Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTP Ratings (12-DEC-2000)

CTP PBEM RATINGS AND RANKINGS
    (updated every Sunday at 23:00 Apolyton Time)
    Please refer to the thread entitled CTP Ratings (21-DEC-2000) for the latest ratings.

[This message has been edited by quinns (edited December 23, 2000).]

Ratings updated.

Comment

That is unfair

I'm just doing fine - and now I going from a 6th to an 8th.

THIS MEANS WAR!

Edit: Could be please get Lung's Fast to a ranked game!
      Edit-edit: And Do some PBEM (SOW) and Midway
      [This message has been edited by TheBirdMan (edited December 12, 2000).]
      [This message has been edited by TheBirdMan (edited December 12, 2000).]
      First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win.

Gandhi

Comment

Some information: under certain cirumstances I might take this table and post the renewed ratings, in case some new members or something else important happens. In this case, I will edit this post with the new ratings, but basically we'll try to stick to the weekly update system.
        And, quinns, please even if you don't want to update the ratings (here I can understand you very well), calcualte them and email them to me. It would even be fair that I am the first one to know them. I think calculations don't take much time, do they? Updates can wait, really.
        And if we make 10 rated turns at least 2 more times this year, the "Top 5" game will be starte in the very beggining of the January. However, this is a thing to happen a bit later, so let it go, for now.

------------------
        Solver - http://www.aok.20m.com
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Basically, we do now. Tomorrow I'll look at the Do some PBEM, and it to the rated. As for Lung's, and Midway, please post an offer there, I'll look within a couple of days.
          Then I think I will have to update the ratings, as Quinns won't do this before Sunday, and I'd like the new rated players come there. OK, that's for my tomorrows' ToDo @ Apolyton list.

------------------

Comment

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha... Ho Ho Ho... Merry Christmas! Good one Birdman. Ha ha ha ho ho! UNFAIR!! ha ha ha.
            You haven't done anything to deserve your rating position other than state that you've beaten Deity at least once... AHA HA HA... (I can't stop laughing...) and now your talking about being unfair to you because someone else claims the same thing and happens to be alphabetically higher!! HA HA HA HA HA. Good one... that's a good one.

Solver, the reason I make it weekly is because that is how often the tennis rating system updates (including the recalculations due to results). The process (including all professional tennis players score updates) takes about 2 hours to run and then post to the www.worldtennisratings.com site. I've included the PBEM system within the tennis system in order to save time. I think weekly is better anyway, that way players won't keep asking when their ratings will change. Now they will know exactly when -- 23:00 Apolyton Time on Sundays.

Comment

I had already posted in the Fast Game's thread, but so far only TheBirdMan has replied, so I just sent an e-mail to the other players. They may be more likely to read that.

Comment

In case new players come, I think it might be yet interesting for me to change the ratings immediately. However, as I have already said, I will only do that if really neccessary.

------------------

Comment

In case new players come, I think it might be yet interesting for me to change the ratings immediately. However, as I have already said, I will only do that if really neccessary.

------------------

Comment

That's the second time you've double posted Solver. I wonder if something is wrong with the bulletin board.

Well Solver, maybe your right. I had a feeling that members were going to be added by two to three each day. My estimate was too optimistic. I'll go ahead and ADD the new members when you say so (in CTP Ratings) on a daily basis. But I will continue to update the RESULTS and RECALCULATIONS only once a week, on Sunday. (I'm a bit confused on what you plan to "update", you can't update the "CTP Ratings" thread without my password.)

Comment

As I posted on Do Some.... I'm happy for the rest of the people to be rated... but the starting positions were so varied, that I can't agree to be rated in this game
                      I'm not whinging, I'm still happy to play along for the ride

Comment

Yes, I did double post - I didn't see it doing anything, and cliked the Submit Reply button for the second time. However, I have also seen triple posts, so it's no a tragedy.
                        Yes, calcualtions don't need to come on a daily basis, I agree, but I insist new members are updated - as you have agreed to it, it's very nice.
                        How can I update it? First of all, I can do my own post under yours' one, second I an just hack the system and get your password. Know it's difficult, but not impossible . Basically joking here, but beings serious, UBB systems aren't that secure.

------------------

Comment

Solver, you little hacker, you better STAY OUT OF MY POSTS!!

Really, I don't mind doing the posting. Just let me know via e-mail or this thread what you want changed. I'll do it within a day.

I'm glad you agreed to all rated games changing player ratings on ONLY THE ...9th TURNS. I think this will work out best.

Comment

Modified to show player list of rated games.

Comment

Is Lung's Fast 'Rated' or not? If so when will it's first Grading take place?

Have you decided to include DC? I do think that it is too old but it is not my decision.
                              “Quid latine dictum sit, altum videtur”
                              - Anon

Comment

Working...
                              X