Demosthenes Semi Acc Turn Posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn 21 ==> Demosthenes

As to comments by the sheep bedder and lacivious lover of lhamas. They have obviously never been to Egypt, if they had, the only act which might be considered unnatural would be the Pharaoh and other Egyptian Lords harem size. If it is natural to love Lhamas even to bed, then Egypt is unnatural.

In more important news the opening ceremonies of Labyrinth will commence in one turns time.
    The Pharaoh advises all nations to expect a visit from the Egyptian Trading Guild, who have setup their headquarters in Memphis.

Comment

• Da da da da, dum de dum de dum de dum dum drm...

Emperor Caligula drums his fingers expectantly waiting for news...
      Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• Da da da da, dum de dum de dum de dum dum drm...

Emperor Caligula drums his fingers expectantly waiting for news...

Comment

• Turn 21 ==> Jon

Sorry guys, I've got a bit of a problem here. Family crisis, personal, don't want to go into any details, but I'll be away for at least two, maybe three days.

Really, sorry, but there's nothing I can do. Hope to be back by the weekend.
          Cariad,
          Demosthenes.
          _____
          www.polthought.freeserve.co.uk

Comment

• Turn 21 to Incitatus.

I do hope that the Pro-Consul can persuade his 'mount' that War is a costly and wasteful enterprise.

As to the 'Incestuous Egyptians' I would remind you that the Inca pursue natural recreation neither molesting beasts of the field or close family members. Our high rate of reproduction is entirely down to the fertility of our womenfolk and the bounty of our land. Should other peoples look to what nature intended then I am certain that they would find the same!

High Priest Jon,
            He to whom the Wandering Settlers flock!

Comment

• High Priest Jon,

I have absolutely no intention of going to war with you - I am merely protecting my borders...

Cease the endless trespassing and name calling and you will find me to be a most cordial neighbour...

Believe it or not, but my latest growth spurt has absolutely nothing to do with any increase in military units, but merely the dividends of a far sighted and wise government... Indeed I have not added to my army since expensively rush buying two Knight Squadrons when our troubles began - in fact I believe such is the size of my army that it may indeed be the smallest in this fair world of ours! My scribes are able to provide an Order Of Battle in .BMP format to any interested parties on the proviso that the request is reciprocated...

Great Pharoah - Emperor Caligula salutes your worthy achievement and welcomes any trade opportunities with open arms!!!

Emperor Caligula is concerned that the expected unrest in his cities has failed to materialise - are the malcontents more cunning than previously realised!?? Emperor Caligula reports NO unhappiness due to city size whatsoever and wonders what level we are playing under? Emperor Caligula has noticed this because in a parallel universe he is the incarnation of Shaka of the Zulus, whose size '3' cities are already threatening riots... Are other Civs experiencing the same effects?

MOBIUS

Comment

• turn 21--> Sophanthro

Kudos to the Egyptians for their great achievement. May the world come closer together through mutually benificial trade between nations.

We see that the Emperor Caligula has uttered the dreaded "r" word. In Assyria we prefer to call them "Spontaneous Street Celebrations of the Wise King Rick", but as we seem to get no celebration points for them, and as all production has an unfortunate tendency to cease, whilst looting and steet fires do proliferate, our official policy has been to discourage them. Still, only one city far from the capitol has tried to hold one of these anarchistic wing-dings, and we solved that problem with the distraction of a temple.

Comment

• Turn 22 ==> Demosthenes

Egyptian traders arrived at every civilization, offering gold for all manner of goods.

Comment

• Sophix, you didn't attach the gamefile mate, could you resend please.
                    _______

Sorry about the absence, and the lack of notice, but I had no choice in the matter. Crisis over for now.
                    Cariad,
                    Demosthenes.
                    _____

Comment

• Turn resent

The pharaoh has strongly disciplined the errant messenger, by throwing him to minotaur.

Comment

• Turn 22 ==> Jon

Demosthenes accepts the Noble offer to buy Welsh beaver by the Phaoroh. He asks that he now take note of other goods we have put up for sale, and hopes that this new dialogue between us will be furthered when Welsh diplomats shortly reach your shores.

However, shouldn't you be asking the fornicating Incans about beavers instead?
                        Cariad,
                        Demosthenes.
                        _____

Comment

• Turn 22 to Incitatus.

Comment

• After 200 years of trespassing within my borders, the Incan Legion was finally caught up with and despatched...

This is not an act of war, I am merely carrying out my promise to uphold my fair and just territorial claim. Any other military units found trespassing will meet with a similar fate...

I urge High Priest Jon not to further test my resolve or the morale of his troops as he risks sending them to certain death...

Great Pharoah - The labyrinth is truly a wonderous marvel! Emperor Caligula only wonders as to how much wealth this must bring you...!

Emperor Caligula wishes it to be known that today is his Birthday...

MOBIUS

Comment

• turn 22--> Sophanthro

In celebration of this special day, Assyrian birdkeepers have sent a flock of white doves flying toward Rome. They have been especially trained to group together so as to spell out "Happy Birthday Emperor" when they pass over the Tibor River. May they also inspire peace between the Romans and the Incans during this troubled time.

Comment

• Turn 23 ==> Jon

War breaks, and the Welsh people sigh. Why does it always come to this they mutter. Our Lord Demosthenes wonders at the intelligence of his subjects, to realise this, when this is in essence our first war in this world...
                                Cariad,
                                Demosthenes.
                                _____

Comment

Working...
                                X