Demosthenes Semi Acc Turn Posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn 51--> Sophanthro

The citizens of Kakzu were alarmed to discover that a strange vessel had moored in their harbour earlier today. Upon closer inspection it has turned out to be of Incan origin.

High Priest Jon, we are happy to welcome your Diplomat to Assyria. We assume he is here to establish an Embassy, but we do wish he hadn't just shown up without even a word from you. We are surprised that you did not wish to inform us of your plans, the timing of which must have been known to you for some time in advance.

Still, we Assyrians are a friendly and trusting people, so we wish you a pleasant stay in our city.

King Rick

Comment

• Turn 52 ==> Jon

It seems that things are escalating abroad. War has broken out, and it looks like it could be a protracted and bloody affair.

Cast your minds back to my wise words on the future. I did state that everything was so well in the world that somebody had to distrupt it. Could it be human nature?
      Cariad,
      Demosthenes.
      _____
      www.polthought.freeserve.co.uk

Comment

• Turn 52 to Caligula, Prince of Falsehood and The Unkept Word!

Despite providing catagorical proof of my peaceful intent, orders only to establish an Embassey and construct Mills to my Regent, which briefly shamed the 'Perverter of Words' into an undertaking to withdraw from Cuzco he finds yet another sham excuse to continue his unprovoked agression.

He claims that to find a sizable Army in the very heart of my nation is proof of Inca hostile intent toward Rome. Where else would he expect to find an Inca Army but in position to defend it's major Cities? Indeed his very excuse gives the lie to his real motives for were the Inca predisposed to attack Rome those troops would not have been stationed at home but upon his own borders! He will no doubt claim that they have simply been redeployed but geography and time give the lie to that as well for in order to have brought Cannon and Cavalry to bear upon Cuzco in one Turn those Units could NEVER have been anywhere near Roman soil! Nobody can afford to rush build significant numbers of Cavalry and Cannon so those Troops had been in existance for some considerable time and had NEVER left their sphere of operations - HOME DEFENCE!

The strange 'Rioting Syndrome' has now afflicted the Inca. Three Cities with Happiness ratings of 77, 75 and 74 have suddenly gone into Riot for no reason whatsoever. As others have suffered this affliction before has anyone come up with an answer to the cause of this problem? It is obviously particularly irksome to me at this time but that is the way the dice fall; however I would appreciate any suggestions as to possible causes and cures.

High Priest Jon The Wronged.

Comment

• Egypt congratulates Rome on completion of the Exchange and Galileos Telescope. The Pharaoh urged Rome to put thier mind toward peaceful pursuits.

Egypt also announce that the materials original designed to produce the Exchange will now be harnessed for work on the Gutenberg Book of The Dead.

Comment

• Turn 52--> Sophanthro

Sophanthro: I sent this turn to sophix@zxmail.com but it immediately bounced back to me as "undeliverable", so I've sent it again, and also to sophix@pmail.net .

Please let me know if it doesn't show up.

Meanwhile, the behaviour of the Incans surprises us. To create an Embassy without a word and then leave in silence strikes us as the actions of an uncivilized people.

Comment

• Turn 53 ==> Demosthenes

In answer to Rick Question it showed up twice, thanks for making sure.

The first printing press with movable text, was created in Memphis today, it's the first book, printed from it was the Egyptian book of the dead.

Comment

• Turn 53 ==> Jon

The world is becoming an ever more confusing place. Strange rioting, magnificent wonders, nations at war, our quest for knowledge might well be the death of us.
                Cariad,
                Demosthenes.
                _____

Comment

• Turn 53 to Caligula

Apologies to Rick for the Diplomatic faux pas but no insult was intended and the lack of an explanation was an oversight.

Caligula, having been caught completly off-guard and unprepared for War I have no alternative but to sue for Peace. The choice is now your's as to whether to continue with this unprovoked and unjust attack upon a peaceful nation or show clemency.

Yet further strange rioting leading in one case to the disbandment of a size 1 City with happiness of 76 as it was destined to die from starvation as a result. The others had happiness of 75 and 74 respectively so I am completely mystified.

High Priest Jon.

Comment

• St. Jon of the Incas,

The Imperator is prepared to show clemency provided you cease the agressive manouvres of your armed forces towards my territory and the newly liberated city of Paracas.

As a show of my clemency, I am prepared to exchange the city of Paracas for the city of Ocucaje in order to straighten our Northern frontier - my diplomats are on hand to verify your vacation of Ocucaje and the subsequent withdrawal of my forces from Paracas as a precursor to lasting peace in the region...

Rome congratulates the Egyptian peoples upon their successful completion of the Gutenberg Bible!

Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• Turn 53--> Sophanthro

So the Romans have built an exchange named after someplace called "London", and the Egyptians have buit a press to print the Book of the Dead? Things are indeed a bit scrambled in this best of all possible worlds!

Comment

• Turn 54 ==> Demosthenes

Nothing to report out of Egypt.

Comment

• Turn 54 ==> Jon

Cariad,
                          Demosthenes.
                          _____

Comment

• Turn 54 to Caligula.

Having accepted the 'Peace Terms' dictated by Rome I find that the Inca have had a City destroyed and another occupied. Paracas has therefore been forcibly retaken as an element of distrust has crept into the negotiations.

Be assured of the Inca committment to peace and assuming no further Roman aggression the withdrawel from Ocucaje will commence upon the next turn. Have your observers at hand Caligula but do know that honesty is a two way street and evacuation of Paracas merely to assault another Inca City is scarcely the path to peace.

High Priest Jon

Comment

• St.Jon of the Inca's,

Two diplomats are at hand to foresee the evacuation of Ocucaje - once this has been confirmed all insurgent Roman forces will leave your territories via the quickest means possible...

Rome conveys her regret at the 'Pachacamac' episode, however Incan forces were continuing to move with seeming agressive intent and our two civilisations were still at war...

MOBIUS
                              Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• Turn 54--> Sophanthro

Wow, two turns in one day? Nothing like a little war to get those game-turns flying!

Congratulations are in order to the leaders of both Rome and the Incans as the world seems once again on the verge of peace.

Comment

Working...
                                X