No announcement yet.

Gathering Storm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got the game today - I am presently enjoying spreading Buddism to the other civs on my continent.

Comment

Originally posted by dejon
      Just got the game today - I am presently enjoying spreading Buddism to the other civs on my continent.
      I do that a lot myself
      *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
        Do, or do not. There is no try.
        Then I vote for 'do not'.

And con, spam and buddhism are not the same thing. Just thought you should know.
        Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

I'll be getting the game on Nov. 12, untill then I'm trying to find the inns and outs of the various mods out there, some of which seem very promising- like the adjusted playtime/research/etc. mod by dearmad.

Which brings me to this question: do you consider using a mod for the game, or do you rather use vanilla Civ4 anyhow, at least for the first DG?
          Save the rainforests!
          Join the us today and say NO to CIV'ers chopping jungles

Comment

Originally posted by Beta

And con, spam and buddhism are not the same thing. Just thought you should know.
            They aren't?

Originally posted by zeit
            I'll be getting the game on Nov. 12, untill then I'm trying to find the inns and outs of the various mods out there, some of which seem very promising- like the adjusted playtime/research/etc. mod by dearmad.

Which brings me to this question: do you consider using a mod for the game, or do you rather use vanilla Civ4 anyhow, at least for the first DG?
            My guess is the majority are going to go for a vamilla game. I brought up the idea of a multi-settler start for a CIV III demo game and was shot down
            *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

I thought the Buddah was all about the spam.
              Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

Vanilla Civ, definately, IMO.
                You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Yep - Vanilla. Maybe French Vanilla, but definitely Vanilla.
                  Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Let's see - this looks as good a place as any. Mind you, that's because it's probably the only team large enough to provide me only with simple menial tasks until I finally get my copy of Civ IV.
                    Empire growing,
                    Pleasures flowing,
                    Fortune smiles and so should you.

Comment

Simple and menial tasks still need doing, and anyone willing to do them is welcome as far as I'm concerned!!

-Arrian
                      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

well, since my moderator status is up in the air at this moment, why don't we start some PBEM games to determine playing styles or something...
                        First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
                        Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

Good idea, as soon as the patch is out.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I've gotten very interested in this Democracy Game concept, started reading throuh the team threads and I got interested in joining Gathering Storm (various reasons). I'm new to all this MP and Forum stuff but been playing civ since the first one came out.

I'm willing to have an active role (though I dont really know what that trully means)

So, will GS be interested in NicodaMax's services?
                            "You cannot simultaneously prevent and prepare for war" - Albert Einstein
                            Eternal Ruler of the Incan Empire in the History of The World 5 Diplomacy Game. The Diplogame HotW 6 is being set up.
                            Citizen of the Civ4 Single Player Democracy Game JOIN US!
                            Wanna play some PBEMs!?

Comment

I think we are still taking people. Some people might have questions about a new registrant, but we tend to be open.

What things are you most interested in? Strategy? Economics? Diplomacy? Story telling? Something else?
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)
                              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Being new at this I'm open to ehatever it may be, but of those you mention Strategy and Economics would be at the top of my list. Don't care much for diplomacy, that's just war without the fun Maybe put some engineering into the game, that'd be a good use of the money I spent on college
                                "You cannot simultaneously prevent and prepare for war" - Albert Einstein
                                Eternal Ruler of the Incan Empire in the History of The World 5 Diplomacy Game. The Diplogame HotW 6 is being set up.
                                Citizen of the Civ4 Single Player Democracy Game JOIN US!
                                Wanna play some PBEMs!?

Comment

Working...
                                X