Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Super Apolyton Pack! The Fan's Unofficial Patch.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tamerlin
    Yes but don't you have to start a game with ModSwapper and then save at least once?
    No, if you start Modswapper, select a mod, click Save & Exit, and then run CTP2 independantly, it will run the mod you selected.

Comment

• To make it clear, what you have to do when you want to use a ModSwapper compartible mod: Basically you have to replace three text files, that does ModSwapper for you. So it doesn't matter if you first apply the mod meaning replacing the three text files and then start the game normal or use ModSwapper to start the game in both cases, the same steps are done: Replacing files and starting the game.

-Martin
      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• OK, I didn't knew, thanks for the explanations...
        "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• Well somebody should add to the FAQ that SAP has issues in WinXP.

Comment

• Help!

I installed CTP2, installed the patch, installed Modswapper, installed the Super Pack. Whenever I start a Super Pack game, I only get one settler and am not allowed to build anymore. If I start a regular game (ie, unmodded), I can build settlers like normal.

Any ideas what the heck is going on? I really wanna try the Super Pack!

Thanks.

Comment

• The number of settlers you begin the game with depends on the level of difficulty. I think that you only get one starting with Hard (or very Hard)...

About your issue I don't know if I can be of any help, some problems are rising when the line DebugSlic=Yes in your Userprofile.txt file has not been changed to DebugSlic=No though the problems I have heard about are coming in the later part of the game.

"Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• Tamerlin - he didn't say that he started with only one settler, he said he was unable to build settlers. I have no idea why this might be...

Comment

• I understood he started the game with only one settler, but I don't know why he can't build anything...

Comment

• The download site for the Super Apolyton Pack is not working. Where can I find this mod?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sangria
                      The download site for the Super Apolyton Pack is not working. Where can I find this mod?
                      Better is you use the Apolyton Directory for download:

And don't forget to add GoodMod for Apolyton Pack:

Originally posted by Tamerlin
                      I understood he started the game with only one settler, but I don't know why he can't build anything...
                      I guess he installed Apolyton Pack 2 and downloaded a map for the standart game and tried to use it with Apolyton Pack. So it is no wonder that this does not work, as the map has to be made for the current mod otherwise you see such effects or the game crashs entirely.

-Martin

Comment

• Originally posted by Tamerlin
                        I understood he started the game with only one settler, but I don't know why he can't build anything...
                        Yeah, it really drives me nuts. I've tried this on two different computers and get the same problem each time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
                          I guess he installed Apolyton Pack 2 and downloaded a map for the standart game and tried to use it with Apolyton Pack. So it is no wonder that this does not work, as the map has to be made for the current mod otherwise you see such effects or the game crashs entirely.

-Martin
                          Oh... I was using, as I always do, the regular Earth map included with CTP2; can they not be used with the mod? If so, is there an Earth map that's compatible with the Apolyton Pack somewhere? I really dislike using non-Earth shaped maps.

Thanks!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by smr
                            Oh... I was using, as I always do, the regular Earth map included with CTP2; can they not be used with the mod? If so, is there an Earth map that's compatible with the Apolyton Pack somewhere? I really dislike using non-Earth shaped maps.

Thanks!!!
                            Well you could search in the CTP2 scenarios section of the Apolyton directory for some world maps, you can find a map collection for various mods by ískalin. Only the title of this entry is a little bit odd as it promisses maps for the standart game and once you read the text inside you know that it gives maps for Apolyton Pack.

Well if you think these maps are too big you could try this one in the attachment. The map is Activision's world map converted to Apolyton Pack v.1.02 Ultra Gigantic Map!

With some luck it might work.

To install it just unzip it into your main CTP2 directory. Then go into the ..\scenario\WorldMaps\ folder ther you should find two folders, if you unzipped the attachemnt successfully. There is a file called packlist.txt. Open it with any text editor of your choice and change the number there from 1 to 2. And save the file.

Now you can start a game with Apolyton Pack 2.0. Pick the second world map scenario instead the first world map scenario and start it. Now hope that there are no problems.

-Martin
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin Gühmann

Well you could search in the CTP2 scenarios section of the Apolyton directory for some world maps, you can find a map collection for various mods by ískalin. Only the title of this entry is a little bit odd as it promisses maps for the standart game and once you read the text inside you know that it gives maps for Apolyton Pack.

Well if you think these maps are too big you could try this one in the attachment. The map is Activision's world map converted to Apolyton Pack v.1.02 Ultra Gigantic Map!

With some luck it might work.

To install it just unzip it into your main CTP2 directory. Then go into the ..\scenario\WorldMaps\ folder ther you should find two folders, if you unzipped the attachemnt successfully. There is a file called packlist.txt. Open it with any text editor of your choice and change the number there from 1 to 2. And save the file.

Now you can start a game with Apolyton Pack 2.0. Pick the second world map scenario instead the first world map scenario and start it. Now hope that there are no problems.

-Martin
                              Martin,
                              Thanks much; I will try your map and some from the archives here as well. Hope it works!

--
                              smr

Comment

• re

I play in medium/huge map/11nations. What i see the mod are a absolut fantastik work.
                                For examble I like the Austrian style for the citys looks really realistik.

But one Question....
                                I realize at the beginning in the game enemy nations dident attack my citys also barbarians. I can leave my Citys complet unprotectet. For a small test I build a City closed by a enemy City. The enemy send a 12 stack army but he dident attack he only "dance" around my town.
                                Did teh enemy nation attack later? (i have now 1000 before Christ) Or can I leave my Citys unprotect the hole game?
                                May there is a updatet script for the AI I can download?
                                Greetz!
                                PS:Sorry for my English

Comment

Working...
                                X