No announcement yet.

Anybody want to help practice MP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dom's gameplay is obviously excellent, but he's also got an MP experience edge. And that's what really stood out last night.

I think I did a solid job of building my empire and defending myself, but his advice on some (seemingly) simple things was really good to have.

One thing I definitely have to do next time is enable "minimize popups" so I don't get caught in city build popups whilst others are moving units.

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I'm still crashing on F screens... everything but F1, I think.

HEEELLLPPPPP!!!!!!!
      The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Originally posted by Metaliturtle
        Yeah, firaxians talk about how he was the first to beat deity... would get him on my team in MP if I could...
        Nope, that's Aeson (of course!).

Thanks for the kind words, guys, but there are many MP players that are much better than me. As you increase the turn timer from Medium to Blazing, I get worse and worse (much worse). I'm still struggling to get everything done on Fast, much less Blazing!

I think Arrian and Theseus are enjoying MP...could we perhaps convince more Stormians to turn to the dark side? I had a lot of fun last night playing with and against familiar faces. A few Ancient era sessions might give us some additional insight on how to best implement a Skirmisher rush (or thwart it!).
        And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

I'd love to join in, just not for the next two weeks..
          Proud member of the PNY Brigade
          Also a proud member of the The Glory Of War team on PtW-DG

A.D 300, after 5h of playing DonHomer said: "looks like civ2 could be a good way to kill time if i can get the hang of it :P"

Comment

Dom, and anyone else who's around today:

I'm home unexpectedly. I had to take the day off work because Toby, my black lab, was attacked last night by a dog down the road and he's hurt. My dog walker was walking him around dinner time (my wife & I had a softball game) and "Comet" a known aggressive Rottweiler down the street charged off his lawn and apparently got into it with Toby. My dog walker didn't actually think there was contact and Comet's owner got control of him and that was the end of it. Toby doesn't show pain, so it wasn't until half an hour after my wife and I got home (after a walk and some play time!) that I noticed he's got a big freaking gash in his chest that's bleeding.

I have a Vet appointment for 11:20 eastern (that's the earliest they could see him! Arg), but otherwise I'm just sitting around. I could use some distraction. There isn't anything I can do for him and he's clearly in pain.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Theseus
              I'm still crashing on F screens... everything but F1, I think.

HEEELLLPPPPP!!!!!!!
              This really sucks. I wish I could help. Maybe bug Trip? Heck, you're going to the convention, right? Ask some Firaxians

-Arrian

Comment

Sorry about Toby. Hope he's OK.
                The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Comment

Yeah, tough break for yer doggie there, Arrian. You should shoot the aggressor dog.

Comment

He's ok... but not very happy. He's got one of those cone things around his neck to stop him from licking the wound. He doesn't really know how big it is, so he keeps bumping into things and getting caught on stuff. Plus, the injury clearly hurts a lot, and it's seeping bloody fluid. It looks awful, but the vet said it's not as bad as it looks. I've got antibiotics for him.

I haven't yet gone down the road to speak with the people who's dog apparently did this. Right now I'm more concerned about Toby than anything else.

Cort - no guns for this here American

-Arrian

Comment

I should be available to play an MP game around 7:00pm or so. Anyone interested?

So sorry to hear about your dog, Arrian - vets know what they're doing, though, he should be fine.

Comment

Yes, he will be, but it will take a while. He just looks so miserable. It's heart-wrenching.

Yes, I'm interested in some MP around 7 (eastern, right?). Team play if possible - that's what I find so fun about MP.

-Arrian

Comment

7pm, check.

Comment

Ok, I'll see if I can dredge anyone up.

Comment

Sweet

I should probably deal with eating dinner then, eh?

-Arrian

Comment

One more for a 2v2!!

Comment

Working...
                                X