Comment

turn to steve

Comment

Turn 35 to Monkey

Comment

Turn 36 to lung

Comment

Turn 36 to Paul

I_don't_believe_it. I'm in three pbem games (minus the team game just started) and i receive three turns! Shock, horror! Anyway, after i got up off the floor in disbelief...

After what, three months? I finally recieve all turns on the one day (as we're supposed to) and i am quite surprised to see all pbem games happening at the same time. At the rate we're going, our grandkids will be playing the diamond age for us. Actually, what a tradition! By that time we may be playing CivXXVI, but what the hell! If my grandkids annihilate the evil Don's grandkids, it will be all worth it:-)))

Comment

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

It'll be something like defending your family's honour in CTP. The game is passed on from generation to generation. Each descendant of a clan must undergo a ceremony before the holder of the current game e-mails it to him.

Let's just hope no romeo and juliet scenario develop between Don's and Lung's kids. HAHAHA!!!!

And now a question for everyone:

How long does it take to download a PBEM game for you guys?
                    Monkey I am proud to be!
                    Trim the sails and roam the sea!
                    ...Stefu

Comment

Turn 36 to Zaphod two hours ago, but couldn't post it because I couldn't access Apolyton.

Comment

Monkey, it takes me no more than a minute or two to download a pbem game. Actually, in another pbem game i'm in, it only takes half the time because there's only four civs.

A plus for a pbem game with fewer civs!

Comment

Paul, yes the apolyton boards are still slow. Me thinks it's got something to do with the number of posts overall on apolyton's server.... someone trash all that OT garbage in there . I'm trying to see if I can make a habit of posting an email newsletter update on both my PBEM games at the moment. Hope this will help with the turn tracking problem we are having.

Lung, befoe i started hosting this game, I went to the alpha centauri boards to seek advice regarding PBEM. I got told to start a game with max four players. Being a stupid primate at that time i didn't take their advice. I thought I could impose some set rules (ie the turn a day rule) which would solve problems but I now know they it is impossible to enforce that rule without the game going topsy turvy with everyone being set to an Ai. I just hope now that the game will finish before I graduate from university.
                          Monkey I am proud to be!
                          ...Stefu

Comment

turn to steve

and btw it takes me only a couple of seconds to download a game, but maybe thats due to the 100mbit/s connection our stud. appts has to the university's computing centre?

Comment

Zaphod, I tried to send you an email but it bounced back. Has or email changed? Can you confirm your email address with me? Thanks...
                              Monkey I am proud to be!
                              ...Stefu

Comment

so i did, it's still mr.renfield@gmx.de

Comment

Working...
                                X