Demosthenes Semi Acc Turn Posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn 25--> Sophanthro

The Renaiassance already? We poor Assyrians are still living in little thatched huts!

But we aim our sights higher, as we admire the achievements of our good neighbor.

Comment

• Turn 26 ==> Jon

I see that Rome has alot to offer the world. The estimated time of arrival of the first Welsh diplomat should be another two to three cycles, with our neighbours the Incans being the first to make aquaintance. St Jon the Noble, please make our ambassadors stay a welcome one, he has requested to partake in the rituals of fornication. If his stay is pleasant, you can rest assured that your visit to us will be equally enjoyable.

Further diplomatic visits to other nations are already afoot.
      Cariad,
      Demosthenes.
      _____
      www.polthought.freeserve.co.uk

Comment

• Turn 26 to Mobius

Comment

• GRRRRRRR!

Emperor Caligula is seriously hacked off!

First we inaugurate the World's first Embassy...

Then we usher in the Age of Renaissance...

This cycle we proudly unveil Stonehenge for all the World to see...

Are the people of Rome happy????

No! They are RIOTING!!!!

What's more they are rioting on a Happiness factor of '75' and my 'Riot meter' reads zero!!!!!!!

Would anyone care to shed some light on this abominable anomaly!!???

MOBIUS

Turn --> King Rick

(hopefully this will sort itself out by next turn...!)

Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• Emperor Caligula:

Is it possible that one of your rioting subjects absconded with the email you sent? It never arrived here.
            [This message has been edited by Rick Elkins (edited May 01, 2000).]

Comment

• Whoops!!!

I was so utterly consumed by rage that I forgot to send the post...

Sent now!

MOBIUS

Comment

• Turn 26--> Sophanthro

Comment

• Turn 27 ==> Jon

Noble St Jon, expect a diplomat on your shores next turn. We respectively request that he be given passage through your lands unto the lands of the Romans.

We await your reply.
                  Cariad,
                  Demosthenes.
                  _____

Comment

• Turn 27 to Mobius.

Comment

• One of the diplomats seconded to the RPS (Roman Papyrus Survey) being a bright young thing has developed ‘Cartographical Reconaissance’ and completed a survey on the cartographical intelligence held about the other civilisations…

These are his findings by estimating production values for each city by best fit terrain…

WELSH (old intel as procured indirectly therefore +1 population was added to all 10 cities visible)

Pop: 260,000

Food 435
                      Prod: 835/1044
                      Gold: 220/275
                      Total:à 1754

INCAS 9 cities (Intel would suggest possible city site S. of Pucara)

Pop: 280,000

Food: 440
                      Prod 460/575
                      Gold 175/219
                      Total:à 1234

EGYPTIANS 9 cities +2 Cities due to unfinished caravan trails?

Pop:230,000

Food: 480
                      Prod: 375/469
                      Gold: 205/256
                      Total:à 1205

ASSYRIANS 6 cities! (Surely there are more!)

Pop: 200,000

Food: 330
                      Prod: 350/438
                      Gold: 175/219
                      Total:à 986

So, am I close? Second figure is the Theocracy coefficient of 1.25. Not factored is gold from trade though I’m guessing the Egyptians would gain the most with the Labyrinth, followed by the Incas with at least 3 caravans visible and then the Welsh…

Using these findings each civilisation does indeed neatly fit in exactly where it should do on the Rankings scale – with one glaring anomaly…! By my calculations of economic potential the Incans should be just trailing the Egyptians into 4th place and not in pole position where they currently reside…

Perhaps good St. Jon could shed some light on these findings as to why he is indeed considered so powerful…?

The diplomat for his services has been given an all mod cons Villa on the exciting 'Costa del Sol' luxury development in Hispania...

Great Pharoah – an oversight has been rectified this turn. Also a thousand thank yous for your beneficence…

King Rick, RS Pax Assyrianicus is even now navigating the estuary leading to Uruk!!!

Noble St. Jon, We the Roman people formally request that you allow the Welsh diplomat safe passage through your lands in the interests of global diplomacy…

MOBIUS

Comment

• Turn 27--> Sophanthro

Know thee oh good Captain of the RS Pax Assyrianicus that the harbour of Uruk has a safe berth for you. We will ask that you clear Assyrian Customs before your Diplomat comes ashore, and it goes without saying that there must be no "unseen passengers" with him. We regret having even to mention such unpleasantries, but Assyria has a fierce hatred of such "agents", and should one have snuck aboard the vessel prior to leaving Roman land, we are sure that the Emperor would agree that this would not be a good thing.

But enough of such matters. The festivities are ready to start upon arrival, and we hope your Diplomat is well-rested. For the young women of our "Welcome Brigade" are so finely-versed in the sensual arts that many a visitor has found himself exhausted by dawn's light.

Oh, and one more thing: Emperor Caligula may not wish to reward he who made the estimates of Assyria's blessings. For he has underestimated us greatly in every single catagory. And yes, our cities count 9, with 2 more about to be founded after the Settlers move a couple of more times.

[This message has been edited by Rick Elkins (edited May 03, 2000).]

Comment

• Turn 28 ==> Demosthenes

Egypt regrets to inform Assyria that the diplomat who was heading in thier direction, will never reach your land. He stumbled on a ruin and hoping to find treasure, or perhaps a lost science, but instead he came face to face with vicious canibals, all Egypt mourns his loss.

Comment

• Turn 28 ==> Jon

The first of Wales' diplomats lands at the shores of the Incan Empire. An embassy is hoped to be established as soon as he has tasted the 'forbidden fruits' that the Incans have to offer....
                            Cariad,
                            Demosthenes.
                            _____

Comment

• Turn 28 to Caligula.

Romans, the Inca are thankful for you missive as it has provided the proof that you have vile undercover Units stationed hard by our lands. Denial is useless as without any Map Exchanges, with anyone, the only way that you could have of knowing of the Inca Cities to the SW of Pucara is by the deployment of Slavers or Clerics.

Forewarned is forearmed!!!

High Priest Jon,
                              Temporal and Spiritual Father of the Inca People.

Comment

• Ahh there, there...

Such is the blight of Megalomania that it always comes hand in hand with paranoia of a most pernicious and irrational kind...

I believe you yourself tricked me into a map exchange just nine generations ago - when directly exchanged it would seem these 'update' the city sizes if not necessarily other developments... I have also been party to the correlation of data by exchanges with the Assyrians and the Egyptians...

As for surmising that there may be an Inca city to the S of Pucara - I merely noted from the road development already in existence that it was logical to assume the siting of a new city and gave you the benefit of the doubt... My only other conclusion would be that it is in fact the construction of an 'INCAN INVASION ROUTE'!!! Which would you prefer?

But thanks for the intel - at least TWO cities S/SW of Pucara... Who needs spies when good St. Jon speaks so freely!?

Also, why would you build so close to our borders in marginal land when you have more suitable land to your North...???

Why not accept my kindly offer of a map exchange in order to allay any fears on both our parts...?

Good King Rick, I believe the town watch of Uruk should be tracking the process of our proud ambassadorial longship - RS Pax Assyrianicus...

Emperor Caligula was saddened that you felt it necessary to warn him of introducing 'undesirables' to your fair and bounteous shores - He does not like himself to feel 'guilty until proven innocent' and will prove to King Rick the error of his judgement...

MOBIUS

Comment

Working...
                                X