Space Scenario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Space Scenario

Does anyone interested in sci-fi wants to help a lonely Scenario maker.
    My idea is to create a space scenario.
    Many already know my interest in space. Specially when comes to my desire to insert the CTP1 space layer in CTP2. Before you say something i know it is impossible and even if we could the AI would never no how to handle.
    I know it does not have nothing to do with CTP2 and civilizations. Wait it does.
    It is about the rise and fall of civilizations. Alien Civilizations.

Here i will give a small background on how the story will go on.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

hundred Millions of years ago the first civilizations explored and colonized all of our universe. In that time their universe.

They are called the First Ones.

For a unknow reason they lost the interest in this universe. They migrate to other universes. A misterious seek.

While they were gone, the life begun to flourish in different planets. Soon there were Intelligent life. They reached the stars.

Four major civs slaved, vanished or controlled the minor ones.
    The Humans a race know by their natural skill to trade and commerce.
    The Kri'Threen, an insect-like civ that made major improvments in Bio-thechnology and living machines. Known specially by their reproductive capability.
    The Borgs that have chosen the path of cybernetics. Changing vital parts of their body for heavy machinery, and connecting their brain to ships and to each other.
    The Emphats are telepat humanoids that knows every thoughts of the others. Curruption is impossible. What formed a cold and diplomatic empire.

They have lived in relative peace for hundreds of years. Until now.
    The First Ones are back. They claim for what was theirs. They want the universe back.

Maybe for to preserve resources or only for fun, they have given an opportunity to one of those civs to join them.
    If this race exterminate all the other three.

All races know they cant destroy the First Ones ship. An alliance on any diplomatic approach means death to all.
    So the war has begun.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Kill a man and you are a murder.
    Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
    Kill all and you are a God!"
    -Jean Rostand

I hope someone enjoys this story. And wants to join me.

The races - You can choose between four races: Humans (red), Kri'Threen (Yellow), Borgs (Grey), Emphats (Blue)

Governments: Each race has its own gov. As i think Republic (Human - high GoldCoef), Colony (Kri'Threen - High FoodCoef), Borgs (Coletivity - High ProductionCoef), Emphats (Telepat Democracy - No Crime)

Units-So far i have set the ships to five unique ships for each race: Fighter, Bomber, Destroyer, carrier (or mothership) and a settler.
    I have know almost all sprites including the First Ones Ship and the Libertor (see victories).
    But i dont have are the Human Fighter (Although there is already a X-wing that woud fit perfectly needing only to convert in sprite format) and the Borg settler and maybe a better human destroyer).
    Not to mention sprites of destoyer, carrier and Settler to a fifth race (green). But i think four is enough.
    And I will need a lot of help with the pictures(tgas).

Fighter - attack and defense. Is flanker. Small. Cant Capture City.
    Bomber - Ranged attack. Small. Cant Capture City.
    Destroyer - Combat characteristics really high. Active defense and bombard. can carry 2 Small units. Large
    Carrier - Combat Not as high as the Destroyer but very high. Activedefense when carring ships. Can carry 12 Small units. Large.

We could have more kinds of units like cruiser, scouts, etc...
    Graphics are the problem

The forms of victory:
    1) BloodLust - Kill all the other races
    2) Wonder Victory - Kill the First Ones Ship. After building a certain Wonder you get a unit (wonder unit Code). The Libertor (better name please) that explodes the First Ones Ship (Nuke properties)

Two kinds of cities:
    1) Space City - You settle them with the settler unit.
    2) Solar Systems - The ones you start with. For obvius reason you cantbuild more.

Space City sprites: Human (CTP1 space city), Kri'Threen (CTP2 sea city), Borg (CTP1 or 2 Diamond age city) and Emphats (CTP2 genetic age city)
    But no Solar System sprite (The IW hurricane looks ok though)

Terrain - I have only one Terrain in my mind. Whole Black with white dots.
    Goods - Some cool goods to add the universe diversity like Asteroid belt, Gas Cloud, Plasma Cloud, Nebulosas, Anti-matter, etc.
    Maybe something like a Civ3 colonies. We only need to make the AI know how to use it though. I discovered how to implement this feature perfectly.
    Graphics will be needed.

Tile Iprovement - We have a lot of space tile imps inside of ctp files (remainers from CTP1 and others). This wont be a problem.

Diplomacy - Embassies even at war. (dont know how to do it though besides giving every civ a wonder with this feature).
    But you cant make treaties (The AI cant between each other, so why should we?). just war or cease-fire. yet you can offer, request and give.

Special units - So far no other than the settlers and Freight Transport(for trade). But i have a open mind. Advertise, Injoy, Convert, Steal tech, spy, etc could ce added.
    The only problem is the graphics resources to make the units.

Barbarians - There will be no other Barbarian unit unless the First Ones Ship. You cant destroy the First Ones Ships, it will be a really strong ship.
    But it cant either attack nor capture cities. It will have 1 point movement (maybe more) and higher priority to explore. Will be fun having this unit walking around like an observer.

Tech Three - Need to decide. I was thinking in a tech three that has some civ-specific advances. But i dont think it will be needed.
    Buildings - Need to decide.
    Wonders - So far i think in only one to the wonder victory.

Any suggestions?
    Better Names(after all i am Brazilian)?
    Anyone wants to join me?
    -Jean Rostand

Comment

Building don’t talk to me a bout buildings I spent my weekend building buildings for my scenario Alpha Century : The Hell Will Come which in itself is shaping up to be a right game.

I had an idea for you try moding gaia into a peace net should be easy just put some kind of new tile imp in using tile edit.

If you want my buildings I will post them for you as for joining you I am so rushed of my feet.
      Oh an how about defender for you unit
      "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson
      The BIG MC making ctp2 a much unsafer place.
      Visit the big mc’s website

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Mc
        I had an idea for you try moding gaia into a peace net should be easy just put some kind of new tile imp in using tile edit.
        It isnt very clear.
        You mean for Victory.
        I really wanted to include the gaia controller. But i still thinking how and what to change.

If you want my buildings I will post them for you as for joining you I am so rushed of my feet.
        Please this is the part i am having most of the problems. Nothing good is coming to my mind! This will clear the ideas an will give a hints to the tech tree (another headache)!!!
        Cant image how happy i am to hear that

Oh an how about defender for you unit
        It isnt very clear (sorry probably my english limitations)
        -Jean Rostand

Comment

I Havant made the tec tree yet that’s next holiday job but a bit of advise do buildings and units first then do the tech tree

Oh and the gaia bit I was just thing you could mod it so that is a grid to stop the fighting armed to the teeth with killer weapons.

And the defender idea

The word defend means to protect or keep something from harm.

Normally used to describe the actions of an army towards it’s own country
          "Every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain" Homer Jay Simpson

Comment

Pedrunn, I'll send you the tile file tonight. If you want me to do anymore tile graphics fro you (planets, stars etc) I can, or else you might want to do it yourself.
            Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
              Pedrunn, I'll send you the tile file tonight. If you want me to do anymore tile graphics fro you (planets, stars etc) I can, or else you might want to do it yourself.
              So far i just wanted the black tile with stars.
              But it would be nice diferent star formations, maybe colorful clouds(purple, blue, green, red, ...). Not that i think it will have such a diference in gameplay but to make the scenario overall image more pleasant.

Stars would be great that way you could colonize them but it had to look exacly like the city sprite wich isnt defined. Yet not all stars have solar system. So stars would are very well wecome.
              But planets wouldnt fit since it is a big picture of the universe.
              Asteroid are cool too.

PS: I am planning to give a try in sprite making (I know how to draw in paper quite ok) But wich format should i make and wich size. Can it be as a paint file (bmp). The problem is that the Sprite Tool doenst open at all in my PC. So if i do a good job can you convert the files to sprite?
              -Jean Rostand

Comment

Ok, what's your email address?

I can convert any pictures you need, they should be in *.tiff format for the sprite maker, but I can change them too, if you want to make *.jpgs (for small file transfers) or *.bmps.

I was thinking, if the map is going to be basically just land, you could have stars as another terrain (also black), which automatically has a tile improvement (looking like a star) on top. Then you could have an extended good sprite or something to look like the solar system around it. Asteroids, planets etc could also be terrain improvements scattered at random.

Is this going to be a mod (random map, set rules) or a scenario (fixed map, fixed cities) ?
                "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Ok, what's your email address?
                  pedroguilherme@zipmail.com

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat [
                  I can convert any pictures you need, they should be in *.tiff format for the sprite maker, but I can change them too, if you want to make *.jpgs (for small file transfers) or *.bmps.
                  Still thats just a possibility.

I was thinking, if the map is going to be basically just land, you could have stars as another terrain (also black), which automatically has a tile improvement (looking like a star) on top.
                  Thats is my idea as you can see in the readme.
                  Then you could have an extended good sprite or something to look like the solar system around it. Asteroids, planets etc could also be terrain improvements scattered at random.
                  That is unreal. planets dont come up from anywhere. or a man made

Is this going to be a mod (random map, set rules) or a scenario (fixed map, fixed cities) ?
                  Its a Scenario. The story can only be used as a scenario.

But in the future i plan to make it a mod (After the release of the mod i have already in test phase but without GL and charts: Absolute State 2).
                  -Jean Rostand

Comment

Oh My God! now i know why there are so few Sprite makers. It requires a lot of patience. The problem ins the drawing but the painting. From now on i am just going to make white units!!!

Here is the Kri Threen Space Cannon
                    Attached Files
                    -Jean Rostand

Comment

Here it is IW, The Kri Threen Cannon, plus three other units from law that i could use in my scenario.
                      I dont want my Cannon sprite to be bigger than 300 KB so i wouldnt mind sacrifice the movement bmps.

Thanks this is a big help you are offering me.
                      Attached Files
                      -Jean Rostand

Comment

So have you given any more thought to the moded gaia idea if you want I could put the moderd version I made up to show you

Comment

Thanks, I'll get the file to you asap
                          Originally posted by Pedrunn
                          Thats is my idea as you can see in the readme.

That is unreal. planets dont come up from anywhere. or a man made
                          You can get rogue planets occasionally, but I agree it is somehat unlikely. I'm trying to figure out a way to get the solar system to appear over several tiles, centred on a star.
                          Its a Scenario. The story can only be used as a scenario.
                          Ok, I didn't realise the story was quite that structured. It could be done so there is no set map, and a random one each time, but it would mean SLIC placement of goods etc.

That cannon is looking very good. The size shouldn't be too big, but there won't be much animation...

Comment

You can get rogue planets occasionally, but I agree it is somehat unlikely. I'm trying to figure out a way to get the solar system to appear over several tiles, centred on a star.
                            I will think in a better way to make settle of a solar system.

Ok, I didn't realise the story was quite that structured. It could be done so there is no set map, and a random one each time, but it would mean SLIC placement of goods etc.

That cannon is looking very good. The size shouldn't be too big, but there won't be much animation...
                            Everything is based on the story.
                            Even the Advances are centered in the arrival of the first one( I made a first draft with 15 advances).

I dont wanto to get headaches on random map creation now. I hope i get the scenario finished to know if it is worthy to make a mod about it. So a fixed map it is.
                            -Jean Rostand

Comment

Okay then

File on the way...

I'll get the sprite done this weekend hopefully.

Comment

Working...
                              X