• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turn 87 to St Jon ---

"War Protesters Line Streets Around Cuzco Capitol"

Comment

Turn 87 to Madrid.

The Saintly nostril do'th detect the unholy odour of sulphur mixed with rotting flesh in the air. It is only to hoped that the wind changes and my children will not have to keep themselves ever equipped with nosegays.

Blessings be upon you.

Saint Jon, Decencey amidst Decadence.
      “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
      - Anon

Comment

Indeed St. Jon your populace need only turn their backs on the direction of Australia to seek the sensory respite they desire…

CREDO

Tomas de Torquemada
        Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Come on Demos!

Comment

Turn 87 ==> Stavros

Wales worries at the instable nature of the region closest to her, and so as a defensive precaution her troops have been ordered to move into positions to secure her border with Australia.

The aggression across the border has no place overflowing into the peaceful world that we call Wales, and whilst Welsh troops are enforcing border control and throughfare far more strictly than before, they are still remaining only on military alert.

Wales is still hoping that Australia might see the option of peaceful negotiation instead of war as the only way to conduct international relations, a position that Wales has always, and continues to, advocate.

------------------
            Cariad,
            Demosthenes.
            _____
            www.polthought.freeserve.co.uk
            Cariad,
            Demosthenes.
            _____

Comment

Looks like you Bastards are just itching for an excuse to attack...

Yes...
              I've now declared war on Greece. Well, if you can call shooting 4 cannonballs at the 21 troops parked outside the walls of Darwin (the gateway of diplomacy) a hostile act.

As for the Welsh... You can't get much more duplicitous than that. There have been no troop movements at all in your direction, despite our proximity.

Oh well... In for a penny in for a pound...

Let the games continue....

Your beloved Breaker Morant.
              "Shoot straight you bastards"

Comment

Turn 87 ---> Quinns

Although much cannon fire fell on Greek soldiers today, their position in the forests helped shelter them, and injuries were minimal.

But in their honour, Darwin has been taken. While it has been claimed that Darwin was a "city of Diplomacy" (of which there has not been a trace seen from Australia), it appears that it was more of a fortress and staging area for future invasions into Greek territory.

While this fighting has taken place by the Welsh border, we wish to assure our friends in Wales that we have taken great pains to ensure that no stray cannonballs fall in Welsh territory. But what is to be made of these claims that Wales has taken action against Australia herself?

Xenophon

Comment

Out of Turn ---

Hurray! The Greeks have joined in operation Noble Cause!! Praise be to you great Xenophon. Perhaps together we can purge this world of Breaker Morant's scourge upon the earth.

Sorry, Breaker Morant... I warned you earlier that your words of "anti-diplomacy" would hurt you later... but did you listen? Nooooo... Here beginith the lesson in diplomacy my hopeless "Broken Morant".

Comment

Turn 88 to St Jon of the French ---

Comment

Wales has taken no action against Australia nor any other nation, for we remain neutral and still seek to bring all parties involved to the table of diplomacy.

Our recent movements, as stated, have been made to ensure border safety, so that this brutal war does not spill onto Welsh soil.

------------------
                      Cariad,
                      Demosthenes.
                      _____
                      Cariad,
                      Demosthenes.
                      _____

Comment

Turn to Madrid.

Sacrilege!!!!

May Satan's own spawn return unto the pits of Hell, Xenophon!

Kind words and offers of negotiations in 'good faith' and what do my disciples discover deep within French borders but a Greek Spy! Now all is clear, normal diplomatic channels are redundant to those who are prepared to stoop so low as to employ Spies against their friends.

Despite my merciful nature sometimes even the tenderest of hearts must be hardened and this piece of vermin was not afforded death. We return what is left of your servant to you, Xenophon may his shattered body serve forever as a reminder of your foul deeds.

Beware of Greeks bearing gifts!

St Jon, Honesty in a World of Betrayal.
                        [This message has been edited by St Jon (edited March 04, 2001).]
                        “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
                        - Anon

Comment

Madrid Sends Athens her heartfelt congratulations in liberating the 'City of Diplomacy' from those that do not understand it's meaning...!

Nations of the World unite in ridding this peaceful planet of ours of the evil Australian heretic!

Other disturbing news has reached the Grand Inquisitions ears of ever deteriorating relations between our neignbours - France and Greece...

Spain is most concerned about these worrying allegations of Spying and warns that any unauthorised intelligence gathering missions on Spanish soil will not be tolerated!

CREDO

Tomas de Torquemada
                          Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Dear St. Jon,

Please calm yourself.

The Incans have received many foreign "Diplomats" into our land who all have the ability to "SPY" as well. Did the "Spy", that you apprehended, actual perform any acts of sabotage against France, or was he simply performing reconnaissance? Spanish, Greek, French, and Welsh Diplomats have performed many such RECON missions into Incan lands without causing an issue in Cuzco. I can understand that you are somewhat upset with Greece for not informing you of the spy, but words like "Betrayal","Satan" and "Vermin" are WAY out of line for the infraction. Are you, perhaps, using this minor violation of trust as a springboard for you to go to war against Greece??

This minor violation, that you mention, is in no way comparable to the Pontevedra Massacre where 10 thousand innocent civilians were slaughtered! Yet you still remain silent in condemning this heinous act that brought most of us into this awful war, (in which you continue to remain on the comfortable sidelines, by the way!).

Quinns of the Inca
                            [This message has been edited by quinns (edited March 05, 2001).]

Comment

Oh dear Quinns.

Welcome to the "real" world. See our beloved Saint are back on the stage again with a complete new performance - special for Mobius

Oh my Saint - he just loves the applause from the audience

Bird

Edit: Oh - I see. Quinns, seems like this performance is for Mobius, not you (your lucky b......).
                              [This message has been edited by TheBirdMan (edited March 05, 2001).]
                              First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

This:

I can understand that you are somewhat upset with Greece for not informing you of the spy, but words like "Betrayal","Satan" and "Vermin" are WAY out of line for the infraction

Words like Betrayal, Satan, Vermin (I could mention several more) are quite normal, not way out
                                First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

Working...
                                X