Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: If there is no SLIC-equivalent, I will be very annoyed

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
    If civ3 bases its gamefiles on Civ2 rather than CtP, no moddable wonders/buildings, 2D units, crappy map graphics, none of the cool features that make CtP great: I will strongly consider not buying the game. (I'll still copy the disc from a friend or hack it or something... what do you take me for?)
    You just summarized all of my ideas about civ3 wich all of my arguments were based on. Except for the unbalanced combat and the unit mod making limits (if it can be modded) since even the official units have the same characteristics ( Babilonian Bowman and Egyptian Chariot).

Splangy, i cant find the pages you gave me to see the new terrain graphics. Could you attach one or set as a link or show me a way to find it?
    "Kill a man and you are a murder.
    Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
    Kill all and you are a God!"
    -Jean Rostand

Comment

• As everyone has noted the key to whether Civ 3 will be any good is how good the AI is. In order to reinforce the concept of how hard it is to create a decent AI just think of this example. Look how long it has taken for some of the best computer programmers to get a supercomputer to beat a grand champion in chess. Even now, there is a good chance that human player will beat the supercomputer's AI. So if they can't do it with years and a supercomputer what are the odds that game designers will pull off an extremely hard to beat AI that does so without cheating.
      “The American people have now spoken, but it’s going to take a little while to determine exactly what
      they said.” — President Clinton

Comment

Working...
      X