No announcement yet.

Gathering Storm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I made it transparent before I uploaded it to the teams thread.

Comment

• UnO,

Yeah, I know that many people felt our main problem was that we were slow... we wanted concensus on everything and that took too damn long. The other main complaint was that we "treated other teams like they were the AI" in seeking perfectly "fair" trades. I actually think that complaint had things a bit backward - if anything WE were acting like the AI ourselves. We had to calculate everything out, you see... which of course slowed us down even more. Greased lightning we were not.

Mainly because I'm not interested in a team that has a tea party when I'm spamming out "INVADE THE M*****F*****S!" and overtly trashtalking every living being in a 1000 millisecond radius.
      Huh? Interally, whatever. Externally - no loose cannons, please. Public forum spats have left their scars, and I've no interest in them.

-Arrian
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Okay ... no loose cannons.
        Gee, that ICBM is looking a bit loose.

Comment

• Well I want to be in... As a lurker, of course. Is it possible?
          RIAA sucks
          The Optimistas
          I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

• Should be, Aro.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Seems GS has a lot of members. I hope at least some of them will be active.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enigma_Nova
                Seems GS has a lot of members. I hope at least some of them will be active.
                I'm just waiting on those private forums...
                "You cannot simultaneously prevent and prepare for war" - Albert Einstein
                Eternal Ruler of the Incan Empire in the History of The World 5 Diplomacy Game. The Diplogame HotW 6 is being set up.
                Citizen of the Civ4 Single Player Democracy Game JOIN US!
                Wanna play some PBEMs!?

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither
                  Should be, Aro.
                  Well, if I'm in the team... Why I don't have this fancy icon?
                  RIAA sucks
                  The Optimistas

Comment

• None of us do yet, Aro. Those of us holdovers from the original team have three bars on the shield (the original PtW group). No one has the four bar shield (the one for this CIV game).
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Thanks, nye.
                      RIAA sucks
                      The Optimistas

Comment

• The way I propose this will go is as follows:

The new forum will go up and the people continuing with the team will be added by Mark (the names I submitted to snoopy).

The polls for new members will go up immediately and all of the new members will be granted access seventy-two hours later (when the polls close).

Our procedure for new members is simple. If nobody has a problem with the person joining the team, you're in. Only serious objections should be considered. This prevents situations where people who are incompatible with each other and our style of open and friendly discussion have to endure a negative experience in our private forum.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)

Comment

• Pardon me for being a n00b, but what sort of incompatabilities could arise from a game of Civ 4?

Comment

• There are people who have a hard time getting along with others, or some people specifically. Our procedure is there to help make sure that our existing members don't go inactive or leave over personality clashes. There will be more than enough things to carry them away, such as RL. Strife within the team is not needed to add to turnover of members.

That's been our thinking in the past.
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)

Comment

• Well, I guess that if you want to get emotionally involved with not only your Civ but also your Teammates, that might make sense
                              But getting emotionally involved with your Civ is a rare obcession, and Teammates are one degree of separation further out.

Still, I'll take your word for it that it can happen. I just don't see how.

Comment

• Being a member of Gathering Storm last game was incredibly draining for the turn players and to a much lesser extent, regular members such as myself. anything that you spend literally 2 years working on and thousands of posts and lots of chat time will create some level of emotional involvement.

Part of me is very grateful that I am in career-mode right now and can't devote hours a day to the game :whew:

Comment

Working...
                                X