How old are you? Are any females here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK.. I'll add to the stereotype.

32 (yesterday), programmer, turned consultant/manager, citizen of the world, born in Australia, currently living in Germany. Already lived/worked in USA, Canada, Israel (I'm non Jewish; for some reason people always think your Jewish if you've lived in Israel ), Australia.
    Outrageously outgoing (non-computer) social life that will kill me someday.

This sounds like one of those adds in the lonely hearts pages....
    Well while were at it, I'm currently single, hetro (as far as I know) and like back rubs

Comment

Damn! I think I'm the youngest guy in here!

Don't you all go treating me like a kid now! I pack a mighty punch (I mean in the game!).

--Edit : Must look at what I type in the future --
      [This message has been edited by King Thor (edited December 30, 2000).]
      King Thor

Comment

Dammit, Jon! For the last time - keep me out of your cross-dressing fantasies!!!

Sorry to disappoint you all, but i'm a guy - balls and all. For the record, i'm 33, work for a Telco, not quite single, and don't mind the occasional beer (or bourbon, tequila, rum, whatever )

Comment

Thor you are not a kidd. You are a big kidd . Kidding.

So the great Lung is a boy after all.
          Not Davina but David.
          Should we belive him?

Oh, man, we do belive you. We just didn't want Jon to get disappointed. He trully wanted you to be a pretty, sweety, little girl

BTW you do play like a girl in the DMM series

Comment

Now just because you think you can get away with conning the rest of the Forum Lung I know all about your Cybersex activities! Divine 'Diva' Davina the 'The Queen of Virtual Erotica'!

Besides, the proof is clear to see in Swissy1 where your claim to enjoy a good 'spanking' is being lived out in CtP!!!!
            “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
            - Anon

Comment

Amazing!!!

Comment

Dude.. Guys like getting a spanking too.

But not me.
                King Thor

Comment

Common guys.
                  I now that you had been taking a pick when this topic was originally posted. I bet that you do open it when a new post comes up.
                  Do not be afraid! Post something about yourself .

Comment

I'm 27/m

Klair is also winning in Slamp pbem
                    [This message has been edited by slamp (edited January 11, 2001).]
                    Apolyton QuickStart for CTP PBEM

Comment

All right Slamp!
                      Thanks for keeping this topic alive for a little longer!

Yes, we have talk about Klair.
                      Maybe you should tell her to tell us all here about herself too.
                      Half of the topic is about her. As she is the only female around here .

Comment

She does frequent Apolyton very much I guess, so chances are she hasn't even read this thread yet.

Anyhoo.. Basically there are VERY few ladies who play Civilization games, The ratio may be something like 15:1 or even 20:1 .
                        King Thor

Comment

Yeah, I think if it's not something like Civs or Abe's Odyssey or somethink like that females loses interesting. And most of them they don't even like games generally. So it's naturally games like CTP not to be attractive for them. It's a man's game !
                          But it would be intereting to discover the females who accually like CTP or civ-type games. And they are so few that wouldn't make a category either .

Comment

If you go to ACOL and look through the member list you will see that there are many more women into SMAC than Civ or CtP. It's still male dominated but not much more than 4 to 1. Maybe it's just more women like Sci-Fi?
                            “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
                            - Anon

Comment

I'd put it at least 500:1
                              It's that nasty combination of:
                              war(male dominated)
                              computer game (male dominated)
                              turn based (control freak (often male) dominated)
                              PBEM (I'm not sure what sort of wierdos play PBEM , and I think this avenue is better left unexplored. I hate categorising myself

Comment

Maybe I should get a membership at ACOL at once!

Comment

Working...
                                X