Semi Acc Game part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn 44 ==> Hex

Hex, what do you mean only a couple of gold, it's the principle of the matter.

Someone that states "Dear Neighbors I am sorry about my actions. Indeed I don't seek war with anyone" should not be conducting covert operations across national borders. This is what is deemed as hypocritical. As you seem so fond of religion, remember the words "do unto others as thou wouldst have others do unto you". Please cease you aggressive actions or I will be forced to lower myself to your level.

Jon, good friend and ally, I have been rejected in all diplomatic attempts to remove the Roman scourge from our green and pleasant land. I ask now in public, Shavlor, please remove your mounted patrol from the immediate vicinity of my city.

Your recent actions against myself and Jon are more than justifiable(?) reason for making my subjects nervous. Persistence of non-compliance in this matter is an open admission of war.

Begone foul fiend.
    Cariad,
    Demosthenes.
    _____
    www.polthought.freeserve.co.uk

Comment

• Demos,

Well I get nervous when I hear rumors among my people of unwarranted Welsh slavers roaming around my lands... It means I have to take extra caution when I build my cities...

Turn 43/44 -> Sophix
      Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
      ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

• Turn 45 --> Jon

Demos

We the Romans are perfetely willing to make a treatry with you. If you read the Email I sent you, you will see that. I pulled the mounted acher back one square. He will still block unwanted war troops. The lands where he rest is the only position we have that can assure no troops can pass with out a battle or the use of ships. I assure you Demos I willn't attack your nation unless you give us reason to do so. These reasons will be 1: The use of slavers 2: Attacking any of my non-steath troops. Also in return to pulling back our mounted archer we expect you to pull back your ship which lies on our crabs w/ nets.
        Good Welsh we implore you to forgive us of our mistake and let peace return.
        [This message has been edited by Shavlor (edited February 20, 2000).]

Comment

• Stop Press!

All issues will be dealt with in a short period of time.

Before then however, I have a much larger problem to deal with. I have just spent the last four hours "fixing" my computer. I managed to acquire a corrupted harddrive, and so after spending extortionately large amounts of money on the phone, I have had to format my hardrive and start again.

Not only does this mean that I will have to reinstall everything again, it also means that I have lost everything. All my university work (inc dissertation), and I now face the task of trying to get the right configaration for CTP (cast your minds back to the problems that we had).

Pants.
          Cariad,
          Demosthenes.
          _____

Comment

• Turn 45 to Demos

Comment

• Anyone got Patch 1.2?

Having trouble downloading it. Got everything else, but I can't play my turn until I'm reconfigured.
              Cariad,
              Demosthenes.
              _____

Comment

• Shavlor, please resend your email, as when I said I'd lost everything, I wasn't kidding....
                Cariad,
                Demosthenes.
                _____

Comment

• Damn That Sux.

Ive started meddling around trying to get one of old game turns to work(left over from long ago) nothing yet. If you remember anything don't hesitate to post it.

BTW Im sending Patch 1.2

Comment

• The scenario was the Quicker Mod available at
                    http://www1.50megs.com/ctp

This shouldn't be the problem because it's virtually compatible with DC. BTW it requires the Dutcheese files in the main directories (exactly the same as DC) to work at startup.

Comment

• Right, I've installed all the relevant bits, and, yes, you've guessed it. No go I'm afraid. I can load the game and play my turn fine, but it just crashes when I try to end turn.

It keeps gving me messages like:

CIVCTP caused an invalid page fault in
                      module at 0000:82f43e67.
                      Registers:
                      EAX=82f43e68 CS=0177 EIP=82f43e67 EFLGS=00010a13
                      EBX=00e71e70 SS=017f ESP=00d4fd00 EBP=00d4fd20
                      ECX=005ca2eb DS=017f ESI=00e74d20 FS=0e1f
                      EDX=00000001 ES=017f EDI=00e74e7c GS=0000
                      Bytes at CS:EIP:
                      a0 c4 ab e8 05 4c 08 f5 82 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
                      Stack dump:
                      82f43e68 00000000 00e74d20 02588a60 00e74d20 00d4fd34 00731156 00000001 00d4fd40 005e3d35 00000000 00e74d20 00e74d20 00d4fd8c 007332d8 ffffffff

DDHELP caused an invalid page fault in
                      module KERNEL32.DLL at 0177:bff7a195.
                      Registers:
                      EAX=05e8abc4 CS=0177 EIP=bff7a195 EFLGS=00010202
                      EBX=82f4fd30 SS=017f ESP=00b3fc4c EBP=82f4fd2c
                      ECX=00000158 DS=017f ESI=82f4fbcc FS=381f
                      EDX=82f43e64 ES=017f EDI=00000164 GS=0000
                      Bytes at CS:EIP:
                      8b 08 81 e1 fc ff ff 0f 3b cf 73 04 85 c9 75 eb
                      Stack dump:
                      00b3fc80 82f4fbd4 82f43000 82f472cc bff7b30e 82f43000 82f4fbcc 00000164 00000200 830441ec 82f4fbd0 00000000 82f4fbcc 00b3fd38 baabff7f 82f43000

Which is pretty useless to me. Maybe if it said "You are missing [name] file", or "try doing [x]", but alas....

Ok, who set the game up? What scenario exactly did we use? Was it dutcheese?
                      I can't remember. If it is dutcheese then I have no idea what is wrong, as I can start new games, end turns, etc, with that fine.

However, something tells me that it is not, and therefore dutcheese might be the problem.

So, if you want to get the game up and running again, what scenario please?
                      Cariad,
                      Demosthenes.
                      _____

Comment

• Ooops, I get the feeling that I have many emails containing patch 1.2 as I've been connected for 15 minutes and the first of five mails is still yet to be recieved....
                        Cariad,
                        Demosthenes.
                        _____

Comment

• I had completely forgotten about that.

Please be gentle, I'm feeling fragile at the moment. DC means what exactly? At the moment I need to be spoonfed, as I want to get this game up and running again a.s.a.p.

Having trouble downloading quickstart scenario. Will keep you informed.
                          Cariad,
                          Demosthenes.
                          _____

Comment

• Quicker.zip is an empty zip file, apparently. So whilst I can download the file, unzipping it reveals nada...
                            Cariad,
                            Demosthenes.
                            _____

Comment

• Hmm I wonder what happened to quicker.zip, anyway I'll email it to you (when I get home), and fix the site if I can remember the Password

When I say DC Im referring to Dutcheese, sorry I us acronyms alot. What I mean by compatiability is that with Quicker, the files that are replaced in the main directories (non scenario directory) are identical to the files replaced in Dutcheese. In fact the only differences between quicker and DC are in the SLIC code utilized almost completely at startup.

The problem If I remember right is related to the Celestial Dawn Mod (CD). So you may want to download that.

The problem Im getting with your turn, occurs when I shut down the game, which sucks because when it is a problem in shutdown it doesn't tend to give you a descriptive message.

Anyhow quick question back when you had the game working could you play online via TCP/IP, you know the Multi-Player option thru activision's servers. If this was case then it will narrow the possible text files at fault, to the string files and the English files.

It is possible that you may need to install Patch 1.1 then Patch 1.2 and then hack 1.2.1. Ill test this when I get home.

[This message has been edited by Sophanthro (edited February 22, 2000).]

Comment

• Still no luck on my side, Ive put all of the DC textfiles in the main directory with no luck, put all the Celestial Dawn Text Files in the Main directory to no avail.

I want to see if it matters if I first patch with 1.1 then 1.2 and see if that works it's a long shot, but I still want to try it.

So does any one have patch 1.1 there is no where to download it, not like it should be needed. If you have it please email it to Sophix@Pmail.net thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X