Wonderful Reality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonderful Reality

Its been a long long road, but I am ready to release the first version of the Visible Wonders Mod.

DOWNLOAD

The way I have set it up is as an add-on to the plain, v1.2 patched CtP2. This is because:
    1. Its easier for me to make and upload.
    2. Its easier for Dave, Wes, Dale(?) et al. to add it to their mods should they so wish, than for me to issue 5 or 6 different versions.

I have provided what I hope is an adequate readme file for installing, using, and integrating the mod with/into any version of the game, and I will of course be very happy to answer any other questions by email or ICQ (#114083698)

I hope the mod lives up to everyone's expectations; there are 40 wonders included in the tile file, though only 8 are used in the default game; the wonders appear on the map the turn after you build them. It is possible, if you build your city on a one or two-tile island, or surrounded by mountains, that you may not get the wonders to appear, and it is advisable to be careful when placing tile improvements the turn after the wonder is built, not to do so in places where the wonder could be being constructed.

Also in the tile file are the 27 graphics for use in the city expansion mod which I hope will be finished before September.
    I included them so that I won't have to make another tile file to upload, but I think I will have to anyway, I have other tile improvement plans...

I request the mod be added to the Directory ASAP (can you do that Locutus, or should I email Markos?), as that has a hit counter, and 250free does not

Lastly, many, many thanks to everyone who posted in that gargantuan thread, especially Leonidas, Pedrunn, Locutus, and hex for those graphics. Much appreciated

But anyway, download, enjoy.

Keep on Civin'

-IW

edit: link (and file) fixed.
    Last edited by Immortal Wombat; July 28, 2002, 13:56.
    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Re: Wonderful Reality

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
    I request the mod be added to the Directory ASAP (can you do that Locutus, or should I email Markos?)
    If you submit the file I can...
    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Wooohooo!!!!

It had been a really long road and it did grew immensily.
      I will start the modifications right now

Thanks and you're welcome
      "Kill a man and you are a murder.
      Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
      Kill all and you are a God!"
      -Jean Rostand

Comment

Oh, oh!
        link problem!
        You don't have permission to access /www_error.php on this server.
        "Kill a man and you are a murder.
        Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
        Kill all and you are a God!"
        -Jean Rostand

Comment

link fixed, form submitted.

(I wasn't expecting a working submission form )
          "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

File added. News item will follow shortly.
            Last edited by Locutus; July 28, 2002, 16:50.

Comment

sweet. Btw, I think I only submitted to the "mod" section. Is that right, or should it be "modification"?

Comment

BTW, I'd hate to nitpick on something like this but I can't help but notice that the temples of Madurai look a bit too blueish. In reality, all Hindu temple (or at least all the ones I've ever seen) look reddish from afar, not blueish...

Other than that, it's a fantastic accomplishment
                (BTW, is it me or does the Adam Smith thingie look like Le Louvre?)

Comment

Crosspost: Well, it's playable, isn't it? In that case it's a mod. Modifications are resources: it requires further modding to be able to use them in the game (although in some cases the line can be thin).

Comment

well, its a mod designed to be used as a modification. Wierd eh?

The Madurai temple, yeah... Colour balancing is hard, the photos weren't brilliant. I'll give it another shot later.

Comment

I understand. I don't have PSP or anything installed at the moment but isn't it possible to just replace the colors or throw a red filter over it or something? If that works you could come up with something reasonably realistic in 5 minutes...

Comment

How red?
                        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

From those choices, the third from the right looks best. The last one's not bad either...

Comment

I missed this!
                              So i can try it on vanilla CTP2 with patch(1.1?) to see what it looks like. Excellent work from everyone.If only i could get to my hard-drive now.

EDIT: God, i hate those dancing smarties all-ready!

Edit(2): Ok i've downloaded it and was looking through the readme. The bit where you say to make a backup of 'gtset656.til' , is that really 'gtset565.til'? As this is the one i guess you mean(the other being 'gtset555.til') - or else my CTP2 is weird! And you mention a 1.2 patch!(1.1 or 1.11) You've been playing too much Civ3 or something, maybe Activision have been busy over the last day or so? Just to let you know to save confusion as more people download it.
                              Last edited by child of Thor; July 29, 2002, 15:09.
                              'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Working...
                              X