X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CRADLE 1.33 (Final update)

Download CRADLE 1.33 from here!!!!

Well, it has been a wonderful ride...

This will be my last supported update for Cradle (for some time, at least - I will not close the door, but I am moving on to other things). So if players have any suggestions regarding adjusting the elements of the game, you will have to do them on your setup.

However, if there are issues with the 3 new SLICS in Cradle that create unforseen MAJOR (emphasis on major) bugs, I will post the files.

Please note: The new SLIC files offer a variety of effects that will affect gameplay. I realize that there may be certain SLIC files that players may not like. To disable a SLIC file, go into the following files.

Cradle 1.33, Ultra Gigantic, Global Empire, SETI Project - CRAG_script.slc
    Birth of an Empire- CRARR_script.slc

At the bottom of the file, there is a list of the SLIC files. Locate the SLIC file that you want to disable and type
    //
    in front of the entry.

In addition, if you want to disable the Visible Wonders or the City Expansion SLICs, you will need to replace the 1.33 (CRA...)_tileimp.txt and the (CRA...)_gl_str.txt files with the ones that are found in Update 1.32.

With the addition of new blood in the Modding community, there probably will be the creation of many new SLICs, and there may be a call to add those SLICs to Cradle. I am not going to leave the forums, but I may ask for Cradle-compatible files if I see something interesting.

If you are a SLICcer, and you have something that you feel would be a great addition to Cradle, feel free to adapt it to Cradle. I will be more than glad to add it to my website as a separate add-on, but I will not be playtesting the files myself. It will be that SLIC creator's responsibility to make sure that the files are stable and are totally adapted to Cradle 1.33.

1.33 README
    Unzip 1.33 Update into the Activision\Call To Power 2 folder.

Below are the update details. The .txt file updates are VERY minor - most of the additions are related to the new SLICS and the inclusion of Leonardo's Graphics.

SMALL FIXES
    1. Great Library fixes regarding Ocean Faring and Spies/Revolutionaries.
    2. Dromons no longer have transport ability.
    3. Enable Advance for Longship is Ocean Faring instead of Hull Making.
    4. Advanced Farms produce 20 Food on Plains instead of 15 Food.
    5. Increased Research Cost for Republic and Caliphate governments.
    6. Message fix for Bloodbath.
    7. Fixes to the following SLICS - BetterAI, Air Units, Commerce Improvements, SoundFix, GoodMod.

NEW ADDITIONS
    8. Added Leonardo's Graphics Mod.
    9. Added Immortal Wombat's Visible Wonder Mod.
    10. Added Martin's MessageIcon Mod.
    11. Added Pedrunn's City Expansion Mod.

Many thanks to everyone who made this Mod possible, especially the talented SLICers. I hope you have enjoyed this Mod - I feel that Cradle is one of the best Mods for any civ-style game currently available.

Currently, I am working on a CTP2 Lord of the Rings Scenario, (based on Cradle files). However, I have not heard anything from any of the playtesters on this Scenario. If anyone wants to test the files, email or PM me. I have no idea if I made it too easy or too hard though, so realize that this is a work in process.

If there is little demand for this setup, I will table it.

Finally...The main reason why I am closing the door on Cradle is that I have played almost no CTP2 over the past 6 months (other than Succession) - and my kids have been using the computer more and more now, so I do not have much playing time. The time I do have has been playing 'Posiden' - and 'Emperor' has just been released (this game is better than 'Pharaoh', my all-time favorite game, so I know I will be playing this exclusively for some time).

But I am not leaving...I'm assimilated into the collective.

Dave Sobotka
    aka hexagonian
    Last edited by hexagonian; September 18, 2002, 13:28.
    Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
    ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

DP
    "Kill a man and you are a murder.
    Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
    Kill all and you are a God!"
    -Jean Rostand

Comment

In addition, if you want to disable the Visible Wonders or the City Expansion SLICs, you will need to replace the 1.33 (CRA...)_tileimp.txt and the (CRA...)_gl_str.txt files with the ones that are found in Update 1.32.
      Actually there is no need for this. The data for the wonders TI sand and Cities TIs in the *_tileimp.txt can remain there that it wont cause any problem even if you dont have the Apolyton Tile Pack installed. Same thing with the *_gl_str.txt.
      So just disabling the codes will be need to remove the feature.
      Said to hear this will be the last update in a while
      But great work with it. It looks already perfect.
      -Jean Rostand

Comment

Started playing last night. However at turn 35 it crashed to desktop. Re ran it several times from a saved game 2 turns before and auto save and it did it again every time, when I ended the turn. Will start a new game tonight to see if the same thing happens. Will keep the saved game if it continues and sent it to you to see if U can work out why.

Thanks for the work. I bought Medieval Total War last week, 4 days later I'm back to playing Cradle. Wonderful game. )

Comment

Looks like message from the debugslic wich pop up messages to about slic errors. Yet most of these errors dont really affect the effect code. And if it is in a mod like craddle for sure it doesnt affect it.
          This is feature is for modders and not players. So open the file

Call to Power II\ctp2_program\ctp\userprofile.txt

in the line 73 (more close to the bottom) you will find the line
          Code:
          DebugSlic=Yes
          write No instead of Yes. This will make the crashs go away.
          -Jean Rostand

Comment

Hex,
            Sad to hear this may be the last Craddle. It really was the Mod that revived CTP2 for me.I'll download it as soon as i can. Good luck with Lotr, i'll certainly give that a bash when it's done.
            'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Actual I wouldn't include the *.til files in the download. Actual I don't want that my purple hill tile file is overwritten or later if the Apolyton Tile file contains the purple hills and I have this updated version it would overwrite the newer file. Another issure is including both files the gtset555.til file is actual not used by the game therefore there is no need to include this it just wasted room in the *.zip file.

-Martin
              Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Debug Slic was already at No.

I tried going to editor and reloading slic and it worked. I completed that turn and played another 40 turns last night. Temple of Solomon and Pyramids look really cool. I have 5 cities now with suburbs

Comment

unfortunately it seems there is no bonus gold/food/production from the goods.
                  can't find the reason why, but it seems those bonusses just get ignored. any idea hex or martin?

besides that i really love it!

Comment

i have to install it after i beat the tourny huh?

Comment

another problem is the unit updater, its ignoring militia units, only upgrading regular ones

Comment

Originally posted by Zaphod Beeblebrox
                        another problem is the unit updater, its ignoring militia units, only upgrading regular ones
                        It should be upgrading - here is the coding that is present

enadv[26]=AdvanceDB(ADVANCE_BRONZE_WORKING);
                        OLD_UNIT_TYPE[26]=UnitDB(UNIT_SPEARMAN_MILITIA);
                        NEW_UNIT_TYPE[26]=UnitDB(UNIT_HOPLITE_MILITIA);
                        PER_UNIT_UPDATE_COST[26]=280;

enadv[27]=AdvanceDB(ADVANCE_IRON_WORKING);
                        OLD_UNIT_TYPE[27]=UnitDB(UNIT_HOPLITE_MILITIA);
                        NEW_UNIT_TYPE[27]=UnitDB(UNIT_LEGION_MILITIA);
                        PER_UNIT_UPDATE_COST[27]=525;

enadv[28]=AdvanceDB(ADVANCE_DARK_AGES);
                        OLD_UNIT_TYPE[28]=UnitDB(UNIT_LEGION_MILITIA);
                        NEW_UNIT_TYPE[28]=UnitDB(UNIT_MAN_AT_ARMS_MILITIA);
                        PER_UNIT_UPDATE_COST[28]=930;

enadv[29]=AdvanceDB(ADVANCE_RAILROAD);
                        OLD_UNIT_TYPE[29]=UnitDB(UNIT_MAN_AT_ARMS_MILITIA);
                        NEW_UNIT_TYPE[29]=UnitDB(UNIT_INFANTRYMAN_MILITIA);
                        PER_UNIT_UPDATE_COST[29]=1650;

enadv[30]=AdvanceDB(ADVANCE_MASS_PRODUCTION);
                        OLD_UNIT_TYPE[30]=UnitDB(UNIT_INFANTRYMAN_MILITIA);
                        NEW_UNIT_TYPE[30]=UnitDB(UNIT_MACHINE_GUNNER_MILITIA);
                        PER_UNIT_UPDATE_COST[30]=2100;

enadv[36]=AdvanceDB(ADVANCE_CHAOS_THEORY);
                        OLD_UNIT_TYPE[36]=UnitDB(UNIT_MACHINE_GUNNER_MILITIA);
                        NEW_UNIT_TYPE[36]=UnitDB(UNIT_HOVER_INFANTRY_MILITIA);
                        PER_UNIT_UPDATE_COST[36]=5000;

Did you miss a sequence - if so then your units will not upgrade to the next level. It means that you have to plan ahead.

BTW, you can have multiple upgrade opportunities for a unit by doing this on your setup.

If your unit upgrdes at Bronze Working, it will have an entry like this

Add an additional entry and change the enable advance

enadv[26]=AdvanceDB(ADVANCE_BARRACKS);

You will also have to change the number in the brackets

enadv[26]
                        OLD_UNIT_TYPE[26]
                        NEW_UNIT_TYPE[26]
                        PER_UNIT_UPDATE_COST[26]

to however many entries that the Updater has

i have to install it after i beat the tourny huh?
                        Yes, all the files will be overwritten

unfortunately it seems there is no bonus gold/food/production from the goods.
                        can't find the reason why, but it seems those bonusses just get ignored. any idea hex or martin?
                        Martin will have to look into this - the GoodMod.slc file has been updated.
                        Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner

Comment

well it doesn't work, i guess the problem is that after checking

enadv[0]=AdvanceDB(ADVANCE_BRONZE_WORKING);
                          OLD_UNIT_TYPE[0]=UnitDB(UNIT_SPEARMAN);
                          NEW_UNIT_TYPE[0]=UnitDB(UNIT_HOPLITE);
                          PER_UNIT_UPDATE_COST[0]=280;

it just stops looking through the later lines so never reaching the

Comment

Originally posted by hexagonian
                            Martin will have to look into this - the GoodMod.slc file has been updated.
                            I used the CRA_goods.slc from the to 1.33 update in order to replace the version from Cradle 1.31. So I started a new game with the rest of the 1.31 files I was able to found the city of Hexapul it had a wonderful Buffulo in its radius. And as I moved the cursor over it I read in the status bar Imp. Landgood Class 4, so the good had the tile improvements on it that gives the actual effect.

Another thing I found Dave is that you didn't included my changes of the *tileimp.txt I made in your *tileimps.txt's so the AI can't terraform.

-Martin
                            Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
                              Another thing I found Dave is that you didn't included my changes of the *tileimp.txt I made in your *tileimps.txt's so the AI can't terraform.
                              My fault...

I know I had done it - but in checking the files, the changes aren't there. I have a set of files at work and at home and have been bouncing files back and forth, so I must have picked up the wrong fileset - easy to happen because the two other SLIC additions to the update have changes to those files too.

Here's the updated files, and the main download has been fixed too.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X