Gathering Storm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DeepO
    no offense taken, UnO... all it shows is that sometimes innocent comments can be taken the wrong way.

DeepO
    Hence why I'm always carefull to get prior appoval for when I do write stories.
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

• C'mon guys, you're lighting up easier than gasoline. I think UnO's comment was well intended and basically for us new GS members, who don't yet know of the intricacies of GS internal debate.
      "You cannot simultaneously prevent and prepare for war" - Albert Einstein
      Eternal Ruler of the Incan Empire in the History of The World 5 Diplomacy Game. The Diplogame HotW 6 is being set up.
      Citizen of the Civ4 Single Player Democracy Game JOIN US!
      Wanna play some PBEMs!?

Comment

• Originally posted by NicodaMax

….. who don't yet know of the intricacies of GS internal debate.
        It seems I don't know of the intricacies of GS external debate, too...

But I’m definitely not bored. It’s very educational!
        RIAA sucks
        The Optimistas
        I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

• Originally posted by NicodaMax
          C'mon guys, you're lighting up easier than gasoline. I think UnO's comment was well intended and basically for us new GS members, who don't yet know of the intricacies of GS internal debate.
          This is growing way out of proportions here... look at my initial post: it had a emoticon... for me the sign this was responded to a bit in gest as well.

DeepO

Comment

• Originally posted by Aro

It seems I don't know of the intricacies of GS external debate, too...

But I’m definitely not bored. It’s very educational!
            well... suffice it to say, we're constantly aware that we can improve in this area. We're looking at new blood to teach us a trick or two.

And at least for me personally, we start completely clean... I hold no former grudges whatsoever, not at the end of last game, and certainly not now. Of course, I do know some of the characters of people involved, and will try to keep those in mind. But 'try to' is not the same as 'succeed'...

DeepO

Comment

• Originally posted by DeepO
              well... suffice it to say, we're constantly aware that we can improve in this area. We're looking at new blood to teach us a trick or two.
              Damn. I was kinda hoping you people were going to teach me a trick or two. Heck I've never even beat Civ4.

Then again I've only played it twice and got too bored to finish
              A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

• Originally posted by Master Zen

Damn. I was kinda hoping you people were going to teach me a trick or two. Heck I've never even beat Civ4.
                No worries, there are other areas to a demogame than pure diplomatic issues... I expect to learn a lot of CIV in here too

DeepO

Comment

• Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
                  Eh, just gotta beat me over the head on occasion.

We don't always realize what we say can be interpretted as on occasion. This is but human nature. I could call the 'go write a story' a little pot shotty as well if I really wanted to for instance. Really find it quite witty.
                  Ok, it's all good, then. Let's drop it. If I was overly defensive, which is certainly possible, then I apologize. I'm just hoping we can put the PTWDG behind us and start fresh, ya know?

By the way, the "bored? write a story" bit WAS a potshot. It's called returning fire. I do that occasionally. Hence you calling it that would simply be calling a spade a spade.

-Arrian
                  grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arrian
                    And I thought we were gonna let this **** lie. UnO, that's well in the past, back to the early part of the PTWDG. You *know* we changed later in that game. So why the potshot? Bored? Go write a story. You can probably even fit some more potshots into it.
                    But he's right, you know. Why would you need to 'track an old member down' if they didn't show interest in the Civ 4 DG?
                    If you really want to get over the previous game, accept that there will be different players in this one - some newbies will join, some oldbies will leave,
                    and hopefully some leader won't delay the inclusion of said newbies until after he's tracked down the oldbies who aren't that interested anyway.

Though, Arrian is correct in that you should save the complaints about tardiness until someone becomes tardy.
                    Since I'm not authorised to the forum, they could be having 3-page thread discussions about each of us with their old members - which would be important if the Stonemasons Stormians want to design their secret society well.
                    ... or they could be doing nothing while waiting for some old inactive dude. Hopefully not.

Originally posted by Daddy-O
                    BTW Team Banana is about fun. Drive by fruitings, and fun.
                    Go Bananas.

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
                    I could call the 'go write a story' a little pot shotty as well if I really wanted to for instance. Really find it quite witty.
                    I laughed at it.

Comment

• Drat, did I miss a proto-flamefest (can of gasoline in hand)?

This is cool. We have C3CDG people with scars and perhaps grudges and people from antidiluvian DGs with memories older than Buddy Holly lyrics (I actually know a lot of those, LOL). The intrigue ought to be tremendous.

I visualize a game-ending WW on about turn 35.

Let me know if there are any potential FWs I can use this gasoline (petrol for you, my friend Chris) on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Golden Bear
                        This is cool. We have C3CDG people with scars and perhaps grudges and people from antidiluvian DGs with memories older than Buddy Holly lyrics (I actually know a lot of those, LOL). The intrigue ought to be tremendous.

Oh boy...is it already time to get the flame retardant? Help!!
                        /me runs away!!

I visualize a game-ending WW on about turn 35.

Who us? We a peaceful Horde now. Even learning about some strange art called "farming". Weird stuff!

Let me know if there are any potential FWs I can use this gasoline (petrol for you, my friend Chris) on.

petrol...schmetrol! If you can't use it in "farming" then what good is it to us? Hmmm...wait...I do seem to remeber a chapter in the farming book on "slash and burn"...No wait!! Must...be...peaceful...Horde...now!

"I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

• Oh boy...is it already time to get the flame retardant? Help!!
                          * PLATO runs away!!
                          "Hazardous Environment Suit mark IV, for use in hazardous forums. Offers protection against Flames, Retards, Seriousness and Foolishness. Be sure to keep your suit charged at all times."
                          /me hands everyone a HEV suit

Who us? We a peaceful Horde now. Even learning about some strange art called "farming". Weird stuff!
                          Warn us when you get the farming tech called "Civil Service", we'd like to claim that tech for our own somehow.

Must...be...peaceful...Horde...now!

Nah, be as violent as you want as long as it's towards someone else.

Comment

• You're actually gonna start right next to horde!
                            -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
                            -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

• /me wishes Horde upon binTravkin
                              Chances are they're gonna start right in the middle of a bunch of people, and whoever bribes them the least is going to get it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enigma_Nova
                                * Enigma_Nova wishes Horde upon binTravkin
                                Chances are they're gonna start right in the middle of a bunch of people, and whoever bribes them the least is going to get it.
                                Hehe...we simply looking for a good market for our agricultural products. Simple farmers and Horse whisperers we be.

However, if you want to send us bribes......we will take them!
                                "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Working...
                                X