CTP Ratings (12-DEC-2000)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your are right Mobius - about 2 places
    First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

LOL!

You guys got me. OK! Alright.. I'll go shut up now!
      King Thor

Comment

Don't know what's so problematic about creating a screenshot, but if you want, send the text power standings. On the other hand, PowerGraph is rather hard to falsifice, while it's easy to type in everything. But, as we have good public here, hope this won't ever happen.

------------------
        Solver - http://www.aok.20m.com
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Solver, I GUARANTEE that if the "game starter" lies (or makes on honest mistake) when publicly reporting the Power Graph Order for the ...9th turns, we will DEFINITELY hear about it from the other players. (As all Power Graphs are exactly the same for each player throughout the cycle of a turn.) So I don't think the "falsification" problem is really a concern. The only time we would need a "screen shot" would be if someone disputes the stated order.

Hello Birdman, We still haven't got your confirmation about Fly High that I asked about above. (Did you see my questions?)

Quinns

[This message has been edited by quinns (edited December 19, 2000).]

Comment

SURE I DID:

I'm in (the game starter).

And so is (so far):

King Thor
            Krash
            Notuncommon

All above wants to be rated!

Aaginor is still a "ghost".

Arthur and Bilhq is still pending.

Do I miss someone?

Q: Should I (first player and wannabe) or Bilhq (last player and pending) send you information about our positions?

tbm

[This message has been edited by TheBirdMan (edited December 19, 2000).]
            First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

Alright Birdman. Thanks. We are still waiting for you then, until you finalize it.

Answer: You, "the game starter", should just post here and state the Power Graph Order (as mentioned above) on the ...9th turns. The Power Graph doesn't change during the turn cycle. In other words, the first player's graph looks exactly like the last player's graph.

Comment

I guess that means that any other player could post the powergraph order if the game starter somehow forgets to post it?

Comment

Yes, that's right Paul. And if some other player contests the post, I'm sure we will hear about it. But I would really rather have it come from the "Game Starter" just so that we are consistent, and we don't get into the "Well I thought you were going to post it..." syndrome.

Quinns

Comment

St Jon brings up a good point and I think we should let his suggestion stand for all rated games.

Quote from St Jon:

"Plain old Jon here.
                    Game Notice.

With regard to Game flow and sanctions imposed thereupon:

Effective 22-DEC-2000 to 03-JAN-2001 (inclusive) no penalties will be incurred for late Turns, either in 'Next Turning' or 'Ratings', or unexplained absences.

The Season of Goodwill and Festive Booze-Up's is upon us so just get and play your Turns as and when you can.

Merry Yuletide Boys and Girls.

Your Ever Loving Saint,
                    Jon"

End Quote ---

I second his recommendation, and wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Play the turns when you can. No penalties incurred during the Christmas season.

Comment

Should have asked me, too Heck, I am the one who takes a decision. Admittedly, I have suspicion that this will again delay many games, especially those ones with Artur participating. And this nightmare will last up to January 3 2001.
                      I'm afraid Arthur will be stuck again, but let's keep going on. Anyway, I leave tomorrow for several days, I don't care about it so much, but that is some kind of disappointement.
                      So, currently we have played 2 tenths of rated games (Islands 0-9, Love Conquers 50-59). When two more come, I think we would be able to start thinking more about the "Top 5" game.

------------------

Comment

Solver - please. It's X-mas and someone wants to make the next 14 days easier for you

Don't complain.

Edit: Anyway - Aaginor will also be a problem as his mailserver is an MS Exchange (as far as I can see from the messages I get for his postmaster).

His mailbox is full - not drunk, just full. I wonder if he knows, that he HAS TO EMPTY THE FOLDER: DELETED ITEMS? before he can recieve/send posts again

Just a hint to Aaginor.
                        [This message has been edited by TheBirdMan (edited December 21, 2000).]

Gandhi

Comment

Sorry Solver, it was just a suggestion, not the final word, as only the LADDER ADMINISTRATOR has. I think most people celebrate Christmas on this forum, so I only thought it only appropriate to extend St Jon's suggestion.

Merry Christmas and Happy Chanukah!

Quinns

Comment

Sorry, quinns. I did complain as I don't celebrate Christams, only the New Year. Ok, let this be for now, but this doesn't mean that you shouldn't play - keep going on, if you can, you all.

------------------

Comment

Solver,

My ruling was effective only for 'Love Conquers?' of which I am CMN and therefore the the decision was mine to make for that one Game only. If it is adopted in other Rated Games then that is down to their various CMN's, not me.

I did not declare a suspension of Play in the period concerned merely that to expect anyone to meet a deadline when there are visit's to friend's and families, as well as holidays, occurring en masse is unreasonable as well as unenforcable.

I wholly concur with the 'delinquacy' ruling and have myself been punished for it once. I obey the same set of rules that are set for everyone else but I know that I will not be able to play for at least two days during the set period and that this is likely to be the case for most others.

Christmas/New Year is not like an individual taking a two week Summer Holiday, when they either get a Sub or are AI'd, or simply disappearing for no reason at all when they get, 'Next Turned' and penalised in Ratings Points, as it affects everyone.

I do emphasise again that I am merely 'relaxing' the Game by removing punative measures for a limited period. What others choose to do in their Games is up to them but I feel that I am simply being sensible at a time of year when CtP is far from anybody's No.1 priority.

I apologise if you feel that this is impinging upon your area of authority but Game Etiquette within LC is down to me.

Jon
                              “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
                              - Anon

Comment

Although I have a vacance to the 2.jan 2001, I am not exactly "master" of my time the next 3-4 days.

So if no other reasons: I'll support you Jon.

Gandhi

Comment

Working...
                                X