No announcement yet.

Demosthenes Semi Acc Turn Posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seems we Brits were all 'Burning the Midnight Oil' in the early hours of this morning

Nothing much to report except that the infrastructure building programme continues in earnest...

MOBIUS
    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• Turn 58 ==> Jon
      Cariad,
      Demosthenes.
      _____
      www.polthought.freeserve.co.uk

Comment

• Turn 58 ==> Jon
        Cariad,
        Demosthenes.
        _____

Comment

• Turn 58 Caligula

Comment

• Caligula is annoyed!

4 rioting cities this turn and the most yet experienced in one go...

We know the Assyrians and Incas have been affected - what of the Welsh and Egyptians?

Is there a pattern that allows immunity?

PAX

MOBIUS

Comment

• Caligula is annoyed!

4 rioting cities this turn and the most yet experienced in one go...

We know the Assyrians and Incas have been affected - what of the Welsh and Egyptians?

Is there a pattern that allows immunity?

PAX

MOBIUS

Comment

• Turn 58--> Sophanthro

We have 2 cities in riotation at this moment. Do others turn a worker to an entertainer for a turn? Do others even believe this is necessary?

Meanwhile, the first length of track has been laid for the use of the Assyrian Express. A solid gold spike was hammered in by the Secretary of the Railroad.

Comment

• Turn 59 ==> Demosthenes

Egyptian doctors have yet to encounter this plauge and unsure of it's origin. Egypt does know that this mod was never tested at any level below King.

Comment

• Turn 59 ==> Jon

The Welsh have not yet suffered from this dreadful plague. Obviously the turmoil of contact with other cultures is beginning to show changes in society. As the Welsh were late to meet any other culture, we fear that we have only a matter of time before we too feel these effects of change.
                    Cariad,
                    Demosthenes.
                    _____

Comment

• Turn to Caligula.

Yet again we are afflicted! Whilst it is true that these strange outbursts of civil disorder last but one Turn when they afflict a newly founded City they lead to starvation!

I trust Noble Caligula will accept the assistance offered in getting his lost Settler home.

Apologies for any apparent rudeness to my Welsh friends but I was under the impression that you already had established an Embassey and surely a Diplomat so far North can only have lost his way?

High Priest Jon

Comment

• Maybe we can prevail upon the learned Pharoah and Demos to understand if they performed any special rituals during the birth of this World as the Romans did not know to perform any...?

We await your wisdom great leaders!

High Priest Jon,

We Romans must have checked the Apolyton scriptures before you had written your latest communication of wisdom... Caligula feels foolish for not thinking of the easy route home you offered our settler!

He has since boarded a Longship in the area and will be sailing from your shores - Rome apologises for any accidental trespass and thanks the Incas for their understanding, the settler was taking the quickest route available from your territory...

In the spirit of our newfound cooperation Rome has graciously accepted the Incan offer for a map exchange...
                        Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• Turn 59--> Sophanthro

This period, only Arrapha is in a state of "rioticity". Strange that "only one" city rioting should be good news!

The long overdue voyage of Peace is finally underway, with the mighty nation of Egypt as our next destination. Great Pharaoh, our Captain will contact you shortly with his coordinates.

King Rick

Comment

• Great Pharaoh:

Assyria thanks you for the collective wisdom of your many fine scholars put toward this worldwide epidemic.

While we had reported that each city seems to only fall victim to the malady once, we now discover that is not the case, as Uruk has just sufferd its second infection.

We have not used Dutcheese or its companion mod since the first few turns, when as instructed, we began opening the turn directly from the email icon sent from the previous player. The mods still exist in my scenario file for CTP, but they are not used anymore.

In addition, is not Burchill's game using the exact same mod? And yet no trace of this problem has shown itself there. While that game has experienced many unfortunate slowdowns, leading to a far lesser turn count than we enjoy here, the riot problem started many turns ago here, and should have started in Burchill-land by now if it were going to. So one has to wonder what unique factor exists in this game but not in Burchill's game?

Bemused in Assyria,

King Rick

Comment

• To answer King Rick's Question, yes other games are using this mod and have not been affected. This puzzled me as well, but I believe all the other games are running at Emperor or Diety, Im not sure of the exact level of this game but city sizes effects, aren't great enough for it to be Emperor unless that's another bug.

Does anyone know what level this game was started at?

Comment

• Turn 60 ==> Jon

Noble St Jon, the Welsh people take great offence to your recent actions. We have stated our intentions to traverse to the disputed area between the Incans and the Romans, to ensure peace and justice, yet you have thrown this back in our face.

Know now that should you require assistance in your border disputes, on land that is of no concern to the Welsh, we have no reason to respond. Our duty to humankind's peace and prosperity is obviously not wanted, and our diplomatic relations with Inca have been sorely tarnished.

As for the rioting, I have no idea as to the cause. I didn't create the mod, and I have no knowledge of programming, but I haven't encountered this bug before.
                                Cariad,
                                Demosthenes.
                                _____

Comment

Working...
                                X