This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Discussion

I thought a thread for general discussion might help get us oriented. Not everything merits it's own thread, but it is a GS tradition to discuss anything that merits it.

Here we are. Questions from new members? Discussion about the team?

I apologise in advance for the number of membership threads. I thought about it, but I did not feel it proper to gang them up somehow. Each person is important and rates his own thread, even if he is not granted admission.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

We need to start discussing civs, and the proposed rules for the game.

Looks like map trading, map making, both what type of map and the idea of map makers...anything I missed?
    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

For big games like this, I prefer there be a map maker or at least a map "checker"; I can deal with starting location luck in a PBEM, but in a demogame it's much more demoralizing.

If all the teams agree, I woud like to nominate alexman. He's done it in the past (for AU, on request for some PBEMs) and is really good at it. And given that he's a Firaxis employee, this might even generate some publicity!
      And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

Check on the map checker, but Alexman is posted as being a member of Beta's new team. Isn't he?

I was thinking Sirian would be good.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Even better, perhaps!

Comment

Alexman or Sirian would be good. Also, I gather Aeson is on the moderator team for this game.

Comment

Yes. Either Sirian or Aeson would be good. I have been thinking Sirian as he is the Master of Maps (or some such; he knows the scripts inside out) but Aeson could be expected to be very thorough in his own right.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)

Comment

Btw, I took the liberty of moddifying our icon a little.

I added four dots ( took me hours, I tells ya ) to distinguish it from the other one (the dots standing for Civ4 of course).

Gives me cha,ce to est the upload feature aswell.
                Attached Files
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I thought we had already taken care of that by adding the fourth diagonal bar to our old icon...(not that I care either way!)

Comment

Originally posted by alva
                    Btw, I took the liberty of moddifying our icon a little.

I added four dots ( took me hours, I tells ya ) to distinguish it from the other one (the dots standing for Civ4 of course).

Gives me cha,ce to est the upload feature aswell.
                    That's cool. I am for it if you can get Mark to change it.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)

Comment

Originally posted by Dominae
                      I thought we had already taken care of that by adding the fourth diagonal bar to our old icon...(not that I care either way!)

Hadn't noticed it.
                      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?

Comment

I think we can start admitting some of the safe bets...

oops, I see that discussion on that is in the main forum...

Comment

I agree we want a map checker. I just want somebody who knows what they're doing to have a look and avoid a PTWDGII situation. That SUCKED. It would've been more viable in CIV, becase resources don't deplete, but it still was harsh (our 3-civ continent had 1 iron and 1 horse to start. The iron depleted. The other continent had about 5 irons and however many horses. ).

-Arrian

p.s. And, dirty spammer that I apparently am, I complete the "Tuberski" (MZO term for being the last poster in every single thread in the forum). Huzzah!
                          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

p.s. And, dirty spammer that I apparently am, I complete the "Tuberski" (MZO term for being the last poster in every single thread in the forum). Huzzah!

For prosperity.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Posterity, alva, posterity.

-Arrian
                              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Working...
                              X