Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Super Apolyton Pack! The Fan's Unofficial Patch.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drilling platforms certainly on tundra but only nature preserves on swamps and perhaps even increase the defence bonus to 50% for swamps to make them more useful.
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• Drilling platforms make sence, but that only makes swamps usefull in the later ages.

But take rice. This important grain only grows naturally in swamps, and as a crop only in man-made "swamps".

When, according to the people of Bangladesh, the area today known as Bangladesh was settled is was mainly swamp and was settled for two reasons. First it was firtile land, and secondly it was easy to defend.

Today many areas in Bangladesh yields three crops/year, and the land is able to sustain more than 100 million people. If you fly over Bangladesh, most of the year you'd think it was all flodded, but in reality it's farmed. Farming swamps require different technologies than farming drier land, but it can be extremely efficient seen from a yield/area perspective.

I recognices that many will not agree with me, so how do I make the AI use farms on swamps?
      Visit my CTP-page and get TileEdit and a few other CTP related programs.
      Download and test SpriteEdit development build.

Comment

• how do I make the AI use farms on swamps?
        Open whatever version of tileimp.txt you're using (GM1_tileimp.txt, if you've added GoodMod in). (I know you know that Martin. That's for anyone else who might want to do this.) In the record TILEIMP_FARMS there's a sub-structure TerrainEffect. Change it to:

Code:
        TerrainEffect {
              Terrain TERRAIN_SWAMP
              Terrain TERRAIN_DESERT
              Terrain TERRAIN_GRASSLAND
              Terrain TERRAIN_PLAINS

BonusFood 10
              EnableAdvance ADVANCE_AGRICULTURE
              ProductionCost 200
              ProductionTime 2
              TilesetIndex 5
           }
        If you're using GM1_tileimp.txt, in the main body of TILEIMP_FARMS, you'll have to delete the line 'CantBuildOn TERRAIN_SWAMP'. Then do the same thing for TILEIMP_ADVANCED_FARMS and TILEIMP_HYDROPONIC_FARMS.

As a mater of fact I believe farms on swamps should yeld a little mor than farms on grassland, I would suggest +15 units of food, on swamps compared to the +10 for grassland, this will still leave grasslang better than swamps but not by so much.

Maybe farming swamps should requre som additional technology beside farming.
        If you want to do this, then instead of just adding TERRAIN_SWAMP to the terrain effect sub-structure, you'll have to add a new one to the TILEIMP_FARMS record:

Code:
        TerrainEffect {
              Terrain TERRAIN_SWAMP

BonusFood 15
              EnableAdvance ADVANCE_AGRICULTURE 
              ProductionCost 200
              ProductionTime 2
              TilesetIndex 5
           }
        Here you could change the enabling advance to whatever additional technology you want.

That should do it. The AI does everything by priorities, and food is it's highest priority.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter Triggs
          The AI does everything by priorities, and food is it's highest priority.
          Actual I doubt if you can generalize it. The AI puts in GoodMod for Apolyton pack mines on desert, mountains, hills and plains irrespective of the fact if the surrounding of the city is already filled with mines. Have you there plains then all plains will be covered with mines. I remember in the default game the AI is able to put commerce tile improvements on deserts but I don't know why. So the whole thing is more more complicated but if you only allow food improvements on swamp then it should work.

By the way if you haven't voted for CTP in the Top Games Series poll. Then you cvan vote until the end of this year. And don't forget to vote in the Top Single Game poll (not series), too.

CTP needs you.

-Martin
          Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• I just started using the Super Apolyton Mod and I just love it. But I noticed a problem later into the game. Air units: When i moved them a error pops up saying "C:\Program Files\Activision\Call To Power 2\ctp2_data\gamedata\apol_airunit.slc:112: Array index 0 out of bounds" Then i click ok and the unit moves....but it does this everytime i want to move. Any fixes for it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Manta23
              Any fixes for it?
              Welcome Manta23, have you changed the line DebugSlic=Yes to DebugSlic=No in the userprofile.txt file you will find in the C:\Program Files\Activision\Call To Power 2\ctp2_program\ctp folder? This line must be changed if you want the Super Apolyton Pack 2 to run properly.

If you have already changed this line... well... I guess the others will be able to help you...

And they will...
              Last edited by Tamerlin; December 31, 2002, 12:08.
              "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• No, thats a tipical debugSlic=Yes bug. Just do what Tamerlin said mantra23
                "Kill a man and you are a murder.
                Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
                Kill all and you are a God!"
                -Jean Rostand

Comment

• Pedrunn, did you get my E-mail.
                  Where there's a whip, there's a way.; Tolkien "the Hobbit"

Comment

• Alternativly you could use the GoodMod version of the airunit.slc. I fixed the error out of bounds DebugSlic=Yes error. Just download and unzip the attachment into your ..\ctp2_data\default\gamedata\ folder. And search in that folder for a file called APOL_main.slc. Open this file with any text editor of your choice e.g. notepad. There you find a line like this:

#include "APOL_airunit.slc"

Replace it by:

#include "GM1_airunit.slc"

Finally reload your save game. Once it is reloaded you have to reload slic, to do this just open the chat window by using the apostrophe key (') and enter: /reloadslic

-Martin
                    Attached Files
                    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

• I'm not sure if this is where I should post this question,
                      but it is a multipart query, that addresses several modifications, and their compatibility with the SuperApolyton Pack. And as I know most of the modders
                      try to make their modifications compatible with other modders mods I thought it would be better to address all of these things at once, as opposed to addressing each one separately with their individual creators.
                      So I'll apologize ahead of time, if this is in the wrong thread. So on to the question.
                      iskallin, made a world map for the SuperApolyton Pack,
                      that to my understanding of what I read in its description allows you to play against all the available
                      races, who start out from their historical starting points, and this mod plays as a scenario. Do I undestand that correctly? and if so, has he made one yet that can simply
                      be loaded in a hotseat game (where I can pick the races available, and where they start) also can I play a hotseat game through the SuperApolyton pack? Next,
                      Martin Guhmann created the City Mod 2.1/City Mod English and City Mod 2 Graphics Pack, What is the Difference between City Mod 2.1 and the City Mod 2 Graphics Pack? and is one required to play with the other? Also are they compatible with the SuperApolyton
                      Pack? Next, Immortal Wombat created the Visible Wonders Mod, is it compatible with the SuperApolyton Pack? Also, the same question for his Natural Wonders Mod. Next, Pedrunn modified and expanded upon BlueO's City Expansion, is it compatible with the SuperApolyton Pack? Also, in regards to this, the description says once a tile is destroyed it can never be repaired, or reused much as a polluted tile, Why is this?
                      must it always remain a virtual slum (for lack of a better word)? can it not be repaired and reused later after acheiving the neccessary advances that you need to clean up polluted tiles? Next, Martin Guhmann created the Commerce Improvements for AI's, is it compatible with the SuperApolyton Pack? Next, to my understanding
                      almost all of these that I have mentioned require the
                      Apolyton Tile File by Pedrunn, do I also need Martin the
                      Dane's Tile Edit utility?
                      Well I think that about sums it up, and I hope this is understandable. I guess in a nutshell, I would like to have all of these features available in my CTP2 SuperApolyton game. Is that possible?
                      I'm pretty sure my system could handle it.
                      Also is there a list somewhere that shows what mods are compatible with what mods? and if not should somebody make one? to avoid extremely long complex
                      questions like this in the future?
                      If a tree falls in the.....er sorry got carried away.

Comment

• Well ill answer one.

Next, to my understanding
                        Nope not to play, not unless you want to make modifications to the tile file yourself.
                        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                        CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                        One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• Thank You! Maquiladora.
                          Now, only a dozen more replies to go and I should be all set eh!!..

Comment

• Originally posted by RunsWithDwarf
                            Pedrunn, did you get my E-mail.
                            My apolyton e-mail is broken for a wwk now. I just changed. Try thi e-mail:

pbcavalcanti@hotmail.com
                            -Jean Rostand

Comment

• Next, Pedrunn modified and expanded upon BlueO's City Expansion, is it compatible with the SuperApolyton Pack?
                              You will have a new Modswapper option for apolyton Pack + City Expansion once you have my mod installed. The Apolyton Pack is the only mod which my city expansion can be used as a expansion ( that sounded funny) so far

If a tree falls in the.....er sorry got carried away.
                              Last edited by Pedrunn; December 31, 2002, 17:57.
                              -Jean Rostand

Comment

• RunsWithDwarf,
                                Since it will probably take several people to answer all your questions, it would have been easier to help you if you had ordered that post a little better - i.e. one question per paragraph (and maybe numbering the paragraphs). I'll give that (and giving some answers) a shot...

Originally posted by RunsWithDwarf
                                iskallin, made a world map for the SuperApolyton Pack, that to my understanding of what I read in its description allows you to play against all the available races, who start out from their historical starting points, and this mod plays as a scenario. Do I undestand that correctly?
                                Yes, although be warned that some of his scenarios work slightly differently than he advertises (i.e. he says they're open for all nations while in fact they can only be played with 28), but IIRC the AP one works as advertised.

and if so, has he made one yet that can simply be loaded in a hotseat game (where I can pick the races available, and where they start) also can I play a hotseat game through the SuperApolyton pack?
                                Yes, *if* all players are playable, you can always use a Hotseat game to pick your opponents (when the choices are limited this may not always be possible, not sure how that works).

Next, Martin Guhmann created the City Mod 2.1/City Mod English and City Mod 2 Graphics Pack, What is the Difference between City Mod 2.1 and the City Mod 2 Graphics Pack? and is one required to play with the other? Also are they compatible with the SuperApolyton Pack?
                                The Graphics Pack is the modmaker version: if a modmaker ever wants to change the graphics Martin made, the Graphics Pack contains the source graphics. You don't ever need these as a player (it's not even playable), only as a modmaker. The City Mod is actually part of the Apolyton Pack, so I suppose you could regard it compatible

Next, Immortal Wombat created the Visible Wonders Mod, is it compatible with the SuperApolyton Pack? Also, the same question for his Natural Wonders Mod.
                                I'll leave it to IW to answer the that.

Next, Pedrunn modified and expanded upon BlueO's City Expansion, is it compatible with the SuperApolyton Pack? Also, in regards to this, the description says once a tile is destroyed it can never be repaired, or reused much as a polluted tile, Why is this?
                                must it always remain a virtual slum (for lack of a better word)? can it not be repaired and reused later after acheiving the neccessary advances that you need to clean up polluted tiles?
                                Actually, that description is a little unclear. I've seen city ruins been restored again by being replaced by new 'suburbs'. This also makes perfect sense to me: if a city grows and then collapses, part of the city will fall in ruin. If later on, the city grows again, it will rebuild over the ruins of the old city. This happens all the time in real life (one of the most famous cases is probably Troy, where it happened like 7 times).

[quote]Next, Martin Guhmann created the Commerce Improvements for AI's, is it compatible with the SuperApolyton Pack?[quote]
                                I *think* that's actually part of the AP already, but I'm not 100% sure about that. Someone else can answer that for sure, I hope.

Next, to my understanding
                                Visible & Natural Wonders as well as City Expansion require the Tile File, the others don't. You only need the Tile File itself, nothing else. Unless you want to be able to inspect the file, but that's not necessary. Just d/l-ing it and replacing your existing file with it is enough.

Well I think that about sums it up, and I hope this is understandable. I guess in a nutshell, I would like to have all of these features available in my CTP2 SuperApolyton game. Is that possible?
                                Most of them already are, the ones that may not be yet (mainly Natural Wonders from what I can tell), should be fairly easy to get to work.

Also is there a list somewhere that shows what mods are compatible with what mods? and if not should somebody make one? to avoid extremely long complex
                                questions like this in the future?
                                The major mods (Cradle, MedMod, AP, etc) are not compatible unless explicitly stated otherwise (e.g. GoodMod). Other than that the only mods that are out there are mods that aren't real mods but more like single features (Visible/Natural Wonders, City Expansion, etc). Those can be annoying, as until a few months ago they were simply included in the major mods as soon as they came out, but right now this is taking much longer. Some mods may in fact never be updated as their creators moved on to other things... But either way, the readmes and/or forum threads of various mods/features always explicitly mention with which mods they are/aren't compatible.
                                Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Working...
                                X