No announcement yet.

Newsprites.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like the thread got lost in one of the bimonthly forum crises. The search only brings up 4 threads in which WesW has posted in this forum. That's so wrong, it's sad.
    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Forums are okay, search index is f*cked up

Only searches that work are manual ones...
      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
        Forums are okay, search index is f*cked up

Only searches that work are manual ones...
        If you just search for WesW in this forum you get 148 hits, search options entire thread and show results as threads.

So only the search for posts with certain words is broken. I guess anti-server-load-cr!p like the broken non-cookies support of the Apolyton Directory.

-Martin
        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Yes, Martin, that's exactly what a f*cked up index is about: most of the posts aren't indexed. So you can find posts from a certain poster easily, as it doesn't have to actually 'read' the posts for that, just look up the author (which needs to be stored anyway, to keep track of post-count, among other things). But if you search for certain words, the search engine will actually need to 'read' the posts to see if they occur in it. For unindexed posts this isn't possible, they need to be indexed first. So unindexed posts are simply never found if you look for words in them, and most posts are unindexed.

The reason for not indexing is because a full search index for all of Apolyton would be *HUGE* and take up a lot of resources (HDD space, CPU time, bandwidth) and that's simply too much of a drain on the server. I think Markos actually tried to create a full index a while ago but, as you may remember, it resulted in new posts not being accepted at all, not showing up on the front page, not counting towards postcounts, etc... So Apolyton is just too damn big for it. Maybe if he wasn't in the army Markos might have time to look into that, but obviously he doesn't have that time now...
          Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Hi Locutus,

I posted a reply here yesterday just after the site came back on line and it now does not show in this thread. Also there was a reply by IW about other sprites and numbers allocated to them.

Anyway, attached is the new Cataphract sprite.

Comment

nope
              "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Trying again to attach?
                Attached Files

Comment

I followed exactly the same procedure both times and it only worked once????

Anyway, what happened to yesterdays posts?

IW posted one with links to old sprites, 3 out of 4 of which did not work and I posted a list of my new sprites and the numbers I had allocated.

Comment

Attached is My Auxilliary Legion. Note this is part of the previous legion sprite but he attacks with the pium.

I am reposting the legion with a plume on his helmet to distinguish him from the auxilliary.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Sorry, attached the wrong file, the above is the ROMAN LEGION.

Comment

Attached is the Auxilliary Legion. He is distinguished from the Legion by not having a plume and attacks with the pilum as opposed to the gladius.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Attached is my Peltast Sprite. Bronze Age infantry that attacks with Javelin.
                          Attached Files

Comment

These are excellent!(To a lay person )
                            Keep at it please
                            'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Thanks for the compliment.

All the new sprites together with several previously unused ones will be appearing in my Cradle Mod extension,(1.36) to be published on Hex's web site in a few weeks.

It has about 12 new units, 12 new technologies, 3 new concepts, some tweeking, to flesh out the ancient period.

Comment

Originally posted by stankarp
                                Dont think that worked, will try again.
                                Both the Heavy Cavalry zips have a city sprite in instead of the unit. The others are looking fine

For anyone too lazy to download the units and check them yourselves, here's what the units look like.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X