This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Message proposal:
    Greetings our friends at Gathering Storm!

It has been some time since we last talked and we wish to ask how is the research of Feudalism going.
    By our measures and the information available about your scientists it should be ready soon.
    Yet, we also get reports that serious currency stockpiling is going on in your lands, to the extent that little, if any, money is left for the science funding.
    We were expecting a lot more commitment from your economists, since we have always complied to the terms of deals in the shortest possible time and we think that future agreements between our nations would be highly unlikely, if GS doesn't follow the same honorable practice.

The Centaurians
    -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
    -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

• http://www.danasoft.com/sig/scare2140.jpg

Comment

• Blake says he hasn't been active and thinks that some lazy turn player has forgotten to adjust the Slider back to Research. He says he has personally notified his team to do so and I think we should give him the benefit of the doubt on this for one additional turn. If we continue to see stockpiling next turn I'd support a more forceful notice, for the mean time I say hold off on a message.
        Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

• I really hope that's not true. Because if it is true they only pay that much attention to the game, they are worthless allies. I'd respect them more if they did it on purpose.

However, as always, we don't know if they are telling the truth...
          no sig

Comment

• I don't really believe that 'some lazy turnplayer' mistaked it, especially as 4 last turns have been posted by NYE.
            -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

• If on purpose, it could be to slow us down getting the tech or make them look careless or inept while not losing anything. I did this on purpose a few times in SMAC pbems, not sure if it worked but i gave it a shot players that cant get their research right cant launch sneak attacks right? at the very least it pisses off or confuses your ally

or it could just be a mistake
              Last edited by Kataphraktoi; February 18, 2008, 11:48.
              if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

• I'd raise our troop readiness according to black bikini..

Comment

• i'm in favor for black bikinis!
                  http://www.danasoft.com/sig/scare2140.jpg

Comment

• Yeah, this one will do, the troops should be pretty ready when we show this to them and tell they have plenty in GS!

Comment

• Thats not bad....
                      I prefer ''special'' black myself...

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

• thats not a bikini
                        http://www.danasoft.com/sig/scare2140.jpg

Comment

• thats why its special

Comment

• sent

Comment

• the bikini?
                              Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• Oh btw, never make a deal where you give something immediately while only receiving the payment much later. That's an invitation for backstabbing. Think of what the Consciousness did to the Pirates in ACDG2. It's the oldest trick in the book. They're just trying to stall. I think we should just send a message "start researching right now, or it's WAR." Or even more, ask for all the money they currently have hoarded as a guarantee they will live up to the deal. We'd pay them back that money after their end of the deal is fulfilled.

In any case, you should not let your actions towards the Gathering Storm be influenced by the fact that they still owe us techs. That's exactly what they're counting on to stall things as long as possible.

The assumption while making the proposal "give us all your money as guarantee, or else it's war" is that war is most likely in fact already inevitable. The goal of that message is getting clarity as soon as possible, to force them to lay open their cards. There's still a small chance they might change course if we make an ultimatum now while we still have the power advantage, but that chance will decrease the longer we wait.
                                Last edited by Maniac; February 27, 2008, 23:11.
                                Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                                Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Working...
                                X