Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I sent a counter offer to AC. It is mostly WiseA$$'s suggestion. Note that I added that techs be exchanged as discovered, & that we will put a 6g deposit down on the agreed techs with the balance to be worked out later.

To our wise friend Yang and his most faithful followers,

We understand your concern with the possibility of there being an exploitation of one nation over the other if there was too great of a scientific advantage gained. In the interest of a long-well intended friendship, we would not want perceived exploitation to come between us.

Therefore, we propose putting a "gold value" on tech research. The number we have been kicking around the Banana Orchard has been 1 Gold for every 10 research points.

Based on your proposal & figures:

TEAM BANANA
    meditation 114
    priesthood 85
    writing 171
    alphabet 429

ALPHA CENTURIANS
    fishing 57
    sailing 143
    iron working 286
    hunting 57
    masonry 114
    pottery 114

...there would be 128 point difference, currently in your favor. In the nature of friendship, in this and all future deals, we propose that the number should always be rounded down. So that would take you to 120 research point difference - 12 Gold to Team Banana.

However, as with research time of Alphabet, you will probably tip the scale such, that we will probably be owing you Gold instead. In which case, we would use the same standard of measurement.

We think it is important that we continue to coordinate our research into the future so we can be trading techs that are worth both our while.

It is also important that the technologies are gifted as soon as the technology is discovered.

With the numbers as they are we are willing to gift 6 of the gold at the beginning of the agreement with any difference paid to you or us after these techs have been discovered and traded.

Last, on the tech trade agreement, I should think it important that we discuss a term in length or scope. While we whole heartedly hope that this agreement would last through all of histoy, we understand that circumstances can vary. Thus, in order for us to remain on terms throughout this tech agreement, I think it important for us to look revisit the agreement as we enter a new "Age". If everyone is still in agreement we continue; or we renegotiate our strategy and possibly the gold conversion.

As for our new found friends, we do hope that we can add them to our alliance one day, however, as previously mentioned, it is far to early to tell. We shall let time dictate our relationship with them, just as we did with you, and we can only hope that it developes as well.

We send you the best wishes from our Wisemen and The Great Banana whose name we dare not utter.

Viva la Banana,
    -The Diplomatic Banana

Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

• DOH! They will owe us 12 g! Why did I offer to make a deposit?!?!?!!? Oh well it's only 6 gold. Let's see what they do.

Sorry.
      Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

• Originally posted by Daddy-O
        DOH! They will owe us 12 g! Why did I offer to make a deposit?!?!?!!? Oh well it's only 6 gold. Let's see what they do.

Sorry.
        That's ok, everyone sucks at life sometimes
        GC Magazine|Gamecatcher

Comment

• Maybe this will be the bit of acting-in-good-faith that gets them to sh--------- or get off the pot.

Comment

• To AC:
            Impaler, Mighty Mouth of Yang,

Did my messenger fall ill or become the prey of wolves? Is there something wrong with our generous offer? Did we offend?

Whoa BANANA!
            -The Diplomatic Banana

Comment

• I sent a PM to binTravkin of AC. I chose him because he was online at the moment & by the public post he seemed to have some authority there. I'll post what ever he responds with.

binTravkin,
              I am a member Team Banana and have never PM'd you before. I don't even know if you are the correct person to PM.

I know this breaches protocol and I'm out of character here but does AC plan on answering any of Team Banana's diplo emails?

We have not heard from Sheng-Ji Yang (Impaler & Maniac?) since Oct 31 and thediplomaticbanana sent word to Sheng-Ji Yang on 11/06 & 11/10.

Since the public forum is effectively closed diplo channels are the only way to keep the game moving.

- Daddy-O

Comment

• ...and by now binTravkin is off-line.

Comment

• and a PM reply from binTravkin...
                  Greetings Daddy-O

The loss of diplomatic activity from our side is caused by late (and somewhat sudden) inactivity of our head of diplomacy, not by any diplomatical/political reasons
                  We're already compiling a message in response to your latest emails.

best regards,
                  binTravkin

To which I sent a simple "Thank you".

Comment

• an AC reply

First of all, our sincerest apologies for the delay. There indeed seems to be a problem with our messengers. There was a message ready to be sent out to you some time ago, but due to the death of our previous messenger, not many volunteers are left to take the dangerous walk through no-mans-land. However, due to the steady progress on the road we are building towards you, a courageous man stood up and is now delivering the message to you that had been compiled previously for Impaler:

"Opps, looks like I messed that up, it was suposed to be equal points. Seems their was some confusion on my part over the math their, aparently due to Animal Husbandry being droped. Seems you forgot to include it in your list of techs you sent us and this caused it to get included in the proposal my team mates worked out as they thought you didn't have it. I on the otherhand knew you had it already and droped it without checking the math. We can perhaps substitute some other tech to achive equal points which was our intent.

In any event this raises a good point, its not always going to be feasable to trade two piles of techs witch equal costs so some methond of "making change" needs to be agreed upon. An agreed gold exchange rate might work but it will be some time before gold trading is enabled. In the meantime some kind of IOU system in which any imbalance in an exchange results in "beaker credits" that are held untill the next exchange. Which ever side has beaker debt will gift techs to the other side to pay the dept as soon as possible."

Just for reference, here is the original proposal, which included a transfer of animal husbandry from us to you:

meditation 114
                    priesthood 85
                    writing 171
                    alphabet 429
                    ==============
                    total 799

fishing 57
                    sailing 143
                    ironworking 286
                    hunting 57
                    masonry 114
                    animal husbandry 143
                    ================
                    total 800

This was, to our beliefs, the closest we could get, but as pointed out by Impaler, we dropped animal husbandry at the last moment without a substitute. If, contrary to our current beliefs, you do not have animal husbandry yet, we will add it back to the deal. If you do have it, we are open to suggestions from you for a more balanced deal, as long as the basic techs stay the same.

May we inquire as to how far your workers are with the road? Ours have arrived at 2 tiles west of the river, and estimate to cross the river in about 10 turns.

We also don't understand why you can't tell us anything about the tribe you met. Can you communicate with them? Do they speak our language? What's the colour of their belts ? Do they like bananas ?

The unknown courageous soldier,
                    for the glory of Yang, Team Alpha Centauri, and all our friends on this world

Comment

• my quick reply

Followers of the Big Yang,
                      Apology accepted.

re: the tech agreement
                      We will review this proposal. I think we are close to a deal. Is there a time that would be good to chat via Google Talk, MSN, or Yahoo IM? Nights (GMT -6, US CT) work best for me. Let me know but give us a day or two to discuss your latest offer.

re: the other tribe
                      A traveler named Snoopy369 gave us guidelines about what can be said. I fear that I might have already bent the rules in letting you know that they even exist. in the spirit of AC/Banana friendship, when they reply again I will try to mediate communication between the three of us.

OOOOOH BANANAS!
                      The Diplomatic Banana

Comment

• If I am going to chat and finalize a deal I need to know what would be acceptable.

I will start an ABCS thread for discussion purposes.

Comment

• still in agreement

the road deal ?..no time limit to accomplish?

a few ideas

a new map exchanged both ways
                          the same concept of tech exchange we have with GS?

wish I had more time

you have a good head on your shoulder Daddy-O

You have my trust on any other issue
                          anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

• a new map exchanged both ways
                            the same concept of tech exchange we have with GS?

GS has not responded in some time. I'd like to see a map exchange with them first before we talk techs.

P'Rex, Thank you for your kind words and trust.

Comment

• Seems as though since they are making an effort on the road deal, we should start as well. I also have to say their efforts with the road are a good sign.
                              GC Magazine|Gamecatcher

Comment

• On 10/8 we sent a revised road plan. On 10/11 they liked it with a small modification on their side. I am guessing that we have a road deal except that they never gave a timeline that we requested.

When we get that Western Site city built we will be very close to done with our part of the road.

Comment

Working...
                                X