No announcement yet.

New Dutcheese thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

King Thor is right, all civilization are in peace (in fact, they signed alliance treaty).

Now we are trying to reduce polution and we're going to have a huge an difficult
    race to build wonders.
    I'm not sure we will have an alien life victory as we have a very long way to go and
    when we will build space and sea cities we could have some diplomacy problems. But I hope we will be able to find a solution without using armies
    Apolyton QuickStart for CTP PBEM

Comment

I'm please to see that I was right when I said that English spie Irish so Irish will have
      an excuse to attack me.
      But again I think Irish and English didn't attack the right ennemy. Anyway all civilizations are in peace now for a long time I hope.

Comment

We were never as strong as the SFU alone, regardless of the Maya-Canadian Alliance and Germany, but we did the best we could!

Our attack was only pre-emptive for England was always an SFU target and Ireland too strong for comfort. Had I opted for peace and isolation all I would have seen would have been the absorbtion of England as an SFU Colony and the Vikings as a 'Satelitte State' with me as the next target for a carve-up!

I gambled - I lost! I took the English, and the Vikings by attachment, down with me but is defeat on Turn 150, when you still had a chance - however small - worse than on Turn 300 when all has been decided with certainty anyway?

It made for a great period of tense fun and enlivened what had become something of a dull game, it certainly quickened the Turn Rate, so I reckon TBM and I were right to go for our shot at victory!

It is, after all, only a 'Game' and not a test of worthiness to membership of the human race!

It all was fantastic fun to me and, with Ed's Dutcheese Chronicle to help it along in the beginning, just about as good as PBEM's get!
        “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
        - Anon

Comment

turn 178 to Klair

Comment

Do you want the next "secret"? If so I am very sorry Frazer , but yours next.

But do not worry, this is not washing others dirty clothes alone (one for Jon, one for Frazer). I have done several mistakes too.
            First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

TURN SENT TO DON
              “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
              Or do we?

Comment

TURN 179 SENT TO DON
                “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
                Or do we?

Comment

TURN 180 SENT TO DON
                  Or do we?

Comment

turn to Slamp
                    ------------------

It appears that althrough there is peace, Russia must still fight. Living in the post apocalyptic world is a struggle beyond belief. Indeed, things could have been worse, but things are horrible even now...
                    King Thor

Comment

Canadian scientist's warned of pollution levels rising and atmosphere damage increasing. We ask once again to curtail pollution outputs until certain measures can be put in place. Wars,space launches, oil or robotics industries construction etc etc could cause major damage to our urban areas, please think again about your actions and how they will affect the environment.

The Globe and Mail

Comment

I would like to hear more secrets BM

Comment

I think the English-Viking-Irish alliance was as strong (if not stronger at times) as the SFU. If it wasn't then why didn't the Russians gain as many cities as everybody else? Like King thor says he was hurt badly by the Great War. This game could have went many different ways. Jon made a certain choice and it played out the way it did, but it didn't necessarily have to be that way.

I really think the DC mod screwed things up, when the French and Russians where basically planted on top of each other. It also screws things up when your first units have incredible movement and can tip lots of huts and get(possibly) a generous amount of science. Does anybody remember the size of map that this game is being played on?

I never did like the way this game generates maps, its best I think to have somebody make a well balanced map and then go from there.

Comment

I agree with you Max. SFU was about the same in strength as Irish-English-Vikings. but the Northern Alliance was significantly stronger.

Besides that, I had at a point taken 9 English and Viking cities and wiped out most of their armies as well. However, I made a couple of major mistakes, and Birdman quickly used those mistakes of mine to his advantage and turned everything around. Also, initially I had kept my peace time levels up for too long.. I learnt a lot from the mistakes I made in that game. It was the first one I played in which I had to declare war against human oponents.

Also Irish did some MAJOR damage to Klair when they first launched the nukes. I think she lost some 20+ expensive units there, and I literally delayed an attack against the English so that I could have troops on the mainland incase the English or Irish invaded us. But France has been setup well, and Klair came back real fast and soon didn't need me to leave my troops on the mainland anymore.
                            King Thor

Comment

At the beginning of Jon's war against Slamp, I was not at all ready for any war. If only I had some paratroopers ready when Jon nuked Klair, the war would have ended somewhat different.

At this time, I was on edge with Frazer about the woodden area between us and had only a few more troops than he had (I think). The difference was our government, I as communist was able to replace my troops quicker than he was. I forced him to peace by using blitz-krieg against him (deep attack passing the strongest concentrations og enemy units), see about this later here.

And for the end:

The only reason, that I was able to wipe out the russians was, that I left my western close to be undefended. I had hoped, that Klair would use all her forces on Jon (sorry Jon ) but she soon figured out, that I couldn't have that many troops around.

The trick about using spies for nuking instead of real nukes was "handed" over to me from the Monkey 2 game (thanks to Saddam) - a much cheaper way to kill your enemy and pollute the world - though the chance is only 25% for succes. But on the other hand, you do not have to take care of units with active air-defense

And now for a chapter of the english-viking war (should be read from below ):

From me to Frazer:
                              Sorry, I did not want to give you a heartattack - but after the map exchange, I could only see one french diplomat (in sight of your marine), so i said "What" to myself and took a look myself.

From Frazer to Me:
                              I already knew about the cites, for a shocking moment I thought there were 4 cities (two more).

I do patrol the shadowy bits of my empire occasionally. klair still
                              managed to sneak in with two settlers. So may be not enough. A lesson now learned.

From me to Frazer:
                              Subject: RE: Proposal (Crazy) - ready for action.

Oh well, oh well. Now we can concentrate elsewhere. Nice!
                              No attacks this turn (and no casualties).

Info to Fraze:
                              Klair has been more that just pushing. I send an interceptor just to see from where that little diplomat came from. But what I found was something unexpected.

My interceptor revealed two frensh cities, 1x size 1 (fairly new I
                              think) but also 1x size 2! So you have been in danger too.

You can freely choose 3 cities between those:
                              city,size,prod,gold,science (as it is now):
                              Manchester,11,312,29,0
                              Bath,7,212,36,0
                              Bedford,8,459,109,12
                              Hastings,10,222,99,14
                              Gloucester,8,115,19,0
                              Cambridge,6,295,7,20
                              Odense,3,238,15,10
                              Oxford,3,202,15,0

You might take 4 if you take both the two size 3 cities and 2 others.

There are no troops in the cities right now - but pls tell me which
                              cities (I have to take care, that you will not bang your head into a newbuild unit later on).

Remember the map exchange after (makes peace).

What information to send by E-mail. Hope Echelon is not listening.

From me to Frazer:
                              Actual, there are a 4th possibility:

I let you take 3 cites of the english, size 5-10 or so (evacuated, no
                              resistance). We end the war and goes ally (just as the SFU). You join the war against the SFU. Forces from all 3 nations are allowed to cross, stay, fight on each others territories.

We will support you with nessesary techs (we do not have any money).

Crazy plan for crazy people.

We might loose, but it could be fun..... but we might also win!

From me to Frazer:
                              Ohh my God.....
                              I really thought this war was a part of someting bigger.
                              It was close to come to an end if Klair had succeded - I don't know what had happen if Jon just had been passive (besides a end of the game for me).

When I heard about it, then I had to look if there were more potentional SFU invasionforces or forces, that could cover an invasion.

That is why I attacked the russian ships - I simply feared an invasion and I can't fight two or three places at the same time.

Now the cat is out.

As I see it, I have three possibilities. Continue the war or make our common border as small as possible (just west of Hladir). A peace as we stand now would be accepted, but I do not think it would last - in this game I only trust Jon (and sometimes I am not sure of that either).

We do not need to discuss the first or the third possibility.

The second could only be made if you evacuated all viking cities south and southeast of my land and I withdraw my forces from Tronheim, Roskilde and Hladir.

Your choice.

Bird.

From Frazer to Me:
                              Hi Max,

What was I thinking!!!

I wasn't going to tell you this because I wasn't sure you'd believe me.

But I feel foolish either way so you may as well know. Like some wars in history, it stared by accident, I didn't intend to attack you at all.

On the previous turn I must have been careless with my mouse clicks because as soon as the turn opened my tanks piled into you city and that was that. I was stunned but, at that stage there was nothing I could do prevent it.

I did consider coming clean and sending you some compensation, but you may not have believed me so I said what the F**k, and destroyed you're other city as well. In retrospect that was probably a mistake but I was at a point of high emotion and decided on stubborn pride.

I will probably offer peace next turn as it would ruin the balance of
                              the game and show me to have a bad attitude to commit suicide.

Cheers

And that's how the second english/viking war started
                              First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

Good reading thanks

Turn 181 sent to Don.
                                Or do we?

Comment

Working...
                                X