Phoenix - part I. Based on Wes MedMod 4.13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoenix - part I. Based on Wes MedMod 4.13

As I never got sure if Hunter and Saddam were in or out - or some have other problems - I have choosen to start with 8 humans.

Player 3 has to be put on an AI until we are sure - I have forgotten to do so, I have asked Paul to do it (you know ' (gives the chat) and write /attach 3 before end of the turn. I'll try if I can find one player more.

If some objects to this, we can always use this for a test of our installations.

Settings:

Game Settings
    (as in the single player mode)

1. Skill level - Deity
    2. Barbarian Threat - Maximum
    3. Map Size - Giantic
    7. World Shape - Donut (votes was 3 against 2)
    8. Bloodlust - No
    9. Pollution - Yes

Other settings 50% except Uniform/Diverse which is 90%

1000 gold, 8 advances.

Players:

1. Maxim - french: TheBirdMan - max.reiff@lyngbyes.dk
    2. Paul - dutch: Paul - Paulvdbelt@hetnet.nl
    3. Barracuda - portuguese: Phantom player until further notice.
    4. John - english: John - JohnBytheway@btinternet.com
    5. Frazer - welsh (couldn't choose Celts in this game): Frazer - Frazer@clara.co.uk
    6. George W. Bush - american: NukeBoy - NukeBoy1960@aol.com
    7. Hagar - Viking: Saddam - masterdebatez@aol.com
    8. Don Quijote (last part my invention ) - spanish: Don - donny@orc.ca

NEVER-THE-LESS. HERE WE GO.

Turn O to Paul.
    First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Turn 0 to John

Comment

no I never got mine to work ..

I can pick the mod, but I get TGA errors. Meaning im not doing somthing right with the graphics files . But everything shows up in the great library...looks interesting. Wish I could get in!

Hey birdman, just start it up as a normal PBEM and select the Scenario. You dont have to load it like a single player game like someone had said we did.

Comment

The troubleshooting tells you how to deal with the tga errors - it means the 1.21 hack's not installed properly.

Comment

0 to Frazer

Thanks for dumping me in a load of tundra and glacier .

*sulk*

Comment

ok im gonna give it one last try

Comment

ok I found Harlans readme

I cut and copied the age.txt, and all the others to my default CTP directory.

Now when I start CTP I get a CANT_FIND_AGENAME.TXT. now i cant start CTP perioid!

Jbtw, whats did I do?

Comment

Huh? How did you get told to move any files in the readme. I didn't think there was anything along those lines... What is the error message exactly? Including the title bar of the dialog box.

If the 1.21 hack is improperly installed or you've permanently overwritten original data files, then the only way to fix it (AFAIK) is to reinstall CTP. I seem to remember you saying you had done so recently, and that could be the problem. As it says in the troubleshooting file down near the bottom if you apply the patches without rebooting and playing & saving a game in between each then you just might have problems. I reinstalled CTP myself in that way only this morning to be able to play the turn, since I'd fiddled with things and it wasn't working properly.

I am sorry you're having such great difficulties, I get the feeling that there might be some sort of deeper misunderstanding going on. I hope you persevere (I spent 4 hours this afternoon tracking down an obscure bug in my scenario that was due to one little number being wrong in one of those files, so I know how annoying this probably is for you).

John

Comment

Sorry, attach my civ too AI......

maybe ill give it another shot at a later date. But for now, im definetaly out..

Comment

Ok, gives 2 open slots.

Player 3 and 7 are available if someone should be interested - and as I wrote, we might take this as a test (3-10 turns).
                    First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

Hi, everybody. I' m ready to play, but where can I download app. 10 Mbyte stuff? My E-mail is julienpysson@oreka.com.

Comment

Here:

Gandhi

Comment

Turn sent to nukeboy last nignt, sorry for the delay.

Comment

Does Nukeboy still have the Turn?

and thanks for the name BM

Comment

Nukeboy mailed me to say he was having problems playing his turn, that was a few days ago. I've heard nothing since.

Comment

Working...
                              X