forum account but just didn't update it recently. Maybe you could update their profiles for them?

Comment

Locutus:

I submitted an edit for the original AP (changed description to THIS FILE HAS BEEN SUPERSEEDED blah blah blah, and deleted the file links), so I'd say it goes invisible if there's no file links, or one of the Mods just invisibled it when they went through the submissions.

I dunno, maybe Markos can fill you in on the details.

Comment

Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                              X