Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A simple matter of Domination I

Players and order of play

Murlock Darkheart: Nebukadnezar of the Persians ( g.hullekes@chello.nl )
    centrifuge: Centrifuge of the Mongols ( centrifuge74@yahoo.com )
    Mathemagician: Rainer of the Dornheimer ( mathemagician@gmx.de )
    hatschy: Hatschy of the Canadians ( hlern@gmx.at )
    checkMate: Richard Nixon of the Americans ( gossett192@yahoo.com )
    Stas: Ex-StaZ of the Vikings ( stas9111@yahoo.com )
    redbull: Tux of the Australians (no e-mail received for Waikaterians) ( frozenfire4127@yahoo.co.nz )
    Maquiladora: Maquiladora of the Spanish ( maquiladora@blueyonder.co.uk )

Creator: Murlock Darkheart ( g.hullekes@chello.nl or r.hullekes@chello.nl )
    Moderator: TheBirdMan ( max.reiff@lyngbyes.dk )

Game Settings

Skill level: Deity
    Barbarian Threat: Restless Tribes
    Map Size: Gigantic
    World Shape: Earth World
    Bloodlust: OFF
    Pollution: ON
    Map: Random (70% water)

Mod: CTP PBEM Mod Lite 1.0

Additional Settings

PBEM Rules (whatever they are, I guess they involve cheating)
    Cheating for me involves the following. I hope all of you will honor these things, if you don't understand them, then you probably don't have to worry:

- looking at someone elses turns

- saving and loading to get better results out of ruins or warfare, like inciting revolts, looking inside cities or inside stacks. If you want to know what someone has inside a city then use a spy, that's what they're made for.

- rush buying a certain production and then changing it to a different production

- incorrect use of slaves, by that I mean creating slaves out of your own slaves (normal use of slaves is no problem)

Some other things to think about:

- let's try to keep alliances inside the game, ganging up on some player just because another player is your friend is not very nice. So if you want to gang up, then sign an alliance in the game so everyone knows your position.

- use your own judgement if something is a cheat, try to think if it belongs to the game or if it's abusing a bug

- I wish everyone an enjoyable game!
    Last edited by M. Darkheart; October 12, 2002, 10:58.

Bloodlust: ON (I've read that the game ends so soon with bloodlust off, you can hardly colonize space and sea)
    maybe. but you know that means we will have to fight each other all the time. it means we cannot win by alien life wonder and possibly neither by 2300 AD point victory (not sure about the last one) only by complete eradication of all other civs...
    this will get pretty bloody i guess. especially since the turns arent password protected... (are they by now ?)

i will email u with the info on my civ soon. sorry i forgot so long. they will be called the 'Dornheimer' (little sweet village i come from )
    also, id prefer the turkish if this wont work. dont have to be the germans.

also another thing about other-languaged program versions (german in my case):
    will it really help if the person preceding (superceding ?) me speaks german too ?
    i would think that it is a matter of whose civilization i meet in the game, not which player comes before or after me.
    anyway, i guess u can understand the word 'Tribut' in german too. bwahaha BWAHAHA
    Baal: "You dare mock me ?"
    O'Neill: "Baal, c'mon, you should know ... Of course I dare mock you."

Comment

hmm somehow that 'evilgrin' smilie neither looks evil nor grinning..

Comment

Everyone has 24 hours from now to give me the final information about leader name and civilization. After that I will make something up myself and start the game. The same counts for any changes in game settings.

Barbarian threat will be lowered one level if there are no objections within 24 hours.

Comment

so you are sure you want bloodlust on ?
          well, okay
          i can live with that...

as for my civ name. just forget it. i still dont know if having the german version will make problems and since some of the adjustments would have to be in the 'german' folder that u probably dont have, i cant forsee now which changes would be necessary.

so just give me the turkish then.

but please tell me as much as u can about the folder names in you CTP directory. maybe i will need that information to get my turn started.

for example in the german version there is this structure:

[CTP]
          ...[ctp_data]
          ... ... [default]
          ... ... [german]

i would need to know if u have a similar structure and if in your folder there is a
          'civilisation.txt' file
          and in the folder u probably have instead of my folder if there are the files:
          'str_loc.txt' and
          'civ_str.txt'

the other option would be:
          everyone who wants can have their own civ name and sends the names to me, i make these 3 files anew (english and german) and copy them to everyone so that everyone has the same files.

this would be somewhat more organization, but would allow everyone to play their very own civ.

though i could understand if rarely anyone was interested in that solution

in any case i would need copies of these 3 files from you, since in my respective files i have already made too many adjustments.

Comment

Let's test first if replacing those 3 files is really necessary. I'll sent you a trial turn.

Comment

I think its best to discuss all this in the other setup thread, leave this for turn postings. Btw i wouldve liked bloodlust off, theres 8 players, we could be here for a while, so i think science victory is very possible in this case.
              Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
              CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
              One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Btw i wouldve liked bloodlust off, theres 8 players, we could be here for a while, so i think science victory is very possible in this case.
                i VERY MUCH agree with that.
                we're now discussing the setup stuff per email.
                if it gets to complicated we will let it be.
                it just be noted here that i wont be able to participate without any adjustments.

Comment

I'll be Tux of the Waikaterians (I'll send mail with details)

Comment

Centrifuge of the Mongols sounds good to me

Comment

If nobody speaks up on behalf of bloodlust on I will turn it off since both Maquiladora and Mathemagician are very much against it (I already have my gigantic map ).

Comment

I agree, no bloodlust...let's keep our options open

Comment

With 8 players, BloodLust would be stupid. I sugesst we go for earth like settings (70% water, no bloodlust, all other settings 50%)

I suggest we max goods for a faster game, especially with 8 players

Comment

I'll take Richard Nixon of the Americans.
                            If it ain't broke, find a bigger hammer.

Comment

I agree with blood lust off.
                              If it ain't broke, find a bigger hammer.

Comment

Working...
                              X