CTP Ratings (12-DEC-2000)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello St Jon,
    It isn't my choice (or Solver's). The "Game Starter" should post to this thread (or e-mail me or Solver) to state: 1) the name of the game to be rated; 2) the names of the individuals within the game that wish to participate in the ratings within the game (which is voluntary to all players - rated or not); and 3) the current turn (ratings are always calculated on the ...9th turns). That's all there is to it. Once we get that, we'll make the game "rated".

Comment

It's just that, as an example, you have Lung as a rated Player but not in any 'Rated' Games which seems rather strange.
      “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
      - Anon

Comment

I agree with you Jon its kinda funny. But I think you could compare it to a professional tennis player not playing in any tournaments this year.
        King Thor

Comment

But how come Slamp has an adjusted Rating when he is no Game to Rated in?

This makes no sense at all.
          “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
          - Anon

Comment

Alright, alright... I explained this whole thing in some other thread but here I go again

Anybody can become rated by just stating that they have defeated the A/I at a certain level (e.g. Lung, slamp). That's their "initial" rating. They don't need to be in any rated games to get an initial rating.

Players gain and lose ratings points by 1) winning or losing at the ten turn mark; 2) being delinquent (-0.1 ratings points); and 3) by being inactive in the ratings for an entire month (-0.05 ratings points). Most of us got hit by this "inactive" adjustment on December 1, 2000 because there was no ratings calculated in November 2000.

Comment

StJon, you better post to Lung's thread and email me when you agree, I just can't post to all of the thread here, man.

------------------
              Solver - http://www.aok.20m.com
              Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
              I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Ratings updated.

*** RATINGS NOTICE ***
                MOBIUS Takes Over Number One Position!

Comment

As you see, I'm a newbie but would like to join a game. I also would like to participate the ranking. I have beaten the AI at King-Level but I'm playing on a macintosh. Is that compatible? Or do I have to go to the "Macintosh"-Forum and can't be rated?

Thanx

Comment

All players in Lung's Fast Game have now agreed to be rated. They are in playing order Lung, Stavros, Paul, St. Jon and TheBirdMan. So now I suppose Lung has to remember to send out a save of every ..9th turn.

Comment

MOBIUS!!!! You better watch you back! I'm coming after you!!!
                      King Thor

Comment

Lung's game is now rated, but wrong - he doesn't need to send out saves, saves will not be accepted. He needs to send a snapshot of the powergraph with explanations:
                        Green - Paul
                        Blue - Lung
                        For us to know who is whitch, and to see the ratings. No saves here please.
                        Send to two addresses: quinns' and Solver's.

------------------
                        Solver - http://www.aok.20m.com
                        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Solver, and all, I want to make this as simple as possible for them (it's a pain to e-mail pictures, sometimes). All that is really necessary is the "Power Graph Order" of the game showing the names of the "player handles" (not of the pseudo leader names or civilization names) -- (E.g. Love Conquers(59) - Mobius, Stavros, St Jon, Rick Elkins, Quinns, The True Demosthenes). If the "Game Starter" can post on this "CTP Ratings" thread, it would then be public knowledge. Any player, involved in the game, can contest it at that time. I know this goes against our initial idea of the "snapshot", but snapshots are kind of a pain to prepare (for some of us, anyway, including me).

BTW, Thanks Paul for the player list of Lung's Fast (which is now a rated game).

Comment

Fly High is wanted as rated too (I'm the owner ). Solver/Quinns pls check who also want to be rated.
                            First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

Have all the players of Fly High agreed? If so, what is the player list and what turn are you on?

Max, we can't ask each thread if it wants to be rated. The game starters should contact this thread (like you did) if they want their game to be rated, and state: game name, player list (in turn order), and current turn. That would be the best way.

Quinns

Comment

Originally posted by King Thor on 12-18-2000 08:56 AM
                                MOBIUS!!!! You better watch you back! I'm coming after you!!!
                                After being the operative word...

Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Working...
                                X