X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some use a ruler

Comment

• Closer to 6x than 4x
      First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

• Since you should have a moderator, simply go to the Civ Score and compute that

Located in the Rankings screen then go to Civ score (Same screen as PG)

I would think that would be best way to determine 3 X or 5 X or whatever

I am playing a similiar game and have a similiar PG look and I am only 1.8 X's the closest ai

Peace

Grandpa Troll
        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• I think that is 4x or more
          If it ain't broke, find a bigger hammer.

Comment

• Is this a poll? I say 6x

Comment

• Sure it LOOKS like 4X more, I was merely stating that in fact if you go to the "actual" civ score one could get a more precise reading, math, not open to conjecture but based on how the game actually accumulates score.

I am not the decision make, merely inputting some information.

Peace

Grandpa Troll
              Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• I suppose we can safely say that the Chaturanga game, (#56. Chlg 56 checkMate vs. blackice; Started Apr-2003 -- In progress.) has ended in a victory based on the 4x rule then?
                Last edited by blackice; August 17, 2003, 12:06.
                “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
                Or do we?

Comment

• Man, you roughed me up pretty bad in that one. I wanted to learn something from the game, but about 1 month ago my daughter deleted all my saved turns

If it ain't broke, find a bigger hammer.

Comment

• *56. Chlg 56 blackice def. checkMate; Started Apr-2003 -- Finished Aug-2003.

Blackice jumps from 12th to 5th on the Ladder -- Congrats blackice!

Comment

• Lets exchange maps I have some saves I can send you. I reformated and lost most, It seems emails are the last things I remember when I wipe the drive. Too many times to count now.

We can also have a rematch as we discussed.

Thanks Quinns
                      “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
                      Or do we?

Comment

• Black I want to officially challenge you to a match.
                        Humanity has the stars in its future, and that future is too important to be lost under the burden of juvenile folly and ignorant superstition.
                        - Isaac Asimov, 1920-1992

Comment

• Blackice: Challenge David and/or CheckMate.

I am close to loose to both of them, so they will soon be higher ranked

David destroyed a couple of my cities in the start and thereafter he just run from me in both population and science. Though I have a relative strong nation (compared with the 2 AIs), he is nearly 4x higher now in the PG.

In the game with CheckMate I have had the honor to be in war with all the rest most of the game and my ressources are nearly exhausted now. I can't fight 3 wars at the same time.

I have a real hot war against CheckMate and the nearest AI plus a slaver/trade-war with the other AI - that war has lately turned into a real war. BTW, the latter AI is still leading the game with a PG 2½-3 higher than both mine and CheckMate's PGs .
                          First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

• I would say Birdy that is an extremely good reason to avoid AI. It is suppose to be a head to head challenge match.

Not to take anything away from those two extremely good players but the AI has certainly made thier "challenge" against you an easier one for sure.
                            Toss in a better starting position and well I think you get the point.

I would be happy to create a map for your next game Impartially of course. I will elliminate the AI so anyone here can have a true head to head match.
                            Or play online no AI, not hard for two people to hook up and finish a game in a week or so online.
                            Or do we?

Comment

• Blackice, Did you see that David42One challenged you above? You didn't respond in your above post, so I think you missed it.

Comment

• Thanks Quinn

I did see it more importantly I saw Birdies post. It would seem to me if I play the scale right, I have two weeks to respond to a challenge right? That being said the best way to play the rankings would be to wait until the 12th hour and see if one or the other takes Birdies spot. The odds seem good that both will do so.

Waiting puts me behind in the rankings and obviously is more incentive. Good reason number one.

Now if I am right here I see an opportunity to advance one more ranking, possibly. I would also say it is a good reason number two to avoid accepting the challenge right now. Greedy but good.

On that note if I accept Is offer to a game and we start the game now. Is it his current ranking or his ranking during the game that counts? I.E. If during the negotiations and or the game he does take Birdies spot which ranking applies to the game?

On that note I would like to challenge Troll to a match....
                                Last edited by blackice; August 20, 2003, 23:59.
                                Or do we?

Comment

Working...
                                X