Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Super Apolyton Pack! The Fan's Unofficial Patch.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tamerlin
    Hi Lir... and welcome!

Do you have an error message?
    Have you changed the line DebugSlic=Yes to DebugSlic=No?
    Are you using Modswapper 1.13 to launch your game?

I would be glad to help you, if I can, on this issue but I need to know more about it...
    No
    Yes
    Yes

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
      Lir did you tried to load a savegame that you created before you swapped to ApolytonPack? Actual that is not very probably in that case it wouldn't crash, you just couldn't build some units or notice other oddities. So did you swapped back and tried to load the save game with the original game? Well in both cases you have problems and in both cases it is true that savegames saved with ApolytonPack are only compartible with Apolyton and not with any other CTP2 setup.

-Martin
      No, I saved it with Apolyton, I opened it with Apolyton. Then CTP quits and goes back to Windows.

Comment

• I have 1.12-I downloaded it from this site-what is a url for 1.13?

Comment

• The version number that is appearing in the upper part of the ModSwapper window is wrong, as Locutus said it earlier unless you downloaded ModSwapper more than two years ago you have the good version (1.13).

Is your game crashing as soon as you are trying to load it or is it crashing when you are finishing your turn?

You can also post the savegame so that I can test it on my computer?
          "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• Lir,

Is your O. S. Windows XP. If so, I have had the same problem a number of times. In fact I now use my older computer, with Windows ME, and no longer have that problem.

I did find that not every saved game will crash. If you have earlier saved games, go back to one of them and it will probably load OK. (Or try the auto-saved game). I got to the point that I would save 2 or 3 succsesive turns befor I quit.

Comment

• I have XP, but never had any problems...

Though it can be a pain to do, sometimes a complete reinstall of CtP2 (and SAP) helps with these kinds of problems...
              Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

• Locutus,

Weird, I wonder what's different about my software. I can run the basic program with no problem, but as soon as I add SAP I get these random crashes. I have re-loaded SAP at least 6 times with no success. I have played SAP, MedMod, and others with no problems on Windows 98 and ME, but have never got them to work right on XP.

Comment

• Yes I have XP

Comment

• Then try to run CtP2 in Win98 compatibility mode though I don't know how to use this tool with ModSwapper...
                    "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• my saved game that wont run; autosaves dont open either :<
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Lir
                        my saved game that wont run; autosaves dont open either :<
                        I am afraid your file is somehow corrupted Lir, I have tried to open your savegame and the game crashes to Windows while it is being loaded...

Comment

Then try to run CtP2 in Win98 compatibility mode though I don't know how to use this tool with ModSwapper...
                          You can use ModSwapper to apply the mod, then quit and run CTP2 directly.

Comment

• Are you sure John? I thought you could only use the mods if you launched the game through ModSwapper...

Comment

Are you sure John? I thought you could only use the mods if you launched the game through ModSwapper...

Yes, I'm quite sure. I even have the source code to proove it Why else would there be a 'Save & Exit' button?

Comment

• Yes but don't you have to start a game with ModSwapper and then save at least once?

Comment

Working...
                                X