Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SMIFFGIG
    Martin you know your stuff
    Yeah fortunatly I have a German version of CTP2, so I saw this error as I installed Cradle 1.32. It helped me to copy all the the files in the English folder to my German folder, unfortunatly this problem must be caused by a missing text file. Maybe I have now the found the files that needs to be updated. Note these files are from Cradle v.1.32 so I don't know if Dave modified them in the meantime, but of course you can try they go into your ..\ctp2_data\english\gamedata\ folder just unzip the attachment there.

-Martin
    Attached Files
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Pedrunn i just downloaded ur Advance from city capture and it says its 50% chance at the top of the SLIC file, have u just forgot to change it or something ???
      It is 25% I just forgot to change that explanation.

At the end of the file you will see the line Random(4) wich means you have one chance out of four of getting the advance. Thats what really matter.
      Note: You can play with the number between () to have the chance you want
      "Kill a man and you are a murder.
      Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
      Kill all and you are a God!"
      -Jean Rostand

Comment

Random(4)
        Ummm....... you do know that means "a random number between 0 and 4", a 5 number roll? If you want 25%, use Random(3).

Comment

Ooops

So I guess the change of my code is 20% and not 25%

**Pedrunn's dig his head in the ground**
          "Kill a man and you are a murder.
          Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
          Kill all and you are a God!"
          -Jean Rostand

Comment

Ok am i the only one trying to play the new version of cradle or something. or am I just the one reporting the errors for every single other cradle player out there ??????

Anyway Martin I installed those strings but now get different error messages

Paths Error
            CRA_messageicon.txt not found in asset tree

CRA_messageicon.txt line 56: Error
            Could not open CRA_messageicon.txt

CRA_messageicon.txt line 56: Error
            Missing number of filenames

Bold being the title of the message box
            Oxygen should be considered a drug
            Tiberian Sun Retro
            My Mod for Tiberian Sun Webmaster of
            http://www.tiberiumsun.com

Comment

The times I dread are always right after the files are posted...

I did test to see if the all options of the game launched with the 1.33a files before posting the zip.

If there are any other players out there who are having the same problems as SMIFFGIG, let me know so I can figure out what is going on.

For first time players, you will need to have all the files under the 1.3 section to put Cradle on your system. Plus you will need the Activision patch and Modswapper.

Here is the list of Cradle files you need

- You will need Cradle 1.3, (zip filename cradle_allfiles04_08.ZIP) as this contains the bulk of the graphics.
              - You also will need Cradle 1.33 (zip filename 133_update_09_17.ZIP) Think of this as a Cradle patch - it is about 6MB in size. It includes all the text files so you will not need any of the earlier versions (1.31 or 1.32).
              -If you downloaded 133_update_09_17.ZIP before September 25, you will also need 1.33a (filename 133a.ZIP). This is a small file, but it included the files that will put Cradle on the Modswapper lists. This file addresses some minor problems with the city expansion code introduced in 1.33. This file will not work without the file (133_update_09_17.ZIP)

If you are downloading now, you will not need this file (filename 133a.ZIP) because the 1.33 main download has been fixed to include these files. Make sure you have unzipped in the correct directories, though if you are seeing the option in Modswapper, you probably are doing so

Finally, if you have done all this correctly, what playing option in Cradle are you attempting to use? (1.33a, 1.33a w/o City Xpansion, 1.33a Ultra-Gigantic, and so forth...) Try and launch another one of the options, so I can localize which option is causing the problem.

Post here with results - worst case, I will do a complete reinstall of CTP2 on my system and see if I have the same problem. But I do not want to have to do that if I don't have to.
              Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
              ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

SMIFFGIG it looks you don't have the latest update installed, you need the 133_update_09_17.ZIP file, as Dave said. This file contains the CRA_messageicon.txt.

-Martin
                Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Cheers guys it working fine now (well havent started a game but i get to the civ screen) at last i CAN start a game, and Hexagonia i will get back to you on what I think, as this is the first time I have played the mod

Umm any suggestions on what game mode to play, i want to play into the future (sea cities, nukes etc)

Have you re-implemented any ctp1 future units War Walker or plasmatica for example

anyway i think ill read doc on the different game types and start a game
                  Tiberian Sun Retro

Comment

Played my first game on ultra gigantic, medium and highest level barbs (maurauders or something) and those damn barbarians slaghtered me and the civ next to me, so i think ill start again on easier level of barbs.

If there was culture like civ3 I would have lost my other city too, from the civs city right next to mine, its boarders where almost right around mine
                    I hardly got to try the mod properly really, b4 i died but i got a little expansion outside my capitol b4 the barbs trashed it by taking my capitol
                    Tiberian Sun Retro

Comment

Thanks SMIFFGIG, now I don't have to do the reinstall...

I do want some feedback on this version - a slight concern is that there was a suggested change by Martin in CRA_Goals.txt regarding Sieges. I made the change, but this may end up making the barbarians too powerful...This change is only part of 1.33/1.33a, and I may have to further adjust settings in CRA_strategies.txt to offset the effect.

ALSO - This is a recommended change in userprofile.txt and is noted in the playing options readme file (everyone should read all the readmes...)

Change
                      MaxPlayer=0
                      to
                      MaxPlayer=24

This will allow splinter civs to rise up from barb civs.
                      Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
                      ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Great mod, been playing it (170 or more turns i think) and Im really enjoying it, im on ULTRA GIGANTIC map with second level barbs (which is fine for me, no stacks of 12 etc), 16 civs, medium and MaxPlayers is set to 24 . Its such a good mod BTW along with city expansion at VW mods even cooler. The thing you did on the diplomacy screen with the little picture (as in beta ctp2) is really good and the new diplomod is far better too (in the first game i got slaughtered i moved a guy of mine right next to there capital (on the other side was the barbs that i didnt know about at the time) and my ciy was build like 2 spaces away from theres by accident... anyway they asked for me to leave there lands and offered me agriculture advance to do so) now thats something ive never seen the AI do, 2 turns later the barbarians took there capitol. Then later took my capitol
                        Brings back memories of how good civ2 was for its day

minor bugs

For earthquakes disaster (or all disasters I think) there is a small typo take alook (a bug so small almost insignificant cause sentance is still understandable)

Caravan info says something like CARAVAN_INFO_SUMMARY or something

P.S. Playing on medium and so far I have every wonder, do they make more of an effort on harder modes (they do start building wonders but so far ive always beat them)
                        Tiberian Sun Retro

Comment

Originally posted by Dale
                          Ummm....... you do know that means "a random number between 0 and 4", a 5 number roll? If you want 25%, use Random(3).
                          I thought random(n) was "a random number from 0 to n" - i.e. to make up for the stupid start-counting-at-0 thing, it could be anything from 0 to n-1 inclusive, but not actually n.

Maybe that's a whole load of rubbish though. Makes it fractionally harder to work out the proportions if it is 0 -> n.
                          Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

The documentation says 0 to n, but I thought it was what IW said. Do a random(0) and see what happens (you might get a divide by 0 error if it's up to n-1).

Comment

IIRC, I got what IW said:

Code:
                               INT Random(range)

Return a random number:  0 <= Random(range) < range.

Comment

You guys sure? I remember having a discussion with Locutus about a year ago, trying to get 50% chance by Random(100), and I thought it turned out that if you checked for <50, you got 0-49 & 50-100? A jump of 101. I honestly can't remember the exact details though. Oh well, just have to change my codes then eh?

Comment

Working...
                                X