No announcement yet.

Help Desk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, except that I ALWAYS know if Solver is any unread post, but not Solv...
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
      Here's the relevant part of my reply, do you guys have any further advise/wisdom to share?
      My answer is, not yet.

So far, I've set up a simple scenario with three computers running w98 and didn't have a problem joining a game.

This is what I did:

1. Installed ctp and applied the 1.2 patch on each comp.
      2. Created a game and followed instructions:
      - Enabled dynamic join.
      - Attached AI player.
      3. Joined game and clicked the launch button, which was enabled. Simple isn't it?

I know this isn't much, but the bottom line is that it works, at least, in a simple TCP/IP LAN. Note that CTP hadn't been installed previously on these comps so there were no conflicts with sloppy uninstall procs.

As you've pointed out, this may be just a simple TCP/IP configuration issue!
      "I'm an engineer. I make slides that people can't read. Sometimes I eat donuts." - Alice

Comment

If he has a firewall it could be blocking the signal. My guess is it is a network configuration problem.
        “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
        Or do we?

Comment

Firewalls suck. You can't play multiplayer on AOL because of them.

Comment

I have a fix for that somewhere
            “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
            Or do we?

Comment

Blackice... if only you could have given it to me when I was suffering on AOL

Comment

The firewall thingie is a good one, I should have thought of that myself. Thanks for all the advice guys, I will first see if all this helps my guy anything, before bothering you guys again
                Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

I have a few Anti Aol sites that are loaded with goodies.

Locutus I don't think you're bothering anyone, after all it is the help thread
                  Or do we?

Comment

Amen, blackice...

And speaking of help... this Mac user still can't get into the online lobby, even with the most updated servers.dat file he can find.
                    I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Macs... perhaps that servers.dat isn't Mac compatible

Comment

Originally posted by redbull
                        I have, and no one has been able to help me.
                        I though you had solve your problem.
                        Wasn't the 1.2 update?

Redbull, the fact that CtP works just fine to the rest of us only means that there is a specific problem in you that must be found and solved.

If you don't help me I can't help you
                        The fact that every time you load your turn, CtP crashes does not help me understand what is wrong
                        Please, give more details.

Did you download again the patch?

Comment

Take a look near the end of the thread
                          "help with internet multi-play needed"
                          I think you cannot play on the server when your computer is hosting internet sharing.
                          I don't know, this may be a good item for a FAQ or other helps?
                          If it ain't broke, find a bigger hammer.

Comment

I've seen the thread checkmate, thanks

I will surely include it in a future FAQ

Comment

Does anyone have a problem where you get brown lines appering over the playing map? It's nothing fatal, I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem

Comment

The Mac user reports no such problems...
                                I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Working...
                                X