Pre-Order Guide / Availiability Info Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kinjiru

There is a computer mart in Wan Chi, not far from the subway terminal that will have it. Most of the stalls there have hardware, but there is one stall on the west wall (lower level) that has software. They always had the (legit) US versions of games within a couple days of them hitting the market back in the States. For big titles they always had the special editions, albeit only a couple of them on hand.
    Thanks for the information. I'll try the shops and post back the result after placing a pre-order or getting a copy.

Perhaps, it is time to start a thread like "Shopping guide for the barbarian world". (Being unable to pre-order makes me feel like being a barbarian.) Ok, a better name.

After reading another thread, I feel glad that at least there are legit copies for sales in my place.

Comment

Originally posted by solowoo
      I am living in Hong Kong and just found, disappointedly, that I cannot order from Amazon because it won't ship outside US. Does anybody know if and how I can get a copy of the pre-order edition? If it cannot be done, could somebody tell me when I can get a regular one?
      Try take2
      -------------------------------><------------------------------
      History should be known for learning from the past...
      Nah... it only shows stupidity of mankind.
      -------------------------------><------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Anakha

With free shipping indeed, it would only cost �29 delivered to continental Europe. That seems like a ridiculously low price, if everyone else sells it for at least �40, usually plus shipping costs. Almost too good to be true...
        I have just canceled my order from amazon.co.uk and placed one in play.com. The difference in price is huge!!! I searched for any hidden fine print about shipping expenses and then it struck me: on top right corner of the webpage (EVERY page) it says with big orange letters: FREE DELIVERY ON EVERYTHING.

I hope/pray/believe it is not a scum - Simply lower margins (maybe also lower taxes???).

Comment

I've heard of a game shop site that sells games non-profit. Is that play.com?
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

play.com delivered from the UK to me (CH) without any postal charges!!!! and they even sent every game seperately.
            everything came in a good state and quickly... i am truly impressed and happy about it.

the only downside (besides not having the civ4-presell version) is that they do not have the super-saver-offers that amazon sometimes have. for instance NHL2005 was sold for something around 7£ while play.com has it at around 14£ (each time +/- 2£)... so always check multiple sources. they also do not have many older games...
            - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
            - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

Originally posted by linguist
              I hope/pray/believe it is not a scum - Simply lower margins (maybe also lower taxes???).
              they are located in jersey, so tax is surely reduced
              - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
              - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

I went to EB games to check out the pre-order delivery times, and there wasn't an option to ship it to the UK (or New Zealand for that matter).

Is there anywhere else that will ship the special pre-order edition of Civ4 to the UK?

Comment

For the right price (i.e. my paid vacation to UK), I'll bring it right to you!

We have to keep the PBEMs, past, present and future rolling!
                  Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

he he, that would be one very expensive game of civ!

Comment

yes, but well worth it from my perspective. I've never been to England and hope to get there one day.
                      Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

In case there is anybody from Hong Kong, I've found two shops that claim would have Civ4 by the first week of November.

Mas Multimedia
                        Unit 238, 2/F, Wan Chai Computer Centre,
                        130 Hennessy Road, Wanchai, H.K.
                        Tel: 2591 1770

TeamateSoft
                        Unit B3, 2/F., Star Computer City, Star House,
                        3 Salisbury Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, H.K.
                        Tel: 2727 7777

Hope it helps.

Comment

side note:

Best Buy in the US has it in their flier

available wensday

see the Admins know their stuff
                          anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Second Side Note:
                            Circuit City Flyer has it Releasing on Tuesday, 10/25.

Sometimes, no-one is sure.
                            ---- "What gunpowder did for war, Blake has done for the AI" - Diadem ----

Comment

Working...
                            X