This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheBirdMan
    Blackice: Challenge David and/or CheckMate.

I am close to loose to both of them, so they will soon be higher ranked

David destroyed a couple of my cities in the start and thereafter he just run from me in both population and science. Though I have a relative strong nation (compared with the 2 AIs), he is nearly 4x higher now in the PG.

In the game with CheckMate I have had the honor to be in war with all the rest most of the game and my ressources are nearly exhausted now. I can't fight 3 wars at the same time.

I have a real hot war against CheckMate and the nearest AI plus a slaver/trade-war with the other AI - that war has lately turned into a real war. BTW, the latter AI is still leading the game with a PG 2½-3 higher than both mine and CheckMate's PGs .
    That is one strange game there. We just keep beating the crap out of each other and the AI just laugh

For awhile I had three cities (all taken from Long John Silvers Noisy Pet, named after Californian Bird Cages for Men.)

Folsum Prison
    San Quentin Correctional Facility
    and best of all
    Alcatraz, Home of the Birdman of Alcatrz

It's been a fun game.
    If it ain't broke, find a bigger hammer.

Comment

• Originally posted by blackice
      Is it his current ranking or his ranking during the game that counts?
      It is the ranking of the defeated player at the time of the defeat which counts.

Comment

• Thanks ricketyclik I do get that part, what I would like to know is. If I have a game with you today and we finish in a week, now during that week you won two other games. Those wins put you in top spot from bottom spot where you were when our game started one week ago. Lets say I won the game against you what ranking do we use?

1. The last spot position you were in when our game started.
        2. The new position of first you got from the two wins during our game.
        “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
        Or do we?

Comment

• 2. The position I'm in at the time you defeat me.

Comment

• Originally posted by ricketyclik
            2. The position I'm in at the time you defeat me.
            so... if you let everyone beat you first, by the time i finally finish you off in our game (turn 334 right now) i will likely 'climb' down to second to last position by beating you.
            Baal: "You dare mock me ?"
            O'Neill: "Baal, c'mon, you should know ... Of course I dare mock you."

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by ricketyclik
                2. The position I'm in at the time you defeat me.
                Correct.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mathemagician

so... if you let everyone beat you first, by the time i finally finish you off in our game (turn 334 right now) i will likely 'climb' down to second to last position by beating you.
                  haha, I never thought of it that way, but it's true. The odds of your opponent losing enough games to make this happen probably aren't very good, though. Just the same, Quinns is there any clause that says the winner of a game can choose not to change the rankings after the game?
                  Humanity has the stars in its future, and that future is too important to be lost under the burden of juvenile folly and ignorant superstition.
                  - Isaac Asimov, 1920-1992

Comment

• Everyone knows this. You can never go down in the
                    ladder after winning
                    If it ain't broke, find a bigger hammer.

Comment

• Originally posted by checkMate
                      Everyone knows this. You can never go down in the
                      ladder after winning
                      yes, i was just kidding on this.
                      (programmers might think of this phenomenon as a variable overflow error, like when rickety loses enough games instead of 'climbing' i will drop, or such - just a joke after all )
                      Baal: "You dare mock me ?"
                      O'Neill: "Baal, c'mon, you should know ... Of course I dare mock you."

Comment

• From the Challenge Ladder post...

"Note 3: Ladder positions change when a player lower on the ladder defeats a player higher on the ladder. When a lower ladder player defeats a higher ladder player:
                        1) the lower player takes over the ladder position of the higher player;
                        2) the higher player moves down one slot on the ladder;
                        3) the lower player attains the BAID level of the higher player (if different)."

Just to clarify-- The lower or higher ranking is determined by the rankings AT THE END of the game, not the beginning of the game.

Comment

• Birdman has resigned from our challenge game.
                          Good game, Birdman!
                          Humanity has the stars in its future, and that future is too important to be lost under the burden of juvenile folly and ignorant superstition.
                          - Isaac Asimov, 1920-1992

Comment

• *52. Chlg 52 david42one def. TheBirdMan; Started Apr-2003 -- Finished Aug 2003.

Congrats David! Challenge Ladder updated.

Comment

• Good job David, next time Birdy

I accept your challenge for a match David
                              “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
                              Or do we?

Comment

• DP,
                                Or do we?

Comment

Working...
                                X