No announcement yet.

Pre-Order Guide / Availiability Info Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon UK still reports the release date (in the UK) as being 21st October. Is this at all plausible? If so, I'll keep my order there. If not, I'll change to Play.com. Any thoughts?
    mssv.net - After Our Time - Six to Start

Comment

whatever amazon uk or play.com says, the release date will be the same for both
      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

EBGames In-store Availability

Hi All,
        I thought there might be some interest in this...

I pre-ordered my copy of CivIV yesterday at the EBGames store on my way home from work.

After making sure I could get the "Real" pre-order edition, I asked about when I could pick it up (expecting October 25th or 26th).

The sales rep check his computer for "Expected ship date" and told me they were expecting it in on October 16th but had to hold it until October 24th.

NOTE: This is in Canada!

Comment

that EB has some crazy dates. it's the 14th the games hasnt gone gold yet. they are expecting it to have it in two days??

Comment

and as good friend of mine reminded me, it should be noted that the 16th is a Sunday, e.g. not a shipping delivery day

Comment

Well, I called my local EBgames in Melbourne, Aus and yes, I could pre order (for "early" November) but they had no info as to whether it was a special edition or not.

Given it's going to sell for $AUD89.95, and to preorder from EBgames online was $USD78.99 (Just over $AUD100) I've pre ordered the real deal...

I've been wetting myself for a month waiting for this...

Comment

i have solved my situation through a lucky trip an acquintace of mine undertakes to nyc on 22nd.
                shipping policies suck. they are literally trying to make sure that we all buy pirated games.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                  EB Games has a "in-store pickup" option.

basically, (unless i understand something wrong) you can pre-order civ4 and secure your copy will be on the store on release day

see
                  http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/...type=2&subid=0
                  Yep - and that applies up here in Canada as well.. I pre-orderd my copy some 8 months ago , and checked last week. My pre-order had been upgraded to the special pre-order edition, and I simply drop in and pick up the game.

(and right across the mall aisle from EB games is an HMV store where I can pick up the first season of Desperate Housewives to placate my better half in advance for the additional time I will not be spending with her. )
                  Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Might wanna pick up Lost and Gilmore Girls while you're at it, I don't think one DVD is gonna cut it
                    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Two Norwegian net shops both has it for a 28. October release. I've not seen any other date so far, but I haven't looked too much.

The two sites are:
                      Gamezone - 359 NOK
                      CDON - 369 NOK

BTW, I see the game's on DVD only in both shops, must have missed that info.
                      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

As i posted in a thread below, EBGames (online) support has indicated a date of 10/25/05 now ... Hmm... Gamestop
                        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Hmm. Went into Gamestop today to preorder the game. They also think it will be here 10/25, but they tell me it's because they're "adding one day to what is in the system, because that's what they tell us to do". Very odd ...

Comment

I think I need to cancel my preorder from Amazon .

I says the game will ship (with Super Saver Shipping... because I won't be at home the week Civ IV does come out) on October 31st!! Yikes!

Anyone else having that problem with Amazon?
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I played around on amazon before going to gamestop, and it looks like that'll be the actual RECEIVE day. If you choose 1-day or 2-day shipping, it say "October 24"; 3-day, it says October 25; and supersaver, October 31. Basically, take October 21 and add the appropriate number of days ... apparently counting saturday, which is unusual (usually FedEx etc. count friday -> monday as 1day, and 2day is friday -> tuesday ...)

Comment

Ah... thanks snoopy. I didn't try that. I usually have gotten my packages from Amazon quickly (like a day after shipping sometimes... helps I live in Atlanta's metro area). So I should expect it at my door (or leasing office) by the 31st, instead of the 4th of Nov as they are saying? Sweet.

Since I won't get back to my home until Friday the 29th, that works for me (it's cheaper too ).
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X